Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2009, 10:33 AM

2,027 posts, read 4,548,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorock99 View Post

Great point and the way to move our country forward is not to close the boarders to free-trade or set up tariffs on foreign imports, it is to accept for the time being, that developing countries currently have a "comparative advantage" in providing cheap labor for manufacturing activities,

so the President by attempting to enhance the number of doctors, scientiest, and othe white collar professions is doing the right thing. Our comparative advantage in the world future gloabl economy will not immiediately rely on the blue collar workforce, but will heavily depend on the increasing large educated work force to provide those high level skills and talents to these emerging economies.

Let the chinese opress their own people through lack of free trade or depressed wages over a significant period of time. At some point their people will rebel against the system and they will experience the ups and downs living in a democratic republic.

In all honesty it would seem to me the republican and democratic parties as it currently stands are both extremely interested in pushing and bringing communism to this country and global ownership.

I cannot say whether the two are bad or good, but i can say with certainty both parties are pushing toward this and people need to recognize it. The inevitiable is upon us. However, as long as they argue over the insignificant they'll be blind to the reality of what is really going on.

My dad told me all throughout high school i was not competing with kids in my local town, county, state, country, but with other children of the world, because the economy he lived in will not be the economy i live in, and most of the younger generation of people realize this.

Whether the older generation realizes it or accepts it is to be seen, but the new generation of young people both consrvatives and liberals are extremely motivated to get out there and vote.

The older generation will experience our determination to vote and will recognize us as a formidable foe, which if you consider the election of Obama, it was highly backed by a younger individual vote, so our power is already starting to show (not that i voted for him, but fact is a lot of other younger voters did).

The younger generation is (i do not want to be too presumptious for all other young people) more concerned with the big issues and not these small partisian issues, that serve no economic, moral, or progressive good for our country.

Let the older generation latch onto such trivial matters as race, gender, political affliation, country of origin, sexuality, and many other non-sensical useless topics that are debated adnosum.

We will be the generation both conservative and liberal that combine the best of both of what our individual minds have to offer for the greater good of not only America, but the World! We will be the problem solvers! "NOW SHUT UP AND GET OUT OF THE WAY, SO WE CAN START TO CLEAN UP THE OLDER GENERATIONS MESS"

-No More War
-More Free Trade
-Open Boarders (via legal immigration)

-Open lines of communication with all nations (no enimies real or imagined to scare the american people)

-Extention of Rights (repeal of Patriot Act, Drug Laws, and other government regulations or measures that have been used to limit individual rights)

-Freedom of Religion (and keep it the hell out of politics separate state and church)

-Limits on the Federal Reserve (no longer allow them to destroy the wealth of a nation, we will just have to accept slower growth)

-You can have medical insurance, but no more social security (rely on the charity of the private sector if you were unable to save for retirment)

-Less usless legislation (fewer laws) Let's start to enforce the one's we have and start to use more common sense in putting non-violent younger people in jail (especially for drugs...waste of money, productivity, and "Good Little Tax Payers" lol)

This may be too optimistic right now, but i think my generation and the generation after will be the group that actually helps move us to smaller more responsible government less intrusive government with a focus on not only domestic issues, but also global political and economic issues.

"BE A FRIEND TO ALL AND AN ENEMY TO NONE"

Hahahaha! At least there IS a plan fitting for the 21st Century!!!
Ok.. I'm gonna say YESSSSSS!!! Haahahahaha! We need optimism!

Let the old people do as they have done... we know already what
world we're gonna have to live in and they have already lived
their lives and raised their families and made their mistakes.

I am not use to ignoring my elders point of view but I'm
seeing that these maybe are not my elders at all. I didn't
realize that I hang out with old people a lot and not young
people... the way I was raised, we all just got mashed up together.

My Grandpa would listen to me as closely as he would listen to his
friends... so I wasn't aware of a generation gap until I got on
the net...

And Topaz was right... I was use to Republicans being the leader of
my community and being responsible people but now realize a lot
of these people don't even know their neighbors much less the
community they live in and are use to thinking from that level
of exclusity.

I'm growing up quick I think. I got to get off te comp, my time is up...
But I'm gonna ask a kid if we can look up your posts and then debate it!
Haaahahaha! That way I'll get a chance to work on a school paper
and read more here!

Thanks for writing Dorock!

RFSilver
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 10:53 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,913,054 times
Minorities, youth showed some gains in 2008 vote

Voters 18 to 24 were the only age group that had a statistically significant increase in turnout in 2008, reaching 49 percent compared with 47 percent in 2004, the bureau said. Even so, that was the lowest voting rate among all age groups.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:54 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,964,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
The thugs, dictators and despots love obama because he is weak and his plan of dismantling American exceptionalism is in full force. I have never been more embarrassed than with his speech yesterday at the UN. Others have noticed as well.

Of course, when you prostrate yourself like that, you also probably need a sacrificial lamb, in this case Israel. I think it is clear to all now, he is no friend to Israel.

Power Line - Obama takes the supplication of America to a disgusting new level

Barack at the UN: Was this Obama’s most naïve speech ever? - Telegraph Blogs

Commentary » Blog Archive » Re: No More Allies

Where was obama when Iranian protesters were being murdered in the streets? This line is the most brazen load of BS I've ever heard, in light of his silence on the subject.

The UN loves Barack Obama because he is weak - Telegraph

Obama's time warp: The U.S. is still the bad guy | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/Obama_s-time-warp_-The-U_S_-is-still-the-bad-guy-8280454-60418352.html - broken link)

They got that right. But what came you expect from an Alinsky, Marshall and Wright acolyte?

EDITORIAL: Worst foreign policy ever - Washington Times

This is like watching the Twilight Zone. The traditional allies are given the cold shoulder and worse, and the bad guys are embraced wholeheartedly.
Nope, it is not Prsident Obama that is weaking this country, it is those, such as yourself, that spread half truths, lieas and personal opinions as if they were facts and truth. It is the likes of yourself that are to blame for the divide in this nation today. Instead of whining on and on about what everyone else is doing or not doing to resolve the issues this nation face why not try putting some of that energy towards being part of the solution.
Casper

Old 09-25-2009, 11:18 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,598,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WRONG! Eisenhower got us in Vietnam.

Obama's done NOTHING wrong in admitting America's made mistakes. The ONLY people/countries who claim no mistakes are liars or those who've done NOTHING.
Ike sent advisors...JFK and Dumbo Ears sent the troops..get your facts straight...

Old 09-25-2009, 11:19 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,598,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
WRONG! Eisenhower got us in Vietnam.

Obama's done NOTHING wrong in admitting America's made mistakes. The ONLY people/countries who claim no mistakes are liars or those who've done NOTHING.
Except for Germany...what other Country's are you referring to that bend over like BHO does ?????

Old 09-25-2009, 11:23 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,715,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Maybe the conservatives have a difficult time understanding the concept of a civilized nation, much rather preferring the previous administration's attitude that we (conservatives) are always right about everything all the time.

They are.

...one either chooses to bomb other nations or "embrace them". Could it be that more possibilities exist?

It could be. Always worth carefully exploring, as long as one isn't taken advantage of.

Right wingers prefer brutal force as opposed to diplomatic skills, probably because the latter requires intelligence.

Remember Reagan? What a leader, a master of the skill of diplomacy. Intelligent too, and not ony intelligent, but wise. There is a difference, you know and the value of intelligence without wisdom is questionable. Obama may be intelligent but his diplomatic skills, as we've seen so far, are nil. And that, I believe, is because he lacks wisdom and is too wrapped up in himself and his own goals.

I find it remarkable that the right wingers even have the capacity for embarrassment. That's an emotion. It seems that the only emotions right wingers are capable of are little more than selfish arrogance and hatred for others.
Well, do they or do they not have the capacity for embarrassment? You contradict yourself here.

By the way, I've been embarrassed, I've been selfish, and I've even hated
in my past life. Who on either side hasn't? So which does that make me. Right or left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Some people will disregard everything that doesn't boost their views. Therefore, the right is always right, about everything all the time, and everything anyone else says to the contrary is always wrong.
No, you are wrong. From where I'm perched, the left is always right, about everything, all the time, and everything anyone else says to the contrary is always wrong.

Last edited by swbtoo; 09-25-2009 at 11:33 AM..

Old 09-25-2009, 11:29 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,289,472 times
Quote:
I knew it wouldn't be long before you once again, predictably, played the race card. Catch a clue - it doesn't work anymore - you've kind of spoiled the impact with your incessant yammering about race.

"Boy"? Looks to me like the poster used "boy" to illustrate his inexperience. Of course, a race baiter would see a nefarious slant to the word.
Yes, because the application of the word "boy" to a black man has absolutely no historical precedent in the U.S.

Further, the fact that you "knew" I would respond to the use of the word "boy" in this way means that you also "knew" of its racial implications.

So thanks for proving my point.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:38 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,908,245 times
Forget about judging people based on the age of their flesh. I have seen 20 somethings who are old, cynical and bitter way too early in life, and I know an 80 year old guy who can cheer people up with his wit, optimism, and wisdom. I guarantee that each generation thought that it was "best". Each generation swears that it will have a "war to stop all wars." That worked, right ? Believe me, each human being will live to see an average of 3 to 4 nasty wars involving the USA. I would love to be wrong.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:57 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,238,341 times
Quote:
I knew it wouldn't be long before you once again, predictably, played the race card. Catch a clue - it doesn't work anymore - you've kind of spoiled the impact with your incessant yammering about race.

"Boy"? Looks to me like the poster used "boy" to illustrate his inexperience. Of course, a race baiter would see a nefarious slant to the word.
You're either naive or playing dumb. Get off of your high horse, you know BOY is derrogatory terminology for a black man, don't try play stupid with others here.

Old 09-25-2009, 11:57 AM

715 posts, read 2,088,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Obama is making sure that America no longer is a world leader in anything.

He is blaming us for all the ills in the world and thus creating new people and countries to dislike us even more.

Instead of healing old ills, the moron is creating new ones.

Sad to see what one man can do to destroy an entire country in 9 months.
He has healed a LOT of old wounds for my fellow Filipinos and for those Filipino soldiers used as cannon fodders in WWII, We bled for the Americans against the japs and now with this WISE BLACK AMERICAN PRESIDENT had the courage to restore our faith and dignity by recognising our grandfathers courage by offering them full military compensation and benefits like their american counterparts. This is something no other president has done.

We will work tirelessly to get this president re-elected come election time. Under this president, i know my people and country will fight alongside Americans once more, under his leadership.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies