Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 11:28 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,811,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingStar View Post
I feel sorry for you, because you just don't get it. You must not have children and/or you must not be White. Do you hate Whites? These people want to send their kids to schools that THEY LIKE with good educational environments and with the culture like their own. Now, Einstein, unless you are some bizarre anti-White racist and bigot, why would you expect these parents to DO ANYTHING LESS for their own offspring? No intelligent parent would do otherwise.
It took only a couple of posts for me to figure out the quality of (or lack of) debate I could expect from you. In fact, it was just the second of your posts in these forums. And this response simply continues the trend.

Having said that, what is this "culture" you speak of? May be the parents (anybody who is endorsing this idiotic idea) should not only consider private school but also move out of the neighborhood.

Does this make me "anti-white"? Only in your planet. To me white is just another color. May be it is beyond your abilities to comprehend it as such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 11:28 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,051,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOPATTA2D View Post
The American educational system is pure communism. I'll concede to German healthcare if you give us their educational system. Students test into high school. If they can't cut it, they are pushed to a vocational track. It works for dozens of other countries.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
DEAL!

Being pushed into a BMW training school or being pushed into a bank as a new accounts officer is something exactly the kind of education that I am for and what I truly believe high school students want.

So you've got my backing.
I love the idea as well however the teachers unions will never accept this rational line of thought.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingStar View Post
Why does CD attract so many ignorant bigots and anti-White racists?
Time to go back to the cave you came from.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:31 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,153,975 times
The OP has been posting anti-Dallas threads on here for a long time -- THIS STORY IS YEARS AGO. It was at one school and there have been firings, lawsuits etc ever since the news 'broke'.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:45 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,038,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
I love the idea as well however the teachers unions will never accept this rational line of thought.
I doubt it. If there is one group of people who know that every kid doesn't need to go to college its the teachers. And, there in lies the problem, the entire system is geared towards sending kids to college, the underlying mythology is that jobs increasingly require a college education, which I would argue is non-sense.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:51 AM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,715 times
Teachers usually know by middle school which of their students have the ability to really go further. It is a waste of resources to try and get every kid to college when they have no desire or lack the ability to do so. Communism makes everyone equal. In the case of our educational system it pushes everyone down to the lowest common denominator.

Old 10-14-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Teachers usually know by middle school which of their students have the ability to really go further. It is a waste of resources to try and get every kid to college when they have no desire or lack the ability to do so. Communism makes everyone equal. In the case of our educational system it pushes everyone down to the lowest common denominator.
Why do you think it is okay to be considered an inferior person? And that you don't deserve to be treated equal to everybody else?

Old 10-14-2009, 12:08 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,958,852 times
Quote:
This is easily one of the most racist posts I have ever seen on the forum.
Glad you agree because almost every single word was taken from white supremist websites, youtube videos, and the History Channel !!!

So now that we agree that it is racist, let's hear your moral outrage against the people who instituted a "seperate but equal " institution of education in the state of Texas.

Also if supposedly educated, moral, intelligent people agreed to this whole set up, how far from the remarks I made earlier, can they be in their mindset!!

Old 10-14-2009, 12:22 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,038,764 times
Quote:
Quite the contrary, in the former Soviet bloc countries educational opportunity was highly selective, students who weren't perceived as being gifted at an early age were tracked into vocational schools or more menial labors.

Old 10-14-2009, 12:41 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,308,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Quite the contrary, in the former Soviet bloc countries educational opportunity was highly selective, students who weren't perceived as being gifted at an early age were tracked into vocational schools or more menial labors.

We agree here. Even the communists know a bad thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies