Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 01:12 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
It's not always the media, check out the OP (original post) in this thread!

Says that the major was a terrorist. go figure. the man's been in the armed forces 20+ years. that's a terrorist? give me a break.
It has nothing to do with how long he's been in the armed services - he wasn't in for much more than 20 years. It has to do with motives. Was Timothy McVeigh a terrorist? Many say he was -- because of his motives and what he did when he did it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 01:14 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,934,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And that would be jumping to conclusions.

He may very well have just snapped at the last minute seeing he was a US Muslim going to the ME.
Seems I've heard the phrase "alluhu akbar" before......let me jog my memory........Ah, got it.

That was what the 9/11 hijackers screamed as they plowed into the towers.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:22 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,234,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Seems I've heard the phrase "alluhu akbar" before......let me jog my memory........Ah, got it.

I think we need an expert.
Quote:
It has nothing to do with how long he's been in the armed services
One would think that if someone has been a military person for such a long time, that he/she would be supporting and defending the constitution, the laws of the U.S.A., and the mission.
I really doubt that this person spent so much time in the military, just so one fine day he could do an act of terrorism. Perhaps he snapped, perhaps his anger grew over a few year period of time. I also think it is speculative to draw a conclusion that what the person did was a terrorist attack.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:25 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,454,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

And has it been confirmed that he said that ?
Or still "reported" ?

Again..jumping to conclusions.

I'm not defending the guy by any means but I'm also not jumping to conclusions based on "reported" musings by the MSM who don't bother to verify "news".

Old 11-06-2009, 01:34 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,659,073 times
It's the equivalent of a someone saying "God help me" before doing something.

If a white Christan said "God help me" before murdering someone, would it be an act of terrorism?

Old 11-06-2009, 01:38 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,234,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
It's the equivalent of a someone saying "God help me" before doing something.

If a white Christan said "God help me" before murdering someone, would it be an act of terrorism?

Old 11-06-2009, 01:48 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
Yes step over the dead and thank your host.
Thats from the MTV book of Snoop dog rules for public speaking .
No one stepped over the dead.

But when you are a guest speaker somewhere, you thank your hosts before you begin speaking.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:55 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
If Obama did something as simple as sneezing, the Obama-Haters, the Right Wing and Faux News would all go crazy talking about how irresponsible the man is and how he is trying to infect America with the Swine Flu.

To me, when the "We-Hate-Obama-Just-Because" crowd starts criticizing Obama out of pure stupidity, I know that the President is doing a great job.
Maybe if he came out crying and drooling like Glenn Beck, they would be happy.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:02 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times
I haven't watched the video (my headphones at work aren't the best quality) but I think a moment of silence for them at the beginning would have been appropriate.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:06 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I haven't watched the video (my headphones at work aren't the best quality) but I think a moment of silence for them at the beginning would have been appropriate.

It is that little thing that would have made the difference but the shout outs was IMO very inappropriate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies