Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2007, 09:22 PM

30,357 posts, read 51,950,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiftShoppeGuy View Post
Oh sure I have.... Butch lives two houses down on the left of us.... she says nothing and is fairly anti-social....... not friendly, never waves or says hi... lives alone "mostly"

Not exactly a poster child for any kind of true emotional strength that I'm aware of.

Ah yes... and one example is, after all, a good way to judge an entire group of people.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:23 PM

485 posts, read 1,648,496 times
Gizmo - In debates are you supposed to claim that others word choices are immature when they accurately justify a natural reaction?

Old 05-14-2007, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
Gizmo - In debates are you supposed to claim that others word choices are immature when they accurately justify a natural reaction?
Hopefully in a debate among adults, that wouldn't have to be addressed...

Old 05-14-2007, 09:27 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,594,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
You can quote the dictionary all you want, but it won't change how certain words make people feel... MY OPINION is that those words are disrespectful, and I'm not going to say otherwise just to appease you (or whoever wants to use them). I'm not saying they should be illegal, just that adults should know better - and should care about other people's feelings. THAT is a sign of maturity, in my humble opinion.
You make my point for me, Gizmo.

Sentient human beings should be smart enough not to let their 'feelings' get in the way of their intelligence.

As a species, we're not going to make ANY progress if we revert to being ruled by emotions.

Of course, Big Brother would prefer us in the 'new' Dark Ages, and opinions like yours only makes their job that much easier.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:28 PM

Btw, if you're actually seeing people having sexual relations in public, I think that's "repulsive" too... no matter what gender/s they are! So that's really an issue of public indecency, not sexual orientation. Therefore I have to ask, where are you seeing all of this happen? Or are you simply revulsed by two people together, like holding hands or walking side-by-side?

Old 05-14-2007, 09:30 PM

529 posts, read 1,892,857 times
Quote:
Whether it's a "natural reaction" or not, using such a hurtful word is not only unnecessary, but also quite immature and disrespectful... as I said before, I don't care what your beliefs or feelings are, but I do care how you're treating other humans - especially when they haven't done anything to hurt you.

And how do post-menopausal women procreate? Or how about those with fertility problems, who've been "fixed" (vasectomy or tubal ligation), or are on birth control? Not to get too personal, but I'm far from a virgin, yet I don't have any kids... so obviously sex is not just for procreation, in either the animal or human world! And once again, I'm not the one who brought in that comparison...

Heh Heh Heh.... hey, here's a thought.....

Just turn gay and you might save a few bucks on some of those medical procedures...

Old 05-14-2007, 09:35 PM

485 posts, read 1,648,496 times
Gizmo, its funny how you can throw stones at others for using the word revulsion, but I reviewed your previous posts and saw you doing the same thing. You said it was "sick" the way heterosexuals describe their bedroom scenes. Well its revolting the way telesvision shows gays making out. Man I believe using the word "sick" is immature and hurtful. Hmm! Imagine that.

Last edited by robinhood; 05-14-2007 at 09:44 PM..

Quote:
Btw, if you're actually seeing people having sexual relations in public, I think that's "repulsive" too... no matter what gender/s they are! So that's really an issue of public indecency, not sexual orientation. Therefore I have to ask, where are you seeing all of this happen? Or are you simply revulsed by two people together, like holding hands or walking side-by-side?
I'm not especially a big fan of seeing people of any sexual orientation going at it in public either....

Personal business is just that.... personal.

The old addage comes to mind... "Get A Room"...

2,065 posts, read 3,594,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinhood View Post
Thank you Guy. That was the point that I was trying to make. I tried to give you rep points, but it told me to spread them around. Obviously you posted something earlier that I liked!
It's hard to understand how supposed adults get so twisted about words. They're NOT weapons, they're a means to communicate. PC BS will be the death of this Republic, you know...

I've noticed that 'rep points' are impossible to give to the same person twice in a row. Being new around here it took me a bit to figure that out.

Old 05-14-2007, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Ah yes... and one example is, after all, a good way to judge an entire group of people.
Not at all judging the entire group in the least..... and she prefers "Butch" by the way.

There are many just like her that live over in Whitefish, and in Missoula.
It's usually the older Lesbians that are this way... the younger ones are so much more outgoing.... but still, a little over the top on the emotion deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies