Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2009, 11:56 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,866,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
^^^ Failure, and it is only 9 months into his Precidency? What would you call Bush's 8 years in office then?
Bush was a failure as well. But Bush isn't the president now, Obama is. And Obama was SUPPOSE to be CHANGE, not more failure. Get it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 11:57 AM

11,289 posts, read 26,213,079 times
I love that people are throwing a fit about Obama leaving Washington DC for 17 hours - which was largely throughout last night.

Do you really think something amazing was going to happen at 3am local time on the East Coast when he was giving his speech in Copenhagen before immediately coming back to the USA?

Old 10-02-2009, 11:57 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
That's just dumb!

And of course, you provide no useful analysis or rebuttal. THAT'S just dumb.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:58 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
That's just dumb!
No kidding....

Old 10-02-2009, 11:58 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,828,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
And the winner is..............RIO!
Like I said earlier, Obama picked Madrid after Chicago failed. So the IOC went opposite.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:00 PM

This has nothing to do with Obama being "defeated". The other heads of state made their pleas as well. Does this mean the leaders of Spain and Japan are defeated?

Within an hour of the decision some IOC delegates already confided that the main reason Chicago lost was because the USA has had such bitterness and anger directed towards it for all the messes the past 8-9 years.

In the end though - I can definitely say that almost everyone I've talked to in Chicago is extremely happy with the decision. Hardly anyone wanted the games here for a LOT of reasons.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:00 PM

9,503 posts, read 9,828,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
LOL...I go on a little self-imposed 'vacation' from here, due to my astronomical stress level, and come back and see---nothing has changed

Okay...now that that's off my chest, time to get to business...I realize of course that the Pres took a HUGE gamble by pushing for Chicago to get the Olympics...for that alone, I'm kinda proud of him...and for those in the cheap seats, that does NOT make me a leftie, an Obamabot, a sheep, a Messiah-worshipper, or any of those other 25-cent snarky labels you like to throw about when someone stands behind the Pres...

But I could give two well-loaded spits in the wind about people who turn over rocks and point fingers and call names, EVERY SINGLE D**N TIME the man does something...I mean, I thought I left that kind of infantile BS behind when I left elementary school, but apparently, some others never progressed beyond 6th grade playground antics...

I'm really sorry if Mr Obama is messing up your monochromatic, plain-vanilla, 'Pleasantville'-version of America, and broke up the 'old-boys club' of the Presidency, but this constant carping and whining every 37.5 seconds is getting old and tiresome and 'expletive deleted' annoying

I mean, it's like those who dislike the President are getting their news and information from their favorite radio station--- WLAB (aka Whine Like A B***h)...they can't put their minds together to come up with alternate solutions to the problems they're ALWAYS complaining about...instead, they stand around screaming and yelling and red-faced, hiding behind blowhard talk-show pundits, making up silly, immature signs full of misspellings and disinformation, and disguise adolescent behavior as 'righteous indignation' and 'we're taking our country back, by golly!'

Well, news flash---it's MY country too...and I don't recall deputizing anyone to 'take it back' on my behalf...in fact, I wish you'd all just go somewhere and, in the words of the late Richard Pryor, 'have a Coke and a smile and shut the **** up!', because your act is not unlike a blabbermouthed relative----loud and annoying and very much a nuisance
Thanks for that...now you can go back in your self-imposed exile.

Old 10-02-2009, 12:01 PM

613 posts, read 1,055,168 times
I agree I am also glad chicago did not get it. We r broke we do not have the money to be building new stadiums. Why did he go there any way we have other problems he should be taken care of then going on another vaca w his wife. bam bam = fail

Old 10-02-2009, 12:02 PM

Can we seriously stop stooping so low as to attack Obama for "fleeing the country" when we're in such crisis.

You do realize he was gone from DC for a matter of hours...mostly during last night.

Do you really think we missed some huge development in our country because he was giving a speech in Europe at 3am local time on the East Coast?

Old 10-02-2009, 12:03 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,850,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
I love that people are throwing a fit about Obama leaving Washington DC for 17 hours - which was largely throughout last night.

Do you really think something amazing was going to happen at 3am local time on the East Coast when he was giving his speech in Copenhagen before immediately coming back to the USA?
How much did we spend to send him and Michelle over there to be told no? How could that money that we spent gone to help the millions of Americans without a job?

Then you add in Afgan

He could have been doing many better things with his time
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies