Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 06:49 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
I am far more nervous around drunken meth addicted yahoos with guns than a general population of Local Muslims.
Pretty much the same thing only one is screwed up on Meth the other is screwed up on Allah
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Mormons do too, right?
They do indeed ChattyPatty. The average is over 8 per household. You might say they are growing little explosives.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:56 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,187,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post
If you want to "cut Obama some slack" feel free to do so. For me, I expected Obama to make this bloodbath the central topic of his speech,...not an afterthought the way it appeared. On such a solemn occasion, I thought it improper for the Commander-in-Chief to open his remarks with lightheartedness.

To me the appearance was one of priorities: it appeared Obama made a concerted effort to relegate the military as a secondary topic to a mundane meeting which few Americans even knew was under way. Obama made himself appear somewhat foolish to millions watching his speech. "Experience",..exit stage left.....

EXACTLY ! ( you said it better than I could )

Old 11-06-2009, 07:13 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,205,058 times
OMG! You mean I should start worrying about the exploding Mormom population??

Old 11-06-2009, 07:17 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Mormons do too, right?
I like Mormons. They were really good to me during a difficult time in my childhood (I just happened to live in an area with a large number of them). To my knowledge, they've never once murdered large groups of non-Mormons in the name of Mormonism.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:20 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,885,578 times
Quote:
I am far more nervous around drunken meth addicted yahoos with guns than a general population of Local Muslims.
Well that's all fine and good, but if you see one coming toward you with a surgical scalpel, cover your snatch!

Old 11-06-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Why weren't americans this islamophobic in 1941 ? They were just as Muslim as they are now. How did the US get so weirded out over it ? Is it the "phobia of the century ?" Used to be the Communists...remember that BS about stopping communism ??? hahahahahahahah. Now we think we can halt terrorism with more violence, and aggression......what a JOKE.
It was the Japanese blowing themselves up in those days or soon thereafter and the Muslims were not seeking to blow us up. The brain dead among us forget what happened on 9/11. They are so blinded for their absolute hate for America that I am surprized it is not only Muslims we are dealing with but also america haters that are on just about every corner in are major cities. In fact I guess we are as demonstrated by Columbine et al.
Why are they there and why do they hate america? Maybe this islamic goon couldn't figure it out and was so conflicted he thought he was in good company. We have a lost generation as is evidenced by many that post here.
When these little blowhards, head banging freaks, that have been lost to any understanding of love from their absentee parents and our absentee professional teachers, take control we will be a lost society. Over two hundred years of the greatest society the world has ever known will be rolled over not by tanks but from the cancerous lesions that infest the bowels of our republic.
If it were not for the brave young men and women in this country that are of descent stock, these little infidels would be losing their heads,wearing Berkas and trading in thier global warming god for an enforced god known to the barbarians as Allah.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
Well that's all fine and good, but if you see one coming toward you with a surgical scalpel, cover your snatch!
Oh no...you didn't.ahhhaaaaa.

Old 11-06-2009, 07:40 PM

487 posts, read 636,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Thank God, you aren't a moron. Ha ha.

The shooter obviously did something truly devastating and horrible. But anybody that contributed to the chaos through harassment, provocation, or anger-making, is some-what to blame for it. A mature and reasonable person would try to assuage and mollify the hate, dysfunction, and hostility so that nothing horrific would escalate.
He was motivated by radical Islamic ideology. A peer of his was on Wolf Blitzer and talked about how Hasan was very outspoken against the U.S. presence in the middle east and considered the war on terror a war on Islam. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it is a duck.

Old 11-06-2009, 08:09 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,937,590 times
Profiles of the victims;

- U.S. news - MSNBC.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies