Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 05:23 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,243,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
you can't generalize a religion based on its most extreme members.
The left does it all of the time...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 05:26 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
You just don't get it...your response has nothing to do with any of my points.

In the words of Barney Frank it seems that "trying to have a conversation with you would be like trying to argue with a dining room table I have no interest in doing it"
My point was that just because someone claims to be something that does not make it so. I can't believe you just quoted Barney Frank to try and make any salient point; what an indictment on your frame of reference.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:27 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
We killed 85,000 Iraqis and wounded another 150,000 non-insurrgent Iraqi's since the war began 8 years ago. And most likely this number will exceed 100,000 in a few years. So that means the number of innocent Iraqis who were killed will double the number of Americans who were killed in Vietnam IN LESS TIME! Most of those Iraqis were Muslims

Or how about we ask the 60,000 Bosnian Muslims who were killed in the Bosnian war from 1992-1995 at the hands of Serb Christians who sought to exterminate these people on the grounds of "ethnic cleansing"

These are recent wars. We didn't discuss the Nazis and yes they claimed to be Christians and there are quotes from Hitler himself in his own book Mein Kampf in which he wrote he was a Christian.

Christianity has done a wonderful job proving it's a "peaceful faith"

I'm not singling out Christianity. Muslims have committed acts of terror as well. Comparing the two is pointless. They have both led to millions dying. If it were up to me, we would all be Agnostics, Unitarian Christians, Buddhist and Hindus....or my faith of NFL SUNDAY

Old 11-06-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
Strange silence as in this apology stated by American Muslims in response to this act of terrorism.

Alleged shooter's name prompts response from American Muslims - CNN.com

You are obviously just looking for a reason to hate....and found one

KevK is a left wing liberal.....He hates no one...He is just pointing out the facts that the rest of you don't want to believe or that you want to hide!!!

Old 11-06-2009, 05:34 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,300,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
KevK is a left wing liberal.....He hates no one...He is just pointing out the facts that the rest of you don't want to believe or that you want to hide!!!
What does it matter what he is. I'm a conservative and I think his ideas are b.s. and un-American. He is trying to demonize an entire group of people based on their religion. Sorry but that's not a conservative idea or an American one.

I'm all for racially profiling and increasing our security in this country. I'm not in favor of bigotry, demonizing races or religions and committing acts of terrorism against American Muslims or other ethnic groups.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
We killed 85,000 Iraqis and wounded another 150,000 non-insurrgent Iraqi's since the war began 8 years ago. And most likely this number will exceed 100,000 in a few years. So that means the number of innocent Iraqis who were killed will double the number of Americans who were killed in Vietnam IN LESS TIME! Most of those Iraqis were Muslims

Or how about we ask the 60,000 Bosnian Muslims who were killed in the Bosnian war from 1992-1995 at the hands of Serb Christians who sought to exterminate these people on the grounds of "ethnic cleansing"

These are recent wars. We didn't discuss the Nazis and yes they claimed to be Christians and there are quotes from Hitler himself in his own book Mein Kampf in which he wrote he was a Christian.

Christianity has done a wonderful job proving it's a "peaceful faith"

I'm not singling out Christianity. Muslims have committed acts of terror as well. Comparing the two is pointless. They have both led to millions dying. If it were up to me, we would all be Agnostics, Unitarian Christians, Buddhist and Hindus.
Stop trying to it make sound as if American Soldiers are the ones that killed them!

"At least 85,000 people lost their lives from 2004 to 2008 during Iraq's violent, sectarian uprising, according to the first official report by the Iraqi government on the death toll since the war began."

85,000 Iraqis killed from 2004 - 2008 - CBS News

Old 11-06-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Do you seek out that information?
What news sources do you use?

Interesting generalization you use.
"Israel strikes back after school bus bomb outrage"

Israel strikes back after school bus bomb outrage - Middle East, World - The Independent (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/israel-strikes-back-after-school-bus-bomb-outrage-623069.html - broken link)

Here's a list for you...

Bombings Israel

"Suicide and Other Bombing Attacks in Israel Since the Declaration of Principles (Sept 1993)"

Suicide and bombing attacks since the DOP (Sept 1993)

Here's a google of the schools for you.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Old 11-06-2009, 06:12 PM

139 posts, read 569,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
"" When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them ""

-- Muhammad, Surrah 9:5

" "But I tell you who hear me: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. If someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also ""

-- Jesus, Luke 6

So there seems to be a different angle that these two dudes are coming from.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
actually mohammad is a prophet.. equal to that of the pope.. and you don't think killing was ordered by the pope ever in history?
cmon now.. who's throwing around preconcieved ideologies here?
It's against Islamic doctrine to print ant image of Muhammad, the punishment is death. The pope isn't a prophet, he's the head of the catholic church, just like the head of the SBC, or Mormon church. The pope is human, therefore sinful and in need of a savior. The pope has zero impact on my life, I'm not catholic, I'm a Christ follower.

Old 11-06-2009, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Ask the Taino Indians who the most barbaric religion is...
Christians massacred an entire continent of people...
All religions are barbaric and primitive and anyone who follows one as anything more than a form of enlightenment is dangerous, regardless of which primitive myths they follow.
They weren't Christians. Jesus: Love, pray for and bless your enemies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies