Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 03:35 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,257,166 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Your inability to post anything other than name calling shows your lack of knowledge in a big and obvious way. Ron Paul would be someone that I would acknowledge as someone with integrity, but whose fault is it the the party has allowed itself to become infiltrated with Neocons and extreme right wing religious hypocrite freaks? Who do you consider a true Statesman?
Whoops, I forgot to name any "libertarians" but I took those names from your post and thought that would be good to indicate what you were saying. I didn't see you mention Paul. Sorry, I missed it. Maybe you need to go back and look at that post, just for kicks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2009, 03:52 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
This yoyo couldn't be more transparent of how he does not give a damn about the people of this nation. Another corporate w*****.

Inhofe: I'll Vote Against Reform Without Reading Bill

OK, let's see, I hate all corporations but especially those that create medical devices, pharmaceuticals or offer health insurance. On the other hand, I love ambulance chasers and unions.

Happy now?

Truth is lots of Democrats are on the payroll of health insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies. Inhofe is not one of them. Thanks for knowing what you're talking about.

James M Inhofe: Campaign Finance/Money - Top Donors - Senator 2010 | OpenSecrets

Old 11-04-2009, 07:18 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Truth is lots of Democrats are on the payroll of health insurance companies and pharmaceutical companies. Inhofe is not one of them. Thanks for knowing what you're talking about.

James M Inhofe: Campaign Finance/Money - Top Donors - Senator 2010 | OpenSecrets
Indeed he's not, partly because he's not exactly a Democrat and partly because HIS owners are the oil and gas companies. Thanks for knowing what you're talking about.
Oil
James M. Inhofe has voted in favor of big oil companies on 100% of important oil-related bills from 2005-2007, according to Oil Change International. These bills include Iraq war funding, climate change studies, clean energy, and emissions.[1] See below for oil money in politics.
Oil and Coal Money in Politics
James M. Inhofe has accepted $311,800 in oil contributions during the 110th congress. $160,800 of those dollars were from industry PACS. In total, Inhofe received $662,506 from oil companies between 2000 and 2008, which makes him a top recipient of oil money. In addition to oil, Inhofe has received $152,800 in coal contributions during the 110th Congress. $94,500 of those dollars were from industry PACS. See above for oil and energy voting record.[2]

James M. Inhofe - SourceWatch

Old 11-05-2009, 04:06 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Indeed he's not, partly because he's not exactly a Democrat and partly because HIS owners are the oil and gas companies. Thanks for knowing what you're talking about.
Oil
James M. Inhofe has voted in favor of big oil companies on 100% of important oil-related bills from 2005-2007, according to Oil Change International. These bills include Iraq war funding, climate change studies, clean energy, and emissions.[1] See below for oil money in politics.
Oil and Coal Money in Politics
James M. Inhofe has accepted $311,800 in oil contributions during the 110th congress. $160,800 of those dollars were from industry PACS. In total, Inhofe received $662,506 from oil companies between 2000 and 2008, which makes him a top recipient of oil money. In addition to oil, Inhofe has received $152,800 in coal contributions during the 110th Congress. $94,500 of those dollars were from industry PACS. See above for oil and energy voting record.[2]

James M. Inhofe - SourceWatch

All of which has what to do with health care or his opposition to having the federal government destroy the greatest health care system on Earth?

"This yoyo couldn't be more transparent of how he does not give a damn about the people of this nation. Another corporate w*****."

The implication from the OP was that he was bought off my interested parties in the health care debate. Not the case at all.

If you spend a little time at the OpenSecrets.org website, you can find out exactly why Representatives and Senators do what they do. Republicans are bought off by a number of corporate interests to include health insurance companies, but so are a number of Democrats (depending on their committee assignments). Democrats are generally bought off by unions and lawyer groups, but don't be deceived, both parties feed from the same corporate trough.

Inhofe, for what it's worth, isn't on the payroll of the health insurance industry.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:01 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,143,981 times
Quote:
All of which has what to do with health care or his opposition to having the federal government destroy the greatest health care system on Earth?

"This yoyo couldn't be more transparent of how he does not give a damn about the people of this nation. Another corporate w*****."

The implication from the OP was that he was bought off my interested parties in the health care debate. Not the case at all.

If you spend a little time at the OpenSecrets.org website, you can find out exactly why Representatives and Senators do what they do. Republicans are bought off by a number of corporate interests to include health insurance companies, but so are a number of Democrats (depending on their committee assignments). Democrats are generally bought off by unions and lawyer groups, but don't be deceived, both parties feed from the same corporate trough.

Inhofe, for what it's worth, isn't on the payroll of the health insurance industry.
For what it's worth, indeed. Health industry or oil industry, he's still a corporate *****.

Maybe it's okay with you, congresspeople bragging in public that they dont even read bills before voting. Wonder what else he hasnt read? He doesnt seem like the "interested" type.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:08 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,747,686 times
I really don't see how this sets him apart from any politician on Capitol Hill.

Are you telling me that any politician, Democrat or Republican is going to read this (as the Wall Street Journal calls it) 1,990 page runaway train?

Quote:
In a rational political world, this 1,990-page runaway train would have been derailed months ago. With spending and debt already at record peacetime levels, the bill creates a new and probably unrepealable middle-class entitlement that is designed to expand over time. Taxes will need to rise precipitously, even as ObamaCare so dramatically expands government control of health care that eventually all medicine will be rationed via politics.

Yet at this point, Democrats have dumped any pretense of genuine bipartisan "reform" and moved into the realm of pure power politics as they race against the unpopularity of their own agenda. The goal is to ram through whatever income-redistribution scheme they can claim to be "universal coverage." The result will be destructive on every level—for the health-care system, for the country's fiscal condition, and ultimately for American freedom and prosperity.
Nancy Pelosi's New Health-Care Bill - WSJ.com

Those who vote for this wreckage will do so out of party politics alone and to hell with the consequences for the American people.

I'm neither Democrat nor Republican, but I certainly know enough Economics 101 to realize that this entire government sponsored health care debacle is just as bad or worse than its detractors claim it is.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:10 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,689,422 times
Quote:
This yoyo couldn't be more transparent of how he does not give a damn about the people of this nation. Another corporate w*****.

Inhofe: I'll Vote Against Reform Without Reading Bill
There is no better place for Obama's Death Panels to start their work than the Senate

Old 11-05-2009, 09:45 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,117,473 times
Quote:

Okay..he's a w***** for another corporate giant. The point is that his voting on the bill is all political and not for what is for the benefit of his constituents. He is part of the obstructionists that just want any bill by the democrats to fail as it would make the Democrats look good in the eyes of the public. You know...Obama's Waterloo.

I think for the same reason Hatch is against it...

In a new interview with CNS News, Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-UT) repeated his concern that requiring Americans to purchase health insurance is unconstitutional. Hatch offered typical run-of-the-mill conservative arguments about “socialized medicine.” But at one point, he let it slip that the real reason he is trying to stop health care reform is that the American public might really like it and therefore vote for Democrats:

Think Progress » Why Hatch Is Really Blocking Health Reform: Americans Will Love The New System And Vote Democratic

Old 12-16-2009, 06:33 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,804,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Because special interest groups get their hands on them and ramps them up to 1,990 pages, like the current HR 3962 health care bill. That's how changes are made without the public, or even most of Congress, knowing about it.

Case in point... the prohibition against health care rationing has been removed from the health care bill:
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...alth-care.html

How many people know about that?
Where is the outrage about this from the Republicans? It is rather suspicious that the GOP is not expressing outrage. Their silence on the matter is very revealing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn5xG1DDHwQ

Old 12-17-2009, 02:11 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,275,092 times
" most of the American people want a comprehensive Public Option Health Insurance Plan passed."

Wrong. Every poll taken to date refutes that statement.

The claims about the lobbyests taking control and it is their work brings the question, why does the congress allow it. I thought congress was in control. It is not the lobbiests fault, it is congresses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies