Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 11:32 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingStar View Post
"Diversity" involves replacing your own point-of-view with that of others.
Run... they're coming to get you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 11:52 AM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
The city I live in is about 92% white, but the predominant cultures are Irish, Italian, German, Polish, Welsh, Russian, Ukrainian, etc. All very different and makes for a much more diverse population that some inner cities where you barely see anyone that isn't black. Yet the almost entirely black inner city neighborhoods are considered "diverse."
Yet we never hear about bring Swedes and Irish into the inner city to increase the diversity! Why is that?

Old 10-14-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
May, if for no other reason than to prove we have actually evolved into a higher form of life.
Casper
I dont understand.

Old 10-14-2009, 12:01 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,822,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Yet we never hear about bring Swedes and Irish into the inner city to increase the diversity! Why is that?
Actually, Swedes and the Irish do consider themselves diverse. I do too. In fact, I hung out with a few Romanians, a Greek, an Irish and a Briton on Sunday. Would you consider that a diverse group?

May be, you should also define "diversity" while at it, and diversity from what it is that prompted you to create this thread.

Old 10-14-2009, 12:10 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I dont understand.
I doubt several people here do. If we were half as "evolved" as a species as we often claim we would have zero problem with the minor differences between all of us. We are diverse species, yet some seem to think that is somehow a bad thing or that some are somehow superior to others. there seem to be plenty of room for more growth for mankind, that is if he does not kill himself off first.
Casper

Old 10-14-2009, 12:17 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Actually, Swedes and the Irish do consider themselves diverse. I do too. In fact, I hung out with a few Romanians, a Greek, an Irish and a Briton on Sunday. Would you consider that a diverse group?

May be, you should also define "diversity" while at it, and diversity from what it is that prompted you to create this thread.
I would like to know what the OP means by diversity too. My extended family is very diverse even though most of us are black. Some of us are Christian, some are Muslim, some of us are white collar, others are blue collar, some are republicans, some are democrats the list goes on.

Old 10-14-2009, 12:33 PM

871 posts, read 1,631,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingStar
Interracial marriage actually destroys diversity. The children of these marriages are less diverse then their parents were. Since most mixed-race kids are identified with the lower caste, the higher caste (Whites) has its population levels reduced and that reduces the very diversity we are supposed to cherish. I think blue-eyed and/or redhead people will eventually become extinct, they are in decline, and I hope the divericrats are happy they helped destroy diversity.

Originally Posted by DancingStar
Dude!!! High Five!! Even the most diverse white people, those with red hair or blue eyes or blonde hair aren't considered diverse, and they are probably the biggest minority group on Earth and declining.

On a side note, I am always fascinated by the diversity of White people, they are the only ones that can have blonde, red, or brown hair, and blue, brown or green eyes. They truly are the world's most diverse people.

I thought you were "trying" to sound smart. That's the problem with people like you, you can't see anything beyond yourself. Everything is some vague mass of "other." Since asian/white mixes usually identify with their white side more than the asian, the lower case must be white according to your (pseudo) logic.

Having diversity of "colors" does not equal "most diverse people" as you are insinuating. the colors are physical. when i'm in a room full of whites with brown, blonde, blue, hazel, red etc "diversity" is not what i sense, i sense they are alike more than anything. the "vibes" especially are the same. how many whites are blonde/blue eyed or brown/hazel etc ad infinitum and repeat. it's too trivial to make any difference as who you like or find unique has more to do with the person, not the color of thier eyes or hair. it's an aside or peripheral aspect.

diversity is deeper than just superficial colors like easter eggs. not that isn't amusing or novel in it's own way but it wears off after awhile. again, because it's superficial and it repeats. so even if there are different colors, there are many who look just like that.

there is diversity all over the world on every continent, every culture, every people's, in it's own way with many different textures. just because you can't notice it, doesn't mean it isn't there since you have a rather clinical, one-dimensional and dry mentality. lol

Old 10-14-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post

you are not reading very carefully before posting. I am sure swedes and irish consider themselves diverse, but do those who promote diversity? I cannot define that which I do not necessarily prescribe to. I posted what prompted me to start this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies