Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 06:07 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,211,393 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well -- was Obama's father Muslim or not? (He was) And does Islam demand that the children of Muslims be Muslim also? (It does) Did Obama attend a Muslim school and was at one time considered a Muslim? (He was) And can someone leave the Islamic faith? (That would be apostacy and it is not allowed in Islam)
Many reports have appeared on various internet sites quoting Muslims that they do, indeed, consider Obama "one of their own". Ditto Kenyan citizens. And we have the obvious bow by Obama to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia (which Robert Gibbs spun as "bending over to shake hands with a shorter man"). Muslims have been quoted on various websites that they consider this bow to King Abdullah to be a signal to the Islamic people that Obama considers himself to be a Muslim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 06:09 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
When an Islamic terrorist explodes a 400lb bomb in Pakistan, for the express purpose of killing the women who dare to attend the college there, you equate that to the US military personnel?

The people of Germany, France, Spain, Italy, South Korea, Japan, the Philippines, and many other countries are free today because of the sacrifices of the US military.

Why are you making this a historical debate? You are off topic. I'm talking about 2009.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:16 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,903,410 times
I am far more nervous around drunken meth addicted yahoos with guns than a general population of Local Muslims.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:21 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Uh huh. I have my doubts whether you ever rallied around bush. In fact, I'm sure you were one of those complaining about the 'pet goat' reading and his so-called "dithering".
Why do you always a*s*s*ume things about other people, and in addition, always a*s*s*ume the worst about them? I can't speak for the poster. I can tell you that while I maybe didn't "rally around Bush", I did not criticize him for anything he did in the immediate aftermath of 9/11, and I said Gore was probably glad he wasn't elected as that mess was two years in planning and would have been carried out regardless of who was the president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Ah, the race card. Haven't seen it played for a few days; thanks for bringing it back.
Oh, give it a rest. You RWs want to make all the rules: No comparisons of Obama to Bush if Bush comes out looking the same or worse than O, but otherwise OK. Call Obama thinly veiled racist names, but accuse anyone who calls you on it of "playing the race card".

Quote:
Originally Posted by caution View Post
It's just a mistake, probably due to lack of experience.

The number one rule after a national-level tragedy is to express sympathy for the victims right away when you first open your mouth to the public. No pleasantry. Just start with it.

He didn't do that, and someone called him on it. No big deal. He'll learn.

It's also a catch 22, becuase if you do it too much (Clinton) or take some time to get your plan together before you speak to the public (Bush) you'll get heat, and your opponents will use it against you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie View Post
Yes step over the dead and thank your host.
Thats from the MTV book of Snoop dog rules for public speaking .
He was doing what he was already scheduled to do when the shooting happened. If he had cancelled this tribute to Native Americans, you guys would be complaining about that.

As I said, I do not recall what or when Clinton said anything about Columbine. We were all too wrapped up in it here in the early days. And that is perhaps the point: the folks down in Ft. Hood were probably as wrapped up in the tragedy as we were here in Colorado with Columbine.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:22 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Many reports have appeared on various internet sites quoting Muslims that they do, indeed, consider Obama "one of their own". Ditto Kenyan citizens. And we have the obvious bow by Obama to King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia (which Robert Gibbs spun as "bending over to shake hands with a shorter man"). Muslims have been quoted on various websites that they consider this bow to King Abdullah to be a signal to the Islamic people that Obama considers himself to be a Muslim.
They do -- and under Muslim law, Obama is a Muslim.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/12/op...12luttwak.html

As the son of the Muslim father, Senator Obama was born a Muslim under Muslim law as it is universally understood. It makes no difference that, as Senator Obama has written, his father said he renounced his religion. Likewise, under Muslim law based on the Koran his mother’s Christian background is irrelevant.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:27 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Basically when you are willing to kill women and children for the promise of being reborn a prince with all the women you want that tells you what such a faith really is. When that faith's leaders do not rise up to challenge the preaching against all things in the Kran ;it is no faith at all but a corrupt leadership that cares nothing for its flock and shivers in the darkness for fear of having to join the mass of fools.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:35 PM

3,424 posts, read 5,977,032 times
They have basically confirmed through witness testimony and military analysis that his claims of harassment for his faith, were baseless. The excuses for this loser are waning quickly IMO. I kind of think he used the allegations of harassment as a smokescreen to avert any attention that his own clandestine activities would have caused.

As a psychiatrist he probably knew that the best way to get people to drop their own guard was to play victim.

Last edited by solytaire; 11-06-2009 at 06:46 PM..

Old 11-06-2009, 06:43 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,903,410 times
Why weren't americans this islamophobic in 1941 ? They were just as Muslim as they are now. How did the US get so weirded out over it ? Is it the "phobia of the century ?" Used to be the Communists...remember that BS about stopping communism ??? hahahahahahahah. Now we think we can halt terrorism with more violence, and aggression......what a JOKE.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:46 PM

The video taken inside the convenience store on the morning (?) of the massacre shows him to be clad in traditional Arabic garb. according to reports from the owner. Yet his iman says he regularly attended prayers in his military uniform. Gives one pause to wonder just how often, if ever, he shed his military uniform for the traditional Arab garb.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy Anne View Post
Why weren't americans this islamophobic in 1941 ? They were just as Muslim as they are now. How did the US get so weirded out over it ?
Me thinks 9/11/2001 may have had something to do with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies