Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 12:33 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,375,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Throwing out a nonsensical statement is...let's see...oh yeah, nonsensical!
So I see you are ignoring the content filled posts that prove your hypocracy and instead focus on the funny little jabs.

typical.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 12:37 PM

1,062 posts, read 1,018,457 times
Quote:
You missed the entire point.
You're trying to make the point that the obstructionists are in the pockets of the lobbyists, to the detriment of their constituents.

No different than those in the pockets of the lobbyists that forward bills that are also to the detriment of their constituents.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:44 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,626,781 times
Quote:
This yoyo couldn't be more transparent of how he does not give a damn about the people of this nation. Another corporate w*****.

Inhofe: I'll Vote Against Reform Without Reading Bill
And how is this different from all of those who voted FOR the stealulus bill without reading it?

Old 11-04-2009, 12:46 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,117,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
So I see you are ignoring the content filled posts that prove your hypocracy and instead focus on the funny little jabs.

typical.
You just want to use the word typical. If your reading comprehension skills were more finely tuned, you would have understood that my post was not biased or partisan as much as you would have preferred it to be for your arguments sake. You are the one displaying typical footbal game fan mentality reactions and mediocrity in your responses. Have a great day!

Old 11-04-2009, 12:48 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,117,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainelyJersey View Post
You're trying to make the point that the obstructionists are in the pockets of the lobbyists, to the detriment of their constituents.

No different than those in the pockets of the lobbyists that forward bills that are also to the detriment of their constituents.
Which lobbyists are lobbying for affordable health insurance that are working for special interest corporatists?

Old 11-04-2009, 12:53 PM

Quote:
You just want to use the word typical. If your reading comprehension skills were more finely tuned, you would have understood that my post was not biased or partisan as much as you would have preferred it to be for your arguments sake. You are the one displaying typical footbal game fan mentality reactions and mediocrity in your responses. Have a great day!
I have posted here long enough to know your bias and your partisan leanings. When one reads for comprehension one should always consider the source.

When the CEO of my company says something about “rationalizing the workforce” I know job cuts are coming.

When Stalin or Mao says the same thing, somebody is going to die.

We are what we are in this world. There is nothing in the OP that suggests an unbiased/non-partisan view.

Try honest for a change. It is quite refreshing.

Back to the secondary point, the bills being put forth by the democrats aren’t worth reading. We already know they suck.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:54 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,857,650 times
Quote:
This yoyo couldn't be more transparent of how he does not give a damn about the people of this nation. Another corporate w*****.

The EVEN more sad part, is that numerous people will vote FOR it without even reading it.

PS, it was fun using the word "Typical".

It also fit perfectly.

88,971 posts, read 44,788,307 times
Quote:
Which lobbyists are lobbying for affordable health insurance that are working for special interest corporatists?
You must be joking...
Lobbyist at center of healthcare overhaul - The Boston Globe

More:
Insurers poised to reap benefits from healthcare overhaul
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-health-insure26-2009oct26,0,757790.story

Old 11-04-2009, 12:55 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,086,339 times
Quote:

I see, you have no problem with Democrats voting yes on a bill without reading it but you have a problem with someone voting no on a bill without reading it. Some Democrats have been very vocal about how they think it is stupid to read a bill before they vote on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies