Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2009, 07:41 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,616,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
So would I. Immediately. You question me on it though.
C'mon TK.., stop playing the troll. You know damn well I ain't questioning you on THAT one. That is, the right -- even obligation -- to eliminate such a threat. Geez.

What I do have an issue with is your posturing position that anyone who chooses to own a weapon (or have a CCL) is doing so because they can't -- or wont -- defend themselves in other ways, as well. It just depends on the circumstances and situation.

And, especially, say, a small woman or elderly person whose only hope in coming out uninjured might depend on a handgun.

Like I say, if you choose not to have one, groovy (gotta love the '60's)!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2009, 07:52 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston3 View Post
I do not carry, and I don't because I don't think the state of Texas has a right to charge me for my rights under the second amendment...We went to the deer lease this weekend and there is no law that says I could not have carried a hand gun with me.. And I don't understand why I can then but not everyday without paying the state....

There is no law in Texas that says you, me, or anyone, that does not have a criminal back ground, cannot carry a weapon.

It is the conceal part that is against the law.
Lets go back to the old days. Wear your weapon in the open. Buy hip a holster.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
There is no law in Texas that says you, me, or anyone, that does not have a criminal back ground, cannot carry a weapon.

It is the conceal part that is against the law.
Lets go back to the old days. Wear your weapon in the open. Buy hip a holster.
I don't think that's quite true, BentBow. I wish there WAS that option (like Arizona), but in Texas, as I understand it, one either has to have a CCL (I recently got mine) OR you must keep it out of "plain sight" if you have it in your vehicle (along with a few other minor restrictions).

Now, a rifle or shotgun is a different matter. No restiction on that one at all...

Old 11-22-2009, 10:31 AM

Conceal Carry License = CCL

As long as it is in plain sight, it is not against the law to carry a weapon in any of the 50 states. The 2nd amendment protects that. It is the hidden weapon that is the issue. The reason CONCEALED carry Licenses are issued.

You can carry a pistol in your car or truck legally and not have a CCL. It just has to be in plain sight... On the dash, of your vehicle. No you cannot carry a long rifle or shotgun in a vehicle, unless it is a separate compartment that locks, or it is in plain sight, like on the dash, or in the back window.

Old 11-22-2009, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Conceal Carry License = CCL

As long as it is in plain sight, it is not against the law to carry a weapon in any of the 50 states. The 2nd amendment protects that. It is the hidden weapon that is the issue. The reason CONCEALED carry Licenses are issued.

You can carry a pistol in your car or truck legally and not have a CCL. It just has to be in plain sight... On the dash, of your vehicle. No you cannot carry a long rifle or shotgun in a vehicle, unless it is a separate compartment that locks, or it is in plain sight, like on the dash, or in the back window.
Sorry, but you are wrong. Or have it the opposite direction. Call the Texas DPS or check out the penal code if you doubt it. (No disrespect intended, BTW)

Rifles and shotguns? YES. No issue at all. One can display them in the back of your pickup truck if you want to (although I stopped doing that when they got stolen! *rueful laugh*). You can put them in the front or backseat if you want to, in plain sight.

Handgun laws vary from state to state. In Texas, if you do not have a CCL, you must keep the handgun "out of plain view" if it is in your car or pickup truck (an RV, I believe, is a different matter, as it is considered "your premises")

Last edited by TexasReb; 11-22-2009 at 11:38 AM..

Old 11-22-2009, 11:31 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasReb View Post
C'mon TK.., stop playing the troll. You know damn well I ain't questioning you on THAT one. That is, the right -- even obligation -- to eliminate such a threat. Geez.

What I do have an issue with is your posturing position that anyone who chooses to own a weapon (or have a CCL) is doing so because they can't -- or wont -- defend themselves in other ways, as well. It just depends on the circumstances and situation.

And, especially, say, a small woman or elderly person whose only hope in coming out uninjured might depend on a handgun.

Like I say, if you choose not to have one, groovy (gotta love the '60's)!
.You question my method though...so you DO question it.
By the way, you ever hear of a fellow named Jack LaLanne?

Old 11-22-2009, 11:35 AM

You are correct...

Quote:
Texas considers your car part of you castle - this is written
That is you can keep a concealed loaded handgun in your car.

The unwritten rule is that if your a good guy on paper and in person I don't know of any officer that will cite you for having it concealed (no on your belt) on your way to and from the car if you take the approach of

OpenCarry.org - A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost!

Old 11-22-2009, 11:37 AM

958 posts, read 1,106,810 times
Very interesting thread. Some very good comments, some real dumb ones as well.

" If just one person was armed" how many would not be dead?

Old 11-22-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
.You question my method though...so you DO question it.
By the way, you ever hear of a fellow named Jack LaLanne?
*whew*

TK..I am getting sick and tired of arguing with you on this one. Do what you want, ok? I don't question your method at all. But to qualify, you can take it it as you will, so far as questioning goes. Believe it or not, I really don't give you all that much thought at all.

If you can properly defend and/or family under any and all circumstances, sans a handgun? Fine. Good for you. I'll be the first to cheer for you -- send a note of congratulations -- even write about it -- if you successfully defend the same. How ever you acomplish the task!

As it is though, in reviewing the exchange....all you do is spin in circles. I would rather spend time discussing/debating with with someone who can do so without making a big point of telling the world how bad they are. Big deal. Who cares? If it makes one feel better? Then look in the mirror each morning and give yourself a standing ovation for being the prototype for Superman. At least then, they will have an audience that gives a flying "you know what!"

Yes, I have heard of him. A man worthy of respect, and to learn from. BTW -- I do a bit of weight lifting myself and try and train some. I don't devote my whole day to it (getting too damn old for one thing LOL), and definitely don't go around bragging about it. Hell, 20 million Chinese dont give a rat's fart. BUT...what does that have to do with anything regarding the subject? Which is, do you carry a handgun and, if so, why, and if not, why not?

I have nothing against you, personally, TK...only your attitude toward those who make the choice to make SURE we are protected, regardless of the circumstances which may arise. SURELY, you understand THAT!

Last edited by TexasReb; 11-22-2009 at 12:11 PM..

Old 11-22-2009, 12:09 PM

Quote:
I meant to mention earlier, BentBow, I agree with you totally about the intent of the Second Ammendment!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies