Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 09:49 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,280,867 times

Advertisements

Say what you want. But the woman puts her money where her mouth is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2009, 09:52 PM

37,138 posts, read 42,234,436 times
Quote:
Why would she want to do that?
There are much better things to be done with someone like her than to "have a family".
Quote:
Not every woman or for that matter man sees the need or has the desire to procreate.

Early in her career she would talk about wanting a family. Later she would talk about wanting to marry. I'm not saying eveyone should procreate or want a family but it was something she had wanted at one time. And I'm not saying that's the only thing she could have done, but what is it about "someone like her" that would prevent her wanting to?

It was just a passing comment I made, nothing worth getting bothered about.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:02 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I like her and think she does a great job. I don't always agree with her POV, but I believe her intentions are true and she tired to do something good with what she had. Lots of looking inward too, which I think America is deficient in.
I totally agree. There is so much junk on TV that does nothing but put negativity or violent energy into the human consciousness that I find it baffling that there are so many Oprah haters. You don't have to agree with everything she does or say to see that she is a good/sincere person with a big heart.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:27 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
The last straw for me with Oprah was when she set the narcissist Dr. Phil
up with his own show, what an asinine move that was....
Isn't Oprah the one that gave Rachel Ray her start? If that is true, I'll never fogive Oprah for that. Rachel Ray is obnoxious...as is Dr Phil. Does Oprah have a penchant for launching the careers of annoying people?

Old 11-19-2009, 10:32 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,314,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Isn't Oprah the one that gave Rachel Ray her start? If that is true, I'll never fogive Oprah for that. Rachel Ray is obnoxious...as is Dr Phil. Does Oprah have a penchant for launching the careers of annoying people?

No, Oprah did not give RR her start.

RR is not obnoxious at all.

She is a self made very likable success story.

She has grown herself into one of the most successful women in America from scratch and she is not done yet.

A perfect role model for young girls. She is the all American girl.

By the way, she ( Rachael Ray ) donates MILLIONS of dollars and food to those in need and she does not just donate to minorities like Oprah always has.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

She has grown herself into one of the most successful women in America from scratch and she is not done yet.

By the way, she ( Rachael Ray ) donates MILLIONS of dollars and food to those in need and she does not just donate to minorities like Oprah always has.
I'll reiterate...I find Rachel Ray obnoxious. It is commendable if she is charitable, but nevertheless, I find her annoying to watch and listen to.

Old 11-19-2009, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

A rep for Ray fumed that she's not alone in her falling numbers: Oprah, who discovered the bubbly chef, was down 15 percent from February 2007 as were "Live with Regis and Kelly," "The Tyra Banks Show" and "The Martha Stewart Show."

TROUBLE COOKING FOR RAY SHOW

Old 11-20-2009, 12:06 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,033,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Early in her career she would talk about wanting a family. Later she would talk about wanting to marry. I'm not saying eveyone should procreate or want a family but it was something she had wanted at one time. And I'm not saying that's the only thing she could have done, but what is it about "someone like her" that would prevent her wanting to?

It was just a passing comment I made, nothing worth getting bothered about.
I meant with someone of her influence and wealth, she can do much better than the whole "having a family" thing.

Never knew she'd said anything early on about her having one though..I wasnt around then.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:19 AM

9,763 posts, read 10,531,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
She wants out before the 2012 election. She must not want to be called upon to help Obama again. Remorse?
The woman is a billionaire. She's perfectly capable of helping anyone she wants, with or without a talk show.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:25 AM

78,436 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Hey listen, I have seen enough upside down explanations from various assorted kooks on here that I thought I'd give it a try.
It's more fun when someone takes the bait..thank you
You are indeed a master baiter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies