Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2009, 04:31 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,551,648 times

Advertisements

Laura Ingraham On ABC This Week Slams Abc's Charles Gibson

"I might not be invited back George, but when Charles Gibson didn't know what the ACORN story was all about, that was a collective gasp you heard across the United States"

Video via breitbart.tv
George Will: "No President in the history of this Republican has less reason to complain about his treatment of the press than Barack Obama...Out here is this one channel Fox, and they're all up in arms because in the words of Ms. Dunn of the White House 'it is opinion journalism masquerading as news' which some of us would say describes the NYTimes and certainly MSNBC...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 04:54 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,487,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Because he is an anti-Bush leftist, Rather went ahead and reported the story without having it verified first.
Bush's "dismal" service? He received an honorable discharge with the rank of Lt. He made up for any time missed.
A lot better than Bill Clinton's military record... oh, wait. I almost forgot- Bill Clinton was a draft-dodger!
Anyone who had actually followed the story would know that the documents were sent for analysis and verification before any story went on the air. Such people would also know that nothing contained in those documents was ever disputed. The documents were dismissed only because a credible link between those copies and original copies could not be establoshed. The woman who would have typed the original copies testified that everything in Rather's copies was accurate. She was only certain that she herself had not typed them.

Given the dismal level of service that George W. Bush has provided in every other professional undertaking, it is hardly any stretch to suggest that his ANG servoce was also dismal.

There was nothing dishonorable about being a draft-resister or an opponent of the Vietnam war. Many of today's anti-Obama whackjobs go a good deal further toward disgrace and dishonor than the he!!-no-we-won't-go crowd of the 1960's. Then of course, there were the chicken-hawks. We know who some of those were. You want dishonor, there's a good place to start...

Old 10-27-2009, 05:00 AM

206 posts, read 195,994 times
Fox News can be called 'News' but it is News that is highly biased and a political arm of the extreme far right and the views of its owner. Fox News long ago crossed the line into the nether world of being a ultra conservative arm and media 'operation' of the republican party.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
"I might not be invited back George, but when Charles Gibson didn't know what the ACORN story was all about, that was a collective gasp you heard across the United States"
Yeah, you' think that at some point, some staffer would have let him know that the ACORN story is this giant right-wing smear and bag of fluff that a lot of pretty dumb people out there have bought into. Sort of like WMD, only even more ridiculous. Gibson really should have known that. I don't really know how anyone could have missed it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
"No President in the history of this Republican has less reason to complain about his treatment of the press than Barack Obama...Out here is this one channel Fox, and they're all up in arms because in the words of Ms. Dunn of the White House 'it is opinion journalism masquerading as news' which some of us would say describes the NYTimes and certainly MSNBC...
Hmmm. FOX is rapidly becoming not just a shameful and completely unprincipled propaganda outlet, but the US equivalent of RCTV in Venezuela. Backed by hard right-wing corporate money, RCTV in 2002 tried to overthrow the freely and fairly elected goverment of that country. FOX appears to have itself headed in that same sort of direction.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:44 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,480,300 times
Meanwhile back on the ranch Harry Reid is dictating policy himself. What a lonely world it must be for that elitist...

Okay resume the meaningless attacks on a television show because it's s important... I mean it's not like you can change the channel or anything. Last I looked when I had basic cable I had 74 other channels..

Old 10-27-2009, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Meanwhile back on the ranch Harry Reid is dictating policy himself. What a lonely world it must be for that elitist...
You mean they're not going to vote on any of this? Wow...

Old 10-27-2009, 07:26 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Changing the subject, I see.

I don't have Obama Derangement Syndrome. I have criticized him, that's true, but I have also criticized Bush.
No one's changing the subject here.

I just see that you don't like it when people tell the truth about what Fox News is really about.

By the way, you are the one who diagnosed me with "Fox News Derangement Syndrome" when I criticized them, so I guess it goes both ways.

Old 10-27-2009, 07:51 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,786,668 times
This whole situation is soooo amazingly funny!

The left can spew virulent lies and filth directed at the GOP, Rush, The Bushes all day long and it's kewl...

But dare anyone complain about B. Hussein Obama....his corrupt Chicago-political-machine way of doing "business".... dare anyone complain about the sycophantic, slobbering, ****-sucking, tingly leg BHO support network (poorly disguised as "news")....

...well that just has to stop.......tar and feather those people......those people have to go.....

What a simply pathetic whiny metro-sexual mentally enslaved group of sheep those on the left are.....Poor fools....They dish it out but cry "foul" when it's their turn to take it....

What a bunch of babies....

Old 10-27-2009, 08:14 AM

921 posts, read 1,132,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
It's a good tactic for leftist fanatics to try to tell people the Fox isn't a news channel.

That way they can get people discussing whether Fox is a news channel, and avoid discussing the faults Fox keeps finding with Obama and the legislation his administration keeps churning out.

Considering that the leftists generally can't refute the facts Fox keeps pointing out, what better tactic could they come up with, than to change the subject under discussion?

Well I wonder why "Fox News" wasn't as critical & harsh towards George Bush during his eight years of lying, cheating, & deceiving America?

Old 10-27-2009, 09:18 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times
Rachel Maddow doesn't report real news either. But unlike Fox News, her ratings at MSNBC keep sinking.

Here are the sad specifics:
Rachel Maddow’s Worst Ratings Week. Ever. | I Hate the Media - Fun with Liberal Media Bias

"For the first time ever, she went through an entire week without attracting a million viewers on any night. That’s barely more than Bill O’Reilly nets in a single night."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies