Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 10:07 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
You don't get it. It's not about what is fair or how someone should react. Of course, bullying should never lead to one murdering 12 people. That's not what I said nor what I'm arguing. It's about protecting and preventing something like this from happening again. There are individuals who are psychologically unbalanced and anything can set these people off. A military man should also treat people with respect and show honor to his fellow soldiers...that's also being a man! Being a man isn't calling someone else a camel jockey...that is just being trashy
I know you don't believe that he was justified to shoot that many rounds at a crowd like he did, but it sure sounds that way.

The Columbine kids just weren't smart enough to not do what they did but this man was a psychiatrist trained over many years to deal with the thoughts in other people's heads. Surely he knew better than to take that bit of name calling seriously enough to shoot 200 rounds at a crowd like he did. Yes, I do believe that he wanted to take some non-believers with him since he didn't seem to be shooting anyone in particular. Shoot the bully that calls you names but what he did wasn't just irate, random killing. I do believe that he was trying to take some of those who were going to Iraq down to keep from having them kill Iraqis.

They are still killing them over there, you know. A young man whose father lives just three blocks from me enjoys killing Iraqis when they need it. Not too long ago he and his men who were training Iraqis took off their armor because it was so hot and those they were training turned on them and started shooting. He thought it was pretty funny that all the Iraqis ended up dead. I guess if Muslims enjoy killing us it may be ok for us to kill them. I really think Joe has been made into a killer of Muslims from his three tours over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tworent View Post
Wow I thought he was a psychiatrist did not know he was in the calvary
He is an example of why it takes about as many non-fighters as fighters to support the fighters.

Today my long ago foster daughter who considers us her parents called me from the National Guard place she was filling out forms to go to Afaghanistan in January and said they have to fill out those things and she had to know our actual physical street address because some day someone in uniform may walk up to our door with information about her death. She is not combat, at all, but will still be there and people do get killed all over that place.

I do wonder how many people really understand that the 40,000 fighters Obama should be sending would have to have another 40,000 to support them.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:13 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,198,668 times
They had a picture of him attending an important meeting and it was reported he was very vocal in expressing his anti-war feelings.

Some called it confrontational behavior at the meeting.

Sure doesn't sound like some timid guy getting harassed by soldiers he out ranked.

If he was getting harassed because of that trash he was posting on the internet, he should have been !

Old 11-06-2009, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
If he was a PFC, maybe it would be believable.

It was stated he was an officer ( Major) and outranked 99% of the soldiers.

Do you really believe some 19 year old PFC is gonna be harrassing a Major ?
Not everybody here has been in the military to know that a PFC has been in long enough to know that he can't get by with something like that with an officer. Nope, it had to be another officer that called the man a camel jock, if it really happened.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:19 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,304,342 times
People are also ignoring that there were signs early on that he was an Islamic radical who was proselytizing and was actively vocal against the war but not in the sense of pulling out our troops or against the idea of war but he thought the war was against Islam itself (which is a crazy and assinine thought).

I was watching CNN. They interviewed a physician who took a an evironmental class with him. They were required to do a powerpoint presentation on environmental health. Hasan did a presentation on Islam and the war which was completely unrelated to the subject at hand. Several students raised their hand and asked the instructor why this presentation was allowed to continue since it had nothing to do with environmental health.

The question I (and Sean Hannity) have is why was this individual not booted out of the military? He even offered to pay back his loans in full if a release was agreed to. This person had several red flags against him. Why did the military ignore all of this?

Old 11-06-2009, 10:21 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Come on people, the murdering terrorist was in the military. If he could not take it he should have joined the girl scouts.

He is NOT the victim so people need to stop the victim hood crap on the cold blooded killing terrorist.

Everyone needs to read "The Enemy Within" and you will see someone was way ahead of the rest of us on this exact issue.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Why did the military ignore all of this?
Because no one cares. No one is responsible if they "do nothing".
The government is so big and fractured that he disappeared in the woodwork.

If you're in a room with 10 people and someone grumbles the other 9 know who it is.
If you're in a room with 10,000 people and someone grumbles more than likely 9,995 will never hear it and the other 5 will just ignore it.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:27 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
He is an example of why it takes about as many non-fighters as fighters to support the fighters.

Today my long ago foster daughter who considers us her parents called me from the National Guard place she was filling out forms to go to Afaghanistan in January and said they have to fill out those things and she had to know our actual physical street address because some day someone in uniform may walk up to our door with information about her death. She is not combat, at all, but will still be there and people do get killed all over that place.

I do wonder how many people really understand that the 40,000 fighters Obama should be sending would have to have another 40,000 to support them.
Eery veteran is aware of that plus the unpresidented number of civilans that this war takes. Itlike many never understood what the specail fordces really do and that much of their spwecailties are in fields that have nothign to do with the actaul combat.Have a firend and if she travels in a vehcile she wills see combat and real danger.Even being in civilan areas is dangerous as the enemy blows more of them up than soldiers. Have a friend who is a truck driver by MOS but he has kiled seven terroist on guard duity trying to get into thier camp area ;two setting up raod bombs while being assigned as a colonels driver since he was given a purple heart and a bronze star in the first month there.He says the worse is the civilain town areas where the terrorist love to set off bombs catching gas tankers and killing lots of civlians.He said the civilans are their main target since they have little to fear from them. God bless your daughter and keep her safe.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:34 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,236,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atilla View Post
no we would be securing our future and not falling to the demise that the europeans hav relegated themselves to. Do not be surprized if a moratorium is not in our future. I would vote fo rthat now.

Old 11-06-2009, 10:40 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdne View Post
If you want to "cut Obama some slack" feel free to do so. For me, I expected Obama to make this bloodbath the central topic of his speech,...not an afterthought the way it appeared. On such a solemn occasion, I thought it improper for the Commander-in-Chief to open his remarks with lightheartedness.

To me the appearance was one of priorities: it appeared Obama made a concerted effort to relegate the military as a secondary topic to a mundane meeting which few Americans even knew was under way. Obama made himself appear somewhat foolish to millions watching his speech. "Experience",..exit stage left.....
And he should at least try and get those remarks straight.

Quote:
I want to thank my Cabinet members and senior administration officials who participated today. I hear that Dr. Joe Medicine Crow (ph) was around, and so I want to give a shout out to that Congressional Medal of Honor winner. It's good to see you.
Medal of Freedom, genius, not Medal of Honor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies