Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should marijuana be legalized?
Yes 104 89.66%
No 12 10.34%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 11:50 AM

2,420 posts, read 4,713,723 times

Advertisements

The stupidy and sheer ignorance displayed on this forum makes my blood boil sometimes. If anybody truly believes in the criminalization of a nontoxic plant (or anything else free-thinking humans might choose to put in their bodies for that matter), I invite you to move to fascist Iran.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2009, 01:35 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Um, those people also had milk, wheat, rice, water, alcohol, caffiene, sugar and plenty of other consumables before trying stronger drugs. Who is to say that pot was any more of a connection to their future hard drug use than the others? It's not like every pot user moves onto cocaine, so it's not any more of a stretch to connect water consumption to cocaine use as it is to connect pot to it.
Why don't you just accept the fact that many, many people who ended up as drug addicts (and in some cases died because of it) started with marijuana?

Your post is beyond silly, trying to equate milk, wheat, rice, water, etc to marijuana!

Old 10-26-2009, 01:37 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepsinc View Post
The stupidy and sheer ignorance displayed on this forum makes my blood boil sometimes. If anybody truly believes in the criminalization of a nontoxic plant (or anything else free-thinking humans might choose to put in their bodies for that matter), I invite you to move to fascist Iran.
What I find stupid and ignorant is that some people actually think that introducing another problem to society (marijuana) would be "good."

Old 10-26-2009, 01:40 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,635,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Why don't you just accept the fact that many, many people who ended up as drug addicts (and in some cases died because of it) started with marijuana?

Your post is beyond silly, trying to equate milk, wheat, rice, water, etc to marijuana!
Those people were more likely to do other drugs in the first place. I don't know a single person who went on from pot to hard drugs without having insecurity or 'mental' issues beforehand. I know plenty of people who smoke weed regularly who would NEVER EVER in a million years try other drugs.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:42 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,569,354 times
Quote:

Fine. And many many many people who smoke pot never go beyond that.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:22 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,396,474 times
Quote:
What I find stupid and ignorant is that some people actually think that introducing another problem to society (marijuana) would be "good."
I suppose repealing prohibition was a bad idea then huh?

Old 10-26-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I suppose repealing prohibition was a bad idea then huh?

Of course it was. These people can't function unless they're controlling other peoples' lives and bodies.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:31 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,571,410 times
Quote:

I can accept the fact that many many people who ended up as drug addicts started with marijuana as long as those who make that argument can accept the fact that many pedophiles started by having sex with adults.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:31 PM

Here's a "controversial belief": The mentality that dictates what other people can and can't do with their own bodies should be wiped from the face of the Earth, by any means necessary. Let me repeat: wiped from the face of the Earth. By any means necessary. Put that in your pipes and smoke it, rubes.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:10 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,350,648 times
Quote:

Not any more silly than your trying to equate marijuana use to cocaine use. In fact, I guarantee that more cocaine users did all of those things than smoked marijuana. So how is it any worse than the MORONIC gateway theory?

I'm just responding to your illogical suggestion that marijuana leads to anything other than an increased appetite and sense of humor.

You can also say that all murders are committed by people with X chromosomes, so the X chromosome leads to murder. It's just as much of a leap in logic as saying that smoking pot somehow leads to cocaine (or other drug) use. In fact, more Heroin addicts start because of an addiction to Rx drugs like Oxycontin and Morphine after becoming addicted LEGALLY to the effects of those drugs which are given to them by doctors and medical staff.

Diacetylmorphine (better known as heroin) was synthesized from morphine in 1874 and brought to market by Bayer in 1898.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies