Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2009, 05:22 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You know, ergohead, I really do not appreciate you impugning my motives. I didn't watch the video. I do not have time to watch every youtube video that someone posts here. I've done enough research on vaccines and autism to know the facts. You said "the French don't vaccinate". I provided some links that show they do. Then you fire back that I have a bad motive.

Unless you have done some research, you are taking the word of the guy in the vid that they don't immunize their soldiers and that anthrax vaccine contains thimerosol, WHICH IT DOES NOT!

Vaccine Facts
Please stop distorting and providing biased sources.

YouTube - Part 1: Mercury Toxicity & Autism

Boyd Haley - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2009, 05:28 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
This thread is supposed to be about H1N1 vaccine, not autism allegedly caused by vaccines.

I am free to post any links I wish.

Old 10-07-2009, 05:43 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
[quote=Katiana;11089882] I've done enough research on vaccines and autism to know the facts.
QUOTE]

That's intereststing since the verdict is still out on autism. Lots of disagreement there, as you must know.

However, since you probably know the answer to this, can you explain why the nasal spray (live virus) is being used at all? Since a "live virus vaccine" gives you a "mild form of the flu", thus supposedly building up immunity, what is to prevent those with the mild flu from spreading it to others - especially to those who have health problems, compromised immune systems, pregnant women, etc. Just think of all those kids in day care centers, schools (elementary, middle and high) and college with a "mild case of the flu".

Though I don't always agree with your position, I value your perspective since you are in the nursing field, and look forward to your answer to the above. I can't for the life of me figure out why they would use a live virus with this age group. In fact, it was reported originally that this 'live virus' vaccine would have to be given in two doses. Did they make it more powerful so that one dose suffices?

Old 10-07-2009, 05:59 PM

[quote=southward bound;11090375]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I've done enough research on vaccines and autism to know the facts.
QUOTE]

That's intereststing since the verdict is still out on autism. Lots of disagreement there, as you must know.

However, since you probably know the answer to this, can you explain why the nasal spray (live virus) is being used at all? Since a "live virus vaccine" gives you a "mild form of the flu", thus supposedly building up immunity, what is to prevent those with the mild flu from spreading it to others - especially to those who have health problems, compromised immune systems, pregnant women, etc. Just think of all those kids in day care centers, schools (elementary, middle and high) and college with a "mild case of the flu".

Though I don't always agree with your position, I value your perspective since you are in the nursing field, and look forward to your answer to the above. I can't for the life of me figure out why they would use a live virus with this age group. In fact, it was reported originally that this 'live virus' vaccine would have to be given in two doses. Did they make it more powerful so that one dose suffices?
Re: autism, there have been numerous studies that have shown no relationship between autism and immunization. I have posted links all over this site about it.

Re: the flu mist, it does not give you a "mild case of flu". Again, I have posted links about this on at least one other thread. The live virus has been treated so it does not replicate in the lungs. Transmission of flu from vaccinees to others is in the area of 2% or less. It is important to make sure the recipient is healthy.

As far as the two doses, that is for people under 10, who do not seem to develop a good immunity with one dose. This is the same for the shot, BTW. The research on the vaccine showed that people over 10 develop a good antibody response after one dose.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:05 PM

Thanks, katiana. I know there are many in the medical field who seem to share your view. I also know of those who do not share that view. I would like to err on the side of caution, but don't know which side that is, especially in view of the following, and hearing of pediatricians whose children will not be given the vaccaine, and medical professionals (nurses, etc) who refuse to take the vaccine even at the threat of losing their jobs. That's a strong position to take, to risk losing your job in this economy. They must be convinced of something that they know that some of us don't.

See this:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...n-makes-4.html

Old 10-07-2009, 06:10 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times
As I recall my Federal Employment with the VA the Unions have challenged this and lost.
Immunization is a Term of Employment, they are free to resign.
Sounds like Regan and the Air Controllers

Old 10-07-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
As I recall my Federal Employment with the VA the Unions have challenged this and lost.
Immunization is a Term of Employment, they are free to resign.
Sounds like Regan and the Air Controllers
As I recall, the air controllers, en masse, did not report for work.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:49 PM

You're welcome, southward bound, and thanks for the kind words. In regards to hospital nurses risking their jobs: I'll probably get into a heap of trouble for saying this, but hospital nurses tend to be very reactionary about immunizations.

You can always find a doctor who will support your views, too.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:21 AM

484 posts, read 1,216,952 times
I'm not for or against immunizations per se but....

It seems like as we develop more and more vaccines and medicines, the sicker we become as a society.

Just in the recent past, we've had to worry about swine flu, bird flu, mad cow, west nile, dog poo, and a host of other things.

Won't H1N1 just mutate into H2N2 someday anyway? Does a reasonably health person really have anything to worry about?

Last edited by enigmaingr; 10-08-2009 at 10:44 AM..

Old 10-08-2009, 09:26 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,870,208 times
People should realise almost everything the fedgov. does is about control...

Of course I am a proud tinfoil hat wearer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies