Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-25-2009, 04:17 PM

737 posts, read 1,177,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
I guess now your trying change the discussion to the worthiness of the cause.
Thanks again
Changing the discussion? We've been talking about the free health care clinics for the past few posts

Unlike you, I am perfectly content with Fox News (MSNBC or CNN) raising money for free health care clinics. If you disagree that is cool, you have every right to be against free clinics

Needless to say, sending people like Sean Hannity to "cover" Tea Day protests isn't in the same realm of having Keith Olbermann ask his viewers to contribute money for free health care clinics
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 04:20 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,317,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPerson09 View Post
Changing the discussion? We've been talking about the free health care clinics for the past few posts

Unlike you, I am perfectly content with Fox News (MSNBC or CNN) raising money for free health care clinics. If you disagree that is cool, you have every right to be against free clinics
Needless to say, sending people like Sean Hannity to "cover" Tea Day protests isn't in the same realm of having Keith Olbermann ask his viewers to contribute money for free health care clinics
Quote:
There is nothing wrong with free clinics
It's Olberman Maddow and MSNBC opening them to apply pressure to forward an agenda. They say as much in their own words.
Thank you again for illustrating the hypocrisy of two media outlets doing the same thing, but only being OK with the one doing it whose agenda you agree with.
Try and follow along.
Thanks again

Old 10-25-2009, 04:24 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Mediamatters is a far-left wacko site, which has been proven wrong before. Yeah, they post videos which have been edited!

But how would someone who gets his jollies typing "faux" over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over understand that?
How can someone that relies on and sings the praises of a media outlet that has proven to be biased and not a legit journalistic outlet that provides balanced coverage, ever understand what real news is? Are you allergic to bona fide news?. What other outlets do you rely on for genuine journalism? What newspaper or publications do you read? Will you answer as Sarah palin did and exclaim...."all of 'em!"?

Old 10-25-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Try and follow along.
Thanks again
If you're unwilling to have a discussion about news outlets raising money for free clinics then stop posting. If you want to have a discussion then do it.

You have still yet to respond to the differences of raising money for free clinics versus sending right wing commentators to cover the conservative tea bagger protests. Time for the back pedal!

Thanks for trying and thanks for failing

Old 10-25-2009, 04:31 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,317,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityPerson09 View Post
If you're unwilling to have a discussion about news outlets raising money for free clinics then stop posting. If you want to have a discussion then do it.

You have still yet to respond to the differences of raising money for free clinics versus sending right wing commentators to cover the conservative tea bagger protests. Time for the back pedal!

Start a new thread on it, maybe I'll join and own you like I did on this one, but for now, this thread is titled "Why Fox News isn't news"
Thanks again

Old 10-25-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Start a new thread on it, maybe I'll join and own you like I did on this one, but for now, this thread is titled "Why Fox News isn't news"
Thanks again
A new thread when the discussion of Fox News sending right wing conservatives to tea bagger parties versus MSNBC raising money for free clinics is on this thread? Its ok if you are incapable of having that discussion because the facts are antithetical to your opinion

Pot Kettle Black
Time for you to start peddling back

Old 10-25-2009, 05:24 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
When you learn that Rachel Maddow works for MSNBC and NOT CNN then maybe you'll have some credibility when you post.

Until then ya got nothing..............
LOL!!! CNN, MSNBC, is there a difference? Throw in CBS, NBC, ABC. All the same.

It's really funny to hear clips from the different channels and their various "reporters" or "anchors"; their comments are often word for word identical! What a laugh. Now, you tell me who's "entertainment" and not news? The rest are the clowns. They don't even practice journalism anymore. I doubt they even know what it is.

Old 10-25-2009, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Uhhhh, Rachel Maddow is NOT on CNN.
It doesn't really matter. They're all the same.

Old 10-25-2009, 05:40 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
LOL!!! CNN, MSNBC, is there a difference? Throw in CBS, NBC, ABC. All the same.

It's really funny to hear clips from the different channels and their various "reporters" or "anchors"; their comments are often word for word identical! What a laugh. Now, you tell me who's "entertainment" and not news? The rest are the clowns. They don't even practice journalism anymore. I doubt they even know what it is.
-Drudge is good to scan over headlines and it has links to lots more.
-Financial Times is excellent in their foreign and business news.
I learn more about the doings in the US through that site.
Don't watch TV at all..got rid of cable 6 months ago

Old 10-25-2009, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
The point is there is nothing wrong with a news organization being biased in reporting the news, and editorializing from a left or right perspective.

Where FOX crosses the line is that they have gone from being a reporter of news to a maker of news.
Care to explain that? Sounds a little like your accusing them of what Dan Rather did to Bush. I know they don't make up stories.

Quote:
They are not just reporting on protests, they are involved in actively sponsoring protests.
Got any documentation of this? To the best of my knowledge (and I have been following this movement since last winter, Fox, nor anyone involved in Fox has organized even ONE protest.

Because someone at Fox talks about it, doesn't make them an "organizer". These were all independently organized by groups across America.

If you have proof that Fox was involved in any of them, post it. Since you didn't, I don't think you have any.

Nice try. I don't buy it, and your credibility just took a dive.

Quote:
They employ professional protesters who bash Dems 24/7. (Hannity, O'Reilly, Beck, etc) These same "protestors" defended Bush 24/7 when he was still around.
Again. Proof? The only people I know of that employed "professional protestors" was ACORN when they took people into the neighborhoods of executives from Wall Street firms. Where is you proof? I don't think you have any.

Quote:
What they call the "news portion" merely takes these talking points from their professional protestors and they use it to frame the reporting and discussions for the day.

It's all right wing Bull****.
Oh, you mean like Daily Kos, and all the other left wing so-called "news" blogs, and the so-called "mainstream" press who, apparently, don't have a "point of view"? Right. Do you think we're stupid? CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS NBC. They all get the Democrat talking points. And there is proof of this out there.

Quote:
The evidence is overwelming.
If it's so overwhelming; where is it? Post it!

Quote:
We have videos of their "reporters" whipping up the crowd at tea bag parties.
Oh, yeah? I'd love to see those. Like the video of the CNN chick (I thing she was from CNN) that later got fired, who "reported" from Austin, TX? You mean videos like that? Of course she didnt' have a "point of view". She was only "reporting". Un huh.

Quote:
We have actual memos of them distrubiting GOP talking points.
Really? Post some. I notice you keep saying "we". You are one of these groups, aren't you?
Quote:
We have hard data that they invite pro GOP guests on to comment at a huge frequency more than pro Dem guests (No matter what party is in control of Government)
Post it! Why are you hiding it?

Quote:
The FOX employess are now making the news by attacking Obama's so called "Czars"....LOL
And why shouldn't they? Why aren't you?

Quote:
If Dems had a spine, FOX "news" would be kicked out of the WH all together and rightly so.
That sounds very "American" and pro "free speech". Doesn't it?

Are you an American? I'm not sure. You sound like you are very much against America and freedom. You do not seem to like that others have the liberty to voice their opinion.

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 10-25-2009 at 06:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies