Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama himself shocked by the decision?
Yes, Obama himself was bewildered and wondered what drugs the committee is on 165 70.21%
No, Obama felt fully deserving of the award. Whether the award would come was never in question. 70 29.79%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 06:55 AM

956 posts, read 1,237,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post

Proclaiming that he won it for nothing is WHINING.

I don't expect you to read all 1600 posts but the rightists here are WHINING because Obama won it.....the lefties are happy....
Actually no. It's not called "whining" when something is true. Reasonable Democrats see that. I'd even go so far as to say that even Barack Obama knows he has not yet earned this award. He even said that during his acceptance speech.

I would agree that the FAR lefties are happy absolutely. The FAR lefties are happy whenever anything puts Obama in a good light, true or not. But any thinking Democrat recognizes that this prize is premature.

That's all I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
You are correct. There are numerous comments and articles from the Left who agree that he has done nothing to deserve the award. They also realize this "honor" from the Nobel committee does nothing for him, in fact, it hurts him. The initial reaction of people from around the world was; What for? That is not something the WH wants people to be thinking about; just how little he has accomplished and the little he has, has been a complete failure.
Exactly right! And even though I admit I did not read all the posts on this thread, I have a feeling you might have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
He will always be the 44th POTUS with a Nobel Prize and two best-sellers...
the right is so resentful and envious that it truly does make a person smile!
Yep...he still has it.
Do you honestly believe that those of us on the right are so small minded that we would not give credit where credit is due?

I neither resent nor envy what others have ... never have, never will. I'm proud of my own accomplishments and I'm thrilled to applaud other's accomplishments. So good for Obama for his best sellers, but the Nobel Peace Prize does not qualify.

When one has the ability to recognize inequities no matter which side they may occur, one can enjoy far more credibility when arguing other points. Think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 08:51 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,188,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
Actually no. It's not called "whining" when something is true. Reasonable Democrats see that. I'd even go so far as to say that even Barack Obama knows he has not yet earned this award. He even said that during his acceptance speech.

I would agree that the FAR lefties are happy absolutely. The FAR lefties are happy whenever anything puts Obama in a good light, true or not. But any thinking Democrat recognizes that this prize is premature.

That's all I'm saying

Exactly right! And even though I admit I did not read all the posts on this thread, I have a feeling you might have!

Do you honestly believe that those of us on the right are so small minded that we would not give credit where credit is due?""""

A definite Y E S !!! And are you speaking for ALL on the right? One mustn't do that, one must speak for one's self.

""""I neither resent nor envy what others have ... never have, never will. I'm proud of my own accomplishments and I'm thrilled to applaud other's accomplishments. So good for Obama for his best sellers, but the Nobel Peace Prize does not qualify.

When one has the ability to recognize inequities no matter which side they may occur, one can enjoy far more credibility when arguing other points. Think about it.
When one has the ability to realize everyone is entitled to their own opinion, one can enjoy far more credibility when arguing other points.
One either realizes the Nobel judges make their own rules which are not anyone else's, or one doesn't, does one?

Old 10-21-2009, 11:40 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,025,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
When one has the ability to realize everyone is entitled to their own opinion, one can enjoy far more credibility when arguing other points.
One either realizes the Nobel judges make their own rules which are not anyone else's, or one doesn't, does one?
It puzzles me that some people don't seem to comprehend that the Nobel
Prizes aren't an American popularity contest. The judges have given their
explanation and the majority of the world accepts it...'nuff said. Only the most bitter partisans would continue the disrespectful and ill-conceived
complaints.

Old 10-21-2009, 11:57 AM

41,325 posts, read 45,025,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
I'd say the work he's done with Dick Lugar on nuclear proliferation is a darn good start.

Obama̢۪s Ties to Lugar Give Republican Support on Foreign Policy - Bloomberg.com
Eh....what work? That link is old. Is that the only one you could find as you scoured the net?

Quote:
The judges have given their
explanation and the majority of the world accepts it...'nuff said.
Oh, the world certainly did not; the universal reaction WTF For?

Very rarely do the judges comment on the decision and it is unheard of that they have to defend that decision, as they had to do with obama. And then they started stabbing each other in the back.

It's not just a national joke, but a worldwide one.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:11 PM

1,936 posts, read 1,829,285 times
If the haters in the USA would shut up, the committee would not make any comments. It's a national joke and not a universal one as many other countries respect the our president.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freemore View Post
If the haters in the USA would shut up, the committee would not make any comments. It's a national joke and not a universal one as many other countries respect the our president.
Indeed. It seems like The Dumbing Down of America worked.

Transatlantic Trends survey: Europeans approve of Obama

Old 10-21-2009, 02:45 PM

99 posts, read 163,573 times
http://i994.photobucket.com/albums/af61/mogklav2/1255294456601.png (broken link)

Old 10-21-2009, 05:05 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,497,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMolly View Post
Do you honestly believe that those of us on the right are so small minded that we would not give credit where credit is due?

I neither resent nor envy what others have ... never have, never will. I'm proud of my own accomplishments and I'm thrilled to applaud other's accomplishments. So good for Obama for his best sellers, but the Nobel Peace Prize does not qualify.

Actually, this has absolutely nothing to do with Obama, other than he is the recipient of the award. How can someone be blamed when others foist an unsolicited award on them? This speaks volumes for the moronic liberal fools on the Nobel committee who nominated Obama after he was in office for less than two weeks. It clearly demonstrates that the award itself is purely political and has no meaning whatsoever, except to the liberal and terrorist recipients and their fanatical followers of course.

As you said, even Obama recognizes that he did nothing to earn the award, so it clearly cannot be considered prestigious. Obama was obviously embarrassed by the award, and I do not blame him.

Old 10-21-2009, 05:16 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,188,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Actually, this has absolutely nothing to do with Obama, other than he is the recipient of the award. How can someone be blamed when others foist an unsolicited award on them? This speaks volumes for the moronic liberal fools on the Nobel committee who nominated Obama after he was in office for less than two weeks. It clearly demonstrates that the award itself is purely political and has no meaning whatsoever, except to the liberal and terrorist recipients and their fanatical followers of course.

As you said, even Obama recognizes that he did nothing to earn the award, so it clearly cannot be considered prestigious. Obama was obviously embarrassed by the award, and I do not blame him.
Why do you equate winning a Nobel prize with how long Obama has been in office?

Since THAT makes NO sense whatsoever.....the rest of your post..???...

Old 10-21-2009, 06:47 PM

People are honored to receive a Nobel Prize, in any category...the NPC doesn't need to "foist" them on anyone. President Obama was humbled by the honor...not quite the same as being embarrassed. He's
handled the situation with humility and grace...perfectly, in short.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies