Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 11:59 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,532,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm going to stop responding to you until you take your medication.
You're really that concerned about my smoking habit? Wow. That's tough love. Okay, I'll take a pill. Happy?
Quote:
Your "sarcasm" isnt really "sarcasm" its more of an effort to just post nothing and then argue with yourself..
No. It's a response to a "nothing" post.

Quote:
yeah, I got your link, and you continue to be wrong. Linking to postings where you were wrong before, doesnt make it correct by repeating it..
I'm wrong because you say so? Good argument. That's why I'm being sarcastic. Thanks for your concern for my lungs, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 12:01 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Nothing. They just make it worse.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:03 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
I'm getting welfare checks? They must have the wrong address. Damn post office!

And her granddaughter speaks for all homebuyers? Think, indeed.

Not yet. It's only 10 am out west.

Yeah, I was talking to someone at Wal-Mart the other day. She said she prefers driving down to Mexico to buy diapers, but until she can get down there to buy a car, she'll continue shopping at wal-Mart because it's not 1000 miles away. How would she fill her tank, anyway? I don't think even the most economical car can make it from Reno to Mexico on a tank of gas.

Tax credits directed at producers create jobs in MEXICO, because there is no control as to where its invested.
Stop twisting words around. I never said or indicated my granddaughter was speaking for all first time buyers, she just thinks it is money that could be used for other things..She happens to feel, when someone is ready to be a home owner and can afford a home, that is when you buy, not because our govenment is handing out money to encourage home buying. I wonder how many, at her age, ever thinks about things like this? Most don't even vote. But that is another story.

Nita

Oh and Laura, we can work together in the park or public garden, then when we can't bend over anymore we can go to the doctors together, you know as a group. Isn't that suposed to be cheaper...LOL

Old 11-01-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Stop twisting words around. I never said or indicated my granddaughter was speaking for all first time buyers, she just thinks it is money that could be used for other things.
Yes, that's the idea. The $8000 can be used for other things. Clothing, food, car repairs. She may save the money, use it to pay down debt, or invest in gold, but there's a good chance she'll spend the money, thus causing a stimulative effect.
Quote:
.She happens to feel, when someone is ready to be a home owner and can afford a home, that is when you buy, not because our govenment is handing out money to encourage home buying. I wonder how many, at her age, ever thinks about things like this? Most don't even vote. But that is another story.
$8000 isn't going to make or break a home buying decision. It's an incentive.

Old 11-01-2009, 12:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Yes, that's the idea. The $8000 can be used for other things. Clothing, food, car repairs. She may save the money, use it to pay down debt, or invest in gold, but there's a good chance she'll spend the money, thus causing a stimulative effect.
Given that argument, the $8,000 can be used to buy lots of Chinese made tv's, mexican dvd players, or even more Thailand made printers.. Sure, lots of stimulus going on in america. Ooh you have to take that $8,000 from someone else who would have had an american job if the money was stimulating the right area. Dont want to ignore that though...

Old 11-01-2009, 01:02 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
I have a home in Pittsburgh, they have LOTS of bridges closed because they dont have the money to fix them.
Better closed than having amatuers take a whack at them and re-open them. It would cost alot more to process all the lawsuits.

With that in mind, can one remind me again why we are spending trillions on additional social programs while our infrastructure, vital to interstate commerce, erodes?

Old 11-01-2009, 01:07 PM

17,402 posts, read 16,547,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Better closed than having amatuers take a whack at them and re-open them. It would cost alot more to process all the lawsuits.

With that in mind, can one remind me again why we are spending trillions on additional social programs while our infrastructure, vital to interstate commerce, erodes?
Because boring things like shoring up bridges and road repair aren't flashy enough?

Old 11-01-2009, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Given that argument, the $8,000 can be used to buy lots of Chinese made tv's, mexican dvd players, or even more Thailand made printers.. Sure, lots of stimulus going on in america.
People spend money at places other than Wal-Mart, which by the way, employs many Americans.
Quote:
Ooh you have to take that $8,000 from someone else who would have had an american job if the money was stimulating the right area. Dont want to ignore that though...
You have a problem with how people spend their money? Isn't the idea behind a tax break to give people money to spend as they choose?

Old 11-01-2009, 01:11 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,733,702 times
Turn Isreal loose let them kick some butt. We'll have to start the draft back up but then we could take over half the world and give the other half to the Red's....Production goes up, we have lots of jobs, We stop rampant overpopulation, thusly saving the environment..It's all good.....EVeryone else thinks we a big eivil empire, lets remind them what it's really like....

Old 11-01-2009, 01:20 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,950,122 times
Quote:
What do you want Congress to do to stimulate job growth?
Stop interfering with the public sector. Remove itself from the auto sector, amtrack, wall street, financial sector, cable/internet sector, energy sector, medical industry (1/6 of our economy), health care, news papers; stop the EPA from interfering in coal production in Coal States (PA, WV, etc), allow us to drill, lets create more nuclear energy and build more desalinization plants, let's invest in solar panel research and related solar technology. Invest in science and NASA. Give back all unspent stimilus money. Banks who are too big to fail should be allowed to fail. Stop talking about wealth redistribution. Stop expanding gov't. Stop printing money.

Last edited by mossomo; 11-01-2009 at 01:33 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies