Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 10:42 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times

Advertisements

I wonder if these idiots realize that is against the law to advocate the overthrow of the government and to go so far as to actually attempt it would be Treason. Unfortunately at least one of the nutjobs from the right will probably try something eventually, I can assure everyone that the results will not be what they, and some here, expect or want, they will lose and will be treated like the Traitors to this nation that they are.
Casper
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2009, 10:43 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
It is quite obvious that many people are ardently collectivist and anti-freedom. I am only speaking about the natural right of any people to freely choose what association they feel benefits them most and to break free from any involvement that they feel is detrimental to their freedom.
You are so full of it.

Old 10-01-2009, 10:50 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
Quote:
No matter what revisionist taught American history it is clear that the entire government was formed through voluntary association. When that association fails to serve The People it is their right to alter or abolish it.
Didn't "The People" take their country back on Nov. 4/08?

Old 10-01-2009, 10:52 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,744,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Then please by all means freely associate yourself to somewhere like Somalia were you will be free to do whatever your natural law allows you to do.
It seems that not only do you believe that people do not have the right form beneficial associations but that people also do not have the right to live on this continent without your approval. That is why I love you totalitarians, you are so enlightened.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
It seems that not only do you believe that people do not have the right form beneficial associations but that people
To the contrary, I absolutely believe that individuals have the right to form any association that they choose, as has been the case throughout all of human history. And, as I stated, you are free to leave our society with as many compatriots as you like. What you don't have the right to do is to destroy our rights, which include not only our method of choosing our elected officials but also our territorial integrity.

Quote:
also do not have the right to live on this continent without your approval. That is why I love you totalitarians, you are so enlightened.
To say that you logic is faulty, would be a grave understatement.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:12 PM
obo

916 posts, read 986,473 times
Quote:
To the contrary, I absolutely believe that individuals have the right to form any association that they choose, as has been the case throughout all of human history. And, as I stated, you are free to leave our society with as many compatriots as you like. What you don't have the right to do is to destroy our rights, which include not only our method of choosing our elected officials but also our territorial integrity.

To say that you logic is faulty, would be a grave understatement.
What are you even talking about? Destroy your rights? What rights do you have that nobody else does that are threatened to be destroyed? I think you need to worry about this administration if you're worried about rights being taken.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:31 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
IIRC back in the dim past when I, like so many other young men, joined the US Navy, I too an oath to, among other things, to "Defend and Protect the Constitution of the United States of America" and "to obey all legal orders". I am under the impression that the members of the current military have done the same.

To attempt a coup against the legally elected President would be a violation of that oath and issuing orders to there military personal to do so would be a courts martial offense even if the coup was successful. I doubt if any military officer would do anything but hold anyone that tried to attempt such a coup for civil trial. The attempt is guaranteed to be violent which would add innumerable items to the indictment.

If you, IRSPOW, do not find this government and society to your liking I suggest you find somewhere else to take your complaints such as Somalia or South Korea. I consider your attitude despicable and your proposal traitorous.

Calling for change through legal means is one thing but calling for an illegal military coup is quite another. I request the moderators of this board contact the FBI and provide copies of your statements as well as your real name and address to expedite investigation of your activities and prosecution if a federal grand jury finds your activities as illegal as I think they are.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
What are you even talking about? Destroy your rights? What rights do you have that nobody else does that are threatened to be destroyed? I think you need to worry about this administration if you're worried about rights being taken.
Ah, clearly you've just parachuted into the thread without following the conversation.

So let me bring you up to speed. As an American, I have the right to make known my preference for political leadership. If my expression of preference is agreeable to the majority of the population, we have a right in choosing that leadership. If others fail to convince a majority to the rightness of their candidate go outside of social contract to deprive me and others of the leadership which we freely chose, my rights as a citizen are curtailed.

As for your opinion about the nature of the present administration, it is your opinion, which you are welcome to, but it has little credibility with me.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:44 PM
obo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
IIRC back in the dim past when I, like so many other young men, joined the US Navy, I too an oath to, among other things, to "Defend and Protect the Constitution of the United States of America" and "to obey all legal orders". I am under the impression that the members of the current military have done the same.

To attempt a coup against the legally elected President would be a violation of that oath and issuing orders to there military personal to do so would be a courts martial offense even if the coup was successful. I doubt if any military officer would do anything but hold anyone that tried to attempt such a coup for civil trial. The attempt is guaranteed to be violent which would add innumerable items to the indictment.

If you, IRSPOW, do not find this government and society to your liking I suggest you find somewhere else to take your complaints such as Somalia or South Korea. I consider your attitude despicable and your proposal traitorous.

Calling for change through legal means is one thing but calling for an illegal military coup is quite another. I request the moderators of this board contact the FBI and provide copies of your statements as well as your real name and address to expedite investigation of your activities and prosecution if a federal grand jury finds your activities as illegal as I think they are.
I guess you didn't read the article. Enlisted people have to follow orders from the President, Officers do not according to the article.

Old 10-01-2009, 12:47 PM
obo

Quote:
Ah, clearly you've just parachuted into the thread without following the conversation.

So let me bring you up to speed. As an American, I have the right to make known my preference for political leadership. If my expression of preference is agreeable to the majority of the population, we have a right in choosing that leadership. If others fail to convince a majority to the rightness of their candidate go outside of social contract to deprive me and others of the leadership which we freely chose, my rights as a citizen are curtailed.

As for your opinion about the nature of the present administration, it is your opinion, which you are welcome to, but it has little credibility with me.
On the contrary, if the "majority" of people all of a sudden realize that the President is a farce and not who they thought he was and want him out, what does that make you then? It makes you the minority and at that point you won't be deprived of anything but your own self interests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies