Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2009, 12:03 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,866,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Can we seriously stop stooping so low as to attack Obama for "fleeing the country" when we're in such crisis.

You do realize he was gone from DC for a matter of hours...mostly during last night.

Do you really think we missed some huge development in our country because he was giving a speech in Europe at 3am local time on the East Coast?
He wasted a HUGE amount of taxpayer dollars by he and Meeechelle flying over at different times, only to be rewarded with FAILURE.

Does Obama think that Air Force One gives out Delta Skymiles?????????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 12:06 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,571,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Thanks for that...now you can go back in your self-imposed exile.
Nah, I think I'd like that poster to stick around.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:07 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,213,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
He wasted a HUGE amount of taxpayer dollars by he and Meeechelle flying over at different times, only to be rewarded with FAILURE.

Does Obama think that Air Force One gives out Delta Skymiles?????????
Damn. So do you drown your kids in the bathtub when they come home to say they failed a test?

I guess we'd all be better off if no one ever put themselves out there trying for anything - because they might not succeed and be a FAILURE!!!

Old 10-02-2009, 12:09 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
How much did we spend to send him and Michelle over there to be told no? How could that money that we spent gone to help the millions of Americans without a job?

Then you add in Afgan

He could have been doing many better things with his time
Homer Simpson illustrated this attitude years ago. "Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is: Never Try."

Old 10-02-2009, 12:10 PM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,721 times
Cool Uhhhh...I REALLY Don't Think So

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Thanks for that...now you can go back in your self-imposed exile.
I'm sorry, but I was unaware that I need your permission to express myself...I'm not going anywhere, and I will call BS on things I feel are wrong every-single-time...

You are well within your rights to disagree with me---I won't dispute you on that...but to reply with something like 'go back into exile'? Like my post title says, I really don't think so...I'm not going to change my words OR my tone, just because I said something you happened not to like

Old 10-02-2009, 12:10 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,393,569 times
Default Chicago didn't get it, so what?

Obama continues to roll; He's digging this country out of the effects of 8 horrific years of Bush, with the talentless, clueless Republicans fighting him every step of the way. In the grand scheme, Chicago's failed Olympic bid is not critical to his agenda.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:11 PM

9,503 posts, read 9,828,252 times
But, but, America needed it more. Brazil is just a poor country, why should they have it....

Geesh.

Congrats, Rio!!

7,993 posts, read 12,866,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Damn. So do you drown your kids in the bathtub when they come home to say they failed a test?

I guess we'd all be better off if no one ever put themselves out there trying for anything - because they might not succeed and be a FAILURE!!!
With an economy in shambles and major world issues happening, I would expect if a President puts himself (along with the first lady) out there for something like the Olympics, he would be met with success. Just one more in a long line of Barry's failures. Amazing all the failures he has had in such a short time in office.

14,483 posts, read 11,289,544 times
[quote=Chicago60614;11017867]
Quote:
This has nothing to do with Obama being "defeated". The other heads of state made their pleas as well. Does this mean the leaders of Spain and Japan are defeated?

Within an hour of the decision some IOC delegates already confided that the main reason Chicago lost was because the USA has had such bitterness and anger directed towards it for all the messes the past 8-9 years.
So much for not bringing politics into the Olympics.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-02-2009 at 12:52 PM.. Reason: language

Old 10-02-2009, 12:13 PM

9,503 posts, read 9,828,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I'm sorry, but I was unaware that I need your permission to express myself...I'm not going anywhere, and I will call BS on things I feel are wrong every-single-time...

You are well within your rights to disagree with me---I won't dispute you on that...but to reply with something like 'go back into exile'? Like my post title says, I really don't think so...I'm not going to change my words OR my tone, just because I said something you happened not to like
Your forgiven.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies