Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 03:45 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,442,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
One shout out--one. And not willy nilly, as your posts make it seem; it was to a person who was awarded a Congressional Medal of Honor in the past. That's not a mere shout out and you know it.
It was inappropriate IMO and for the first time he was addressing the issue was in poor taste.

Quote:
This I do apologize for. I should have looked at your location beforehand, as I did confuse you with the person who does indeed have pure hatred for Obama. Obviously you must get this a lot. A heavy cross to bear for a username. *L*
It's ok happens all the time. I have asked if I could change my user name but no one ever got back to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 03:49 PM

6,066 posts, read 15,053,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Maybe not today. Does the Crusades ring any bells?
...or how the Native American's were treated when the Christians decided they wanted this country for their own?

Old 11-06-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
It's not exactly accurate to say that's what the press conference was supposed to be about. He was scheduled to speak to the tribal gathering and they turned it into a press conference so he could address the shooting. His remarks regarding the incident were serious, sympathetic and heartfelt.

At the end of the day, all of you are upset because he spoke in an order you found displeasing.

The speech he was scheduled to give was not going to be televised the only reason it was it is because he was addressing the killings. So yes his lack of respect, timing and attitude right out of the gate drew my attention.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:50 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,199,456 times
Geraldo = the voice of reason at FAUX News...

YouTube - Fox Host Suggests Special Screenings For Muslims In The Military

Old 11-06-2009, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
You're wasting your time.

This lot and their ilk are still smearing themselves in the cremated ashes of the WTC - and using the victims to further their political bias agsinst anything democratic.

They don't give a **** about the loss of life - then or now.

You are pathetic. i lost loved ones on 9/11 and your post is not only insulting but disrespectful.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:54 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,463,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Not one poster here has posted "mildly supporting" Major Hasan...not one. Like LE, posters have looked for information that might explain what caused him to "go postal." That is what will happen when and if he lives to go before a military tribunal, by prosecution and defense alike. What about the shooter in Orlando? Part of a sleeper cell or conspiracy? No. People snap every day...like the mother who drowned her children in the bath tub, one by one. That is very different from Susan Smith, who killled her children because they were inconvenient. Posters have added new information as it became available, but there are no posts suggesting that
Hasan's actions were justifiable in any way, nor attempted to "support"
him. Look for reasons why he might have been predisposed to commit such an atrocity? Yes. He may be a Muslim American, but that does not mean that all Muslims are terrorists or mass murderers, any more than the actions of Andrea Yates equates to all Christian mothers being murderers of their children.
That's a real spin and a twist of reality. Of course not all Muslims are terrorists. Nobody claims that each and every Muslim is a terrorists, not even those who dislike Muslims.
However, be more careful with your comparisons. Andrea Yates, Susan Smith ect. were deeply disturbed women who heard voices and suffered from hallucinations. Here you have a person who was politically motivated. He had many arguments with supporters the war in Iraq and Afghanistan and was deeply upset by the American involvement in those countries. He also expressed his anger many times and gravitated towards the religion of Islam.
If you must make an analogy (you don't really have to) Timothy McVeigh is a better candidate.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:56 PM

2,479 posts, read 3,236,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
It's the equivalent of a someone saying "God help me" before doing something.

If a white Christan said "God help me" before murdering someone, would it be an act of terrorism?
Not to be facetious here, but, I did watch a video clip of the bombadier which dropped one of the nuclear devices on Japan during WW2, on the History Channel, with full sound and camera panning the cockpit and all aboard, and while the film was being played, you could hear one of the flight crew say "God, help us all".

Old 11-06-2009, 03:58 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
That's a real spin and a twist of reality. Of course not all Muslims are terrorists. Nobody claims that each and every Muslim is a terrorists, not even those who dislike Muslims.
However, be more careful with your comparisons. Andrea Yates, Susan Smith ect. were deeply disturbed women who heard voices and suffered from hallucinations. Here you have a person who was politically motivated. He had many arguments with supporters the war in Iraq and Afghanistan and was deeply upset by the American involvement in those countries. He also expressed his anger many times and gravitated towards the religion of Islam.
If you must make an analogy (you don't really have to) Timothy McVeigh is a better candidate.
And having enlisted in the US Military and having those feelings and words should have raised red flags all over the place. Deploying to the ME is the last thing that should have happened to this guy. Too many people, too big a bureaucracy, too easy to get lost in the woodwork. This guy sounds like he should have been discharged years ago and sent for help.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:00 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Looks like we shouldn't even trust the military with guns.

And it's funny--the guy was described as a psychiatrist, and HE snapped.

Old 11-06-2009, 04:00 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
But in the end he turned out to be a mass murdererand nothign else matters. Maybe the administrtion needs to ****ut a memo on college educated people hyas eassy marks for terrorist thinking like that last memo on veterans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies