Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-02-2009, 11:44 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,866,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Yet another failure by our esteemed leader.
Exactly!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 11:46 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,866,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
can our president please get his ass back to DC and make up his mind on Afghanistan instead of straddling the fence and acting like a celebrity while our troops are in harms way in need more support and a decision by the commander in chief???

Maybe he could spend a little bit of time working on the economy too!

So far, his presidency has FAILURE written all over it.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:46 AM

1,477 posts, read 2,198,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
He could have talked to him from the white house. It was a waste do you know how much it cost us for Them to take different planes over there and all that included?

It was a waste. Unemployement is now 9.8 there is many more important things he could have been doing
If he had followed your advice, then you would be complaining that he did not fly there to talk in person. Let's face it. There is no winning with you.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:48 AM

1,990 posts, read 7,635,617 times
^^^ Failure, and it is only 9 months into his Precidency? What would you call Bush's 8 years in office then?

Old 10-02-2009, 11:48 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,682,721 times
Exclamation On the occasion of my 200th C-D Post...

LOL...I go on a little self-imposed 'vacation' from here, due to my astronomical stress level, and come back and see---nothing has changed

Okay...now that that's off my chest, time to get to business...I realize of course that the Pres took a HUGE gamble by pushing for Chicago to get the Olympics...for that alone, I'm kinda proud of him...and for those in the cheap seats, that does NOT make me a leftie, an Obamabot, a sheep, a Messiah-worshipper, or any of those other 25-cent snarky labels you like to throw about when someone stands behind the Pres...

But I could give two well-loaded spits in the wind about people who turn over rocks and point fingers and call names, EVERY SINGLE D**N TIME the man does something...I mean, I thought I left that kind of infantile BS behind when I left elementary school, but apparently, some others never progressed beyond 6th grade playground antics...

I'm really sorry if Mr Obama is messing up your monochromatic, plain-vanilla, 'Pleasantville'-version of America, and broke up the 'old-boys club' of the Presidency, but this constant carping and whining every 37.5 seconds is getting old and tiresome and 'expletive deleted' annoying

I mean, it's like those who dislike the President are getting their news and information from their favorite radio station--- WLAB (aka Whine Like A B***h)...they can't put their minds together to come up with alternate solutions to the problems they're ALWAYS complaining about...instead, they stand around screaming and yelling and red-faced, hiding behind blowhard talk-show pundits, making up silly, immature signs full of misspellings and disinformation, and disguise adolescent behavior as 'righteous indignation' and 'we're taking our country back, by golly!'

Well, news flash---it's MY country too...and I don't recall deputizing anyone to 'take it back' on my behalf...in fact, I wish you'd all just go somewhere and, in the words of the late Richard Pryor, 'have a Coke and a smile and shut the **** up!', because your act is not unlike a blabbermouthed relative----loud and annoying and very much a nuisance

Old 10-02-2009, 11:49 AM

4,792 posts, read 5,904,050 times
If Obama sends more troops, and they die still not having made a dent in this war, who do you blame next ? He's damned if he does, or doesn't send them in the eyes of those who hate him, all around. I am against sending more troops, and so are a lot of other people. Of course certain generals want to keep the war going. The ones who criticise the war are often called "unpatriotic cowards, or Misinformed."

Old 10-02-2009, 11:51 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,756,841 times
Default Why Chicago Not getting the Olympics is Good for the Country

While it may seem that Chicago not getting the Olympics is bad for the country, I would argue just the opposite. The policies of the Obama administration are extremely harmful long-term for our country. This defeat for Obama will ultimately contribute to weakening his administration and therefore reducing his chances of pushing his radical agenda forward and being reelected in 2012. Granted it is a relatively minor defeat in the scheme of things, nonetheless I cheer any thing that slows down Obama's destruction of our country.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:53 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,541,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
While it may seem that Chicago not getting the Olympics is bad for the country, I would argue just the opposite. The policies of the Obama administration are extremely harmful long-term for our country. This defeat for Obama will ultimately contribute to weakening his administration and therefore reducing his chances of pushing his radical agenda forward and being reelected in 2012. Granted it is a relatively minor defeat in the scheme of things, nonetheless I cheer any thing that slows down Obama's destruction of our country.
That's just dumb!

Old 10-02-2009, 11:54 AM

2,039 posts, read 3,280,973 times
Obviously the Olympic Committee is racist and this is the fault of George Bush!

Old 10-02-2009, 11:56 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,507,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkCity0416 View Post
^^^ Failure, and it is only 9 months into his Precidency? What would you call Bush's 8 years in office then?
O has us in more debt in 9 months than Bush did in 8 years. O is Bush times 10.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies