Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2009, 03:44 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,013,879 times

Advertisements

You forgot Drudge's first line, "The Ego has Landed", which is totally applicable to obama and the Mrs.

It was all about him. He thought he'd just waltz in there, like the rock star he is and give another of his oratory masterpieces and the committee would fall at his feet.

His problem is he believes the slavering press about his celebrity.

They, as well as people in the US are starting to see through his senseless, rhetorical flourish filled with cliches, platitudes and what he thinks people want to hear, like stuff they already know.

It was a humiliating spectacle for him to involve himself in - like he doesn't have enough to do at home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 03:45 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,163,867 times
That was a little over the top for my taste.

I did, however, enjoy the "Barack Hussein Obama...MMM..MMM..MMM" references. Those words (attributable to the NJ school kids who were taught to sing his praises) should be repeated over and over and over with Limbaugh-esque sarcasm to drive home just how outrageous it is.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:46 PM

843 posts, read 1,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Can you point to an example of anything rivaling the comments of Beck and Limbaugh while Bush was president?

Never mind. Not only can you not do it, you never post anything of substance to back up your rantings. Never. Ever.
Craig Kilborn put a picture of Bush up on his tv show with the line "snipers wanted" underneath it.

Then there were the people who said Bush planned 9/11 so he could have an excuse to go into Iraq.

And Kanye West said Bush didn't care about black people.

And people accused Bush of letting blacks die in New Orleans.

On the other hand, Rush didn't want the Olympics in Chicago. That evil man. LOLs.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:48 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,702,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
It's a d@mned shame. Just think of all the incentive the atheletes would have had, running at top speed from knife- and gun-wielding muggers, jumping through tremendous hoops put up by politicians offering favors, etc.

Odd that it happened so fast, though. Chicago was practically the first location to get rejected. Didn't our esteemed President just get back from making the first in-person Presidential sales pitch in Olympic history?

Better keep your day job, Barack. While you can.

BBC SPORT | Olympics | Live - 2016 Olympics decision day
Guys........Rio has a worse crime rate, more gangs, more drugs, more corruption and more of everything that is bad about large cities than Chicago ever will.

And I love both cities.

Last edited by Lucario; 10-02-2009 at 04:40 PM..

Old 10-02-2009, 03:52 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,745,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post
Craig Kilborn put a picture of Bush up on his tv show with the line "smipers wanted" underneath it.

Then there were the people who said Bush planned 9/11 so he could have an excuse to go into Iraq.

And Kanye West said Bush didn't care about black people.

And people accused Bush of letting blacks die in New Orleans.

On the other hand, Rush didn't want the Olympics in Chicago. That evil man. LOLs.

The "Snipers Wanted" picture was as hateful as some of the comments made about Obama.

The other things you posted were people commenting on events. And only crackpots think Bush planned 9/11.

But it's not that Rush didn't want the Olympics in Chicago. Why would he care? He's in Florida. And who doesn't want the Olympics in their country? Countries fight for it because it brings millions of dollars into the area as well as prestige. The ONLY reason they're glad is because Obama made a trip to lobby for the U.S. and didn't get what he wanted. That is the single only reason and you know it.

It's called cutting off your nose to spite your face and it's simple-minded middle-school, hateful, tacky-ass behavior.

Republicans should be ashamed.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,102,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Again, the entire thread was not saying Bush did it. My only point was that the same people who supported Bush's vacations, ignoring of the economic indicators, and utter failures as a leader are now attacking Obama for trying to fix problems set in motion decades ago.

It's hypocritical. Spending to fix problems is what's done, and spending one day attempting to bring money, tourists, jobs, and the global media to the industrial heartland is a pretty cheap way to do it.

I don;t know how many times I have said this but it was because of Bush's actions that Republicans lost the last elections! Why don't you lefties get it? Many of us that vote Republican believed they needed to be taught a lesson, so many did not go to the polls. Boy what a mistake we made! I wholeheartedly blame Bush for hussein obama!

Old 10-02-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
The "Snipers Wanted" picture was as hateful as some of the comments made about Obama.

The other things you posted were people commenting on events. And only crackpots think Bush planned 9/11.

But it's not that Rush didn't want the Olympics in Chicago. Why would he care? He's in Florida. And who doesn't want the Olympics in their country? Countries fight for it because it brings millions of dollars into the area as well as prestige. The ONLY reason they're glad is because Obama made a trip to lobby for the U.S. and didn't get what he wanted. That is the single only reason and you know it.

It's called cutting off your nose to spite your face and it's simple-minded middle-school, hateful, tacky-ass behavior.

Republicans should be ashamed.
Rush was just commenting on events.

I for one did not and do not want the Olympics in the United States. And I don't live anywhere near Chicago.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:57 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,780,530 times
Craig Who-born? How many google's did it take to get to that little chestnut?

I don't think that the weak minded folks in that youtube are traitors. It's sad when entertainers run a political party. The GOP should be ashamed that they've let the anti-intellectuals run the asylum.

And the OOM show in Copenhagen is a bit of an oopsie, but the raving right will run with it like Obama has committed a crime against humanity and should be impeached immediately.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:57 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,102,294 times
The traitors are all in the white house.

Old 10-02-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Craig Who-born? How many google's did it take to get to that little chestnut?

I don't think that the weak minded folks in that youtube are traitors. It's sad when entertainers run a political party. The GOP should be ashamed that they've let the anti-intellectuals run the asylum.
I didn't google it. I remember when it happened. Didn't watch it on youtube either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies