Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 06:55 AM

6,565 posts, read 14,300,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Here is the thing I don't get. People accused Bush and his administration of being extremely stupid. Liberals talked and continue to talk about how "smart" they are compared to Bush and yet we find instance after instance of stupid being presented by the WH and Obama so obvious and blatant that only an idiot would contest it.

To clarify. People didn't say the Bush ADMINISTRATION was "stupid"....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 08:38 AM

146 posts, read 155,125 times
Chicago Tribune today reported same thing

Illinois data on stimulus-related jobs saved, created don't add up -- chicagotribune.com

I'm a democrat but I'm starting to feel duped. Obama is not a democrat, he's a left wing radical with marxist idealogy

Old 11-04-2009, 08:41 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Ummmm, boy...... I gotta tell ya I've searched high and low, up and down, left and right in your first post for the word "Administration" and I gotta say, you hid it well 'cause I dont' see it...

No, you blamed OBAMA directly. Par for the course, no biggie, but don't attempt to back-track off your original claim when we have proof right there in post #1...

Edit: I moved on because I figured you must have clarified this in your next post, but no..... Post #5 AGAIN you just straight-up say OBAMA without any mention of "administration"...

Seems kinda like you're pulling exactly the same thing you're accusing OBAMA of here, doesn't it?
Eh....did you bother to look in the title of the thread, which is what delu and Tnhp were complaining about?

Old 11-04-2009, 09:26 AM

17,400 posts, read 16,547,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
You know I can't say I have. I took all my general college work in the early 50s and the liberals weren't as in control in higher education as they are now.

However, I can say that both my sons took some kind of crap in elementary school out of Chicago and it seemed a bit silly to me. The oldest one had to really struggle with all they threw at him but he learned it by himself since I was unable to help out. You know like numbers that were as silly as 10 to the 23rd power and so on. Those scientific calculators allowed them to think like that but I found when he had completed all the advanced math they taught him that he was very deficient in fractions and decimals so I insisted that he take what I call bone head math as a junior instead of calculus. Hecame out of that knowing all the things he failed to be taught about fractions and decimals and was ready for his future. He went to a vo-tech school for mechanics. He had to have that basic stuff and didn't need the advanced stuff. However, the other 21 kids in his freshman class benefited from his advanced math when they got to a college math class and he knew it all and the rest didn't.

This kid came back to see his counselor about a year after he started that school to tell her how stupid what she wanted him to do would have been. I taught him to be like me, in that if you think a thing let others know about it and he isn't bashful.

All the new math is calculator taught and the brains of those kids are never challenged and they can't figure without their calculators. I guess the White House must have got hold of some defective calculators.
Luckily they still teach "bone head" math in our school system. I can't imagine zooming straight to calculus without learning the basics about fractions, decimals, percentages, long division, etc. first.

It does make you wonder about the calculators they are using in the White House and whether or not the people using them have basic math skills. How could anyone look at "$26,000 spent = 450 jobs created" and not see something funny with those numbers? And even if this is all due to human error/defective calculators what kind of computer program would allow such junky numbers to spit out?

Old 11-04-2009, 09:30 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,866,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseph107 View Post
Chicago Tribune today reported same thing

Illinois data on stimulus-related jobs saved, created don't add up -- chicagotribune.com

I'm a democrat but I'm starting to feel duped. Obama is not a democrat, he's a left wing radical with marxist idealogy
A large and ever growing number of U.S. citizens feel duped by this sham of a president. Snake oil salesman is too nice of a name for Obama.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:19 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,957,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Luckily they still teach "bone head" math in our school system. I can't imagine zooming straight to calculus without learning the basics about fractions, decimals, percentages, long division, etc. first.

It does make you wonder about the calculators they are using in the White House and whether or not the people using them have basic math skills. How could anyone look at "$26,000 spent = 450 jobs created" and not see something funny with those numbers? And even if this is all due to human error/defective calculators what kind of computer program would allow such junky numbers to spit out?

They don't even learn the basics correctly in Calculus either. They just teach them to memorize a bunch of formulas so they can regurgitate the answer. Most don't even know why their formula is correct or how it was derived. This is especially a problem in the special focus classes (statistics, business calc, etc...) who by not understanding the foundations will at times misapply the concepts.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:24 PM

More checking, more lies and bogus numbers;

Don't count on stimulus job tally - JSOnline

Quote:
A stimulus job report that says more than 10,000 jobs were saved or created in Wisconsin is rife with errors, double counting and inflated numbers based more on satisfying federal formulas than creating real jobs, a Journal Sentinel review has found.

In one case, five jobs were mistakenly listed as 50 - and then counted twice. In another, pay raises to workers were listed as saving more than 100 jobs. And in another, jobs were listed as saved even though the money had not been received and no work on the project had begun.

The problems mirror those surfacing around the country, as the federal numbers claiming 640,000 jobs created or saved by stimulus money are being scrutinized.
What an embarrassing and humiliating situation.

Old 11-05-2009, 12:43 PM
obo

916 posts, read 986,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
My point was that the thread title is misleading.
Whenever you're getting owned in a debate you pull that crap about the thread title being misleading. Is there any excuse that you will not use to defend and deflect? The OA LIED and you know it, but still defend it. Let me give you an example:

You say that the people reporting to the WH lied, but when it comes to GWB, WMD's and the Iraq war, you say that GWB lied???? You can't have it both ways.. But that's who you are, you will go to whatever end of the planet you need to to try and make yourself credible..Or is it to believe your own lies???

Old 11-06-2009, 09:11 AM

More tales of fraudulent, bogus numbers.

Many California jobs 'saved' by stimulus funds weren't in jeopardy - Sacramento News - Local and Breaking Sacramento News | Sacramento Bee (http://www.sacbee.com/topstories/story/2309303.html - broken link)

Quote:
Up to one-fourth of the 110,000 jobs reported as saved by federal stimulus money in California probably never were in danger, a Bee review has found.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:35 PM

Nice graph.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies