Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 04:09 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,194,965 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
I dont see that the NAACP or anyone else said it was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 04:13 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,039,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecvMatt View Post
Some body needs to tell him, shut up, Shut up, SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT UP, SHUT the heck UP!!! This is asinine, there seems to be zero racial motivation behind this, why do the whiners have to ruin all the fun all the time?
cause they are angry and miserable and want everybody else to be too.maybe if they had a life they would stay out of everyone elses. people who are offended by such silly things offend me

Old 10-30-2009, 04:24 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,699,815 times
Quote:
Why is it automatically assumed the Dummy in the tree is supposed to be a black person?
I assumed the dummy was supposed to be a gay guy. Guess we all see what we want to see. (Just kidding, of course.)

Old 10-30-2009, 04:26 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,787,110 times
Personally, I say keep it up. It's Halloween for goodness sakes. Any other week of the year, it would be offensive and should be taken down. But it's halloween and it cannot be proved to be racially motivated.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:29 PM

7,006 posts, read 7,001,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Can you quote from the article in which someone indicates that ''the Dummy in the tree is supposed to be a black person''? If you can I'll certainly apologize because I dont see it in there.
ROTFL. It's pretty obvious that if the NAACP didn't assume the dummy in the tree was black, they wouldn't be so offended by it.

Old 10-30-2009, 04:29 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,353,116 times
Quote:
The only black person I can think of with a head that looked like that was (Simon Phoenix from Demolition Man)

This is a case of PCness gone too far. Sometimes a man being hung in a park on Halloween is simply about a Halloween celebration. if this happened in March, it'd be a different story, but if there's nothing indicating that it's supposed to represent a lynching of a black man, it probably is just an innocent attempt to make the park seem scary for Halloween.

Frederick is not known for being a racist town, so it would seem unlikely that this had anything to do with racism.

And those of you who know me here on C-D know that I'm not shy about calling out people for racism!

Old 10-30-2009, 04:32 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,039,968 times
geeze 3 dummies in a tree attracts more dummies on the ground. they are not lynched not even ropes on thier necks. hope no innocent kids go to the ground dummies homes. could get bad

Old 10-30-2009, 04:33 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,837,161 times
first of all where is this @
second of all the last lynching probably toook plakce in the late 60's or early 70's.
three: strange fruit will forever be seen as a symbol of blACKS hanging from trees at the hands of southern conservatives by american blacks and you wouldnt understand if your not.
four: hallween yu can get away with alot of **** because of the simple fact that its halloween.
five: who says it has to have a face? the dummy itself can be a symbolic of hanging blacks.

Quote:
Why is it automatically assumed the Dummy in the tree is supposed to be a black person?
this is the US and the mst prominent people hanged were blacks

Thomas Shipp and Abram Smith, lynched in Marion, IN

Old 10-30-2009, 04:35 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,837,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Now if they string the dummy up with blinking lights at Christmas than I would agree its in poor taste.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:00 PM

873 posts, read 1,806,149 times
Yeah, the NAACP is ALWAYS concerned with the rights of whites! Not...they don't care about anything but trying to stir up something so that they can file some suit somewhere to "advance colored people".

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I dont see that the NAACP or anyone else said it was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies