Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-24-2009, 10:38 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,769,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
The OP was addressing conservative Christians. There are many types of Christians. Not all Christians are born-again Evangelicals. Don't play the victim card and pretend the OP was attacking all Christians. Most liberals are Christians but they just are not as conservative and don't interpret the Bible literally like you.

Thanks again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2009, 10:50 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,969,661 times
Not believe in or disapprove is hardly hate.

Old 11-24-2009, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Bull: have you ever heard of any Episcopalian, Lutheran, Pres, churches teaching that? Of what about the Unitarian church??? You are so off base on this one it isn't funny.

Nita

Correct a small minority supports gay rights. I do apologize for not clarifying that.

However, being those 3 religions make up 8.8% of all protestants, which make up 72% of religious people in our country you are talking about a very small sector .

Old 11-24-2009, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wethrowpie View Post
As mentioned in the article, the definition of a 'hate-crime' continues to be expanded into essentially a white man attacking anyone. Of course it would NEVER be a hate crime for that same white man to BE attacked.
Regardless of who is attacked, they need only claim hate crime in order to stiff the white man with increased legal penalty.

why don't you read the statistic by the FBI? About 17% of racially motivated crime is against white people. Stop crying about the poor white man (i am one) being held down and wake up.

Your comments have zero credibilty when you don't even read the stats.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wethrowpie View Post
As mentioned in the article, the definition of a 'hate-crime' continues to be expanded into essentially a white man attacking anyone. Of course it would NEVER be a hate crime for that same white man to BE attacked.
Regardless of who is attacked, they need only claim hate crime in order to stiff the white man with increased legal penalty.

from article

"The new law signed by Obama now covers crimes based on gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. It also removes the restriction that federal authorities can launch investigations of victims who were engaged in federally protected activities like voting or free speech."

How is that only about punishing the white man

Old 11-24-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Nice cherry pick of the scriptures. If you want the whole scripture in context read below. If you just want to twist it the way you like continue on. I love the way Christian haters try to justify their hate.

MARK 12:18-27
If a man dies childless, his widow is ordered by biblical law to have intercourse with each of his brothers in turn until she bears her deceased husband a male heir.

Are you just ignorant of the scriptures or just have that much hate? Remember hate crimes against religous people are up 9%.

18Then the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to him with a question. 19"Teacher," they said, "Moses wrote for us that if a man's brother dies and leaves a wife but no children, the man must marry the widow and have children for his brother. 20Now there were seven brothers. The first one married and died without leaving any children. 21The second one married the widow, but he also died, leaving no child. It was the same with the third. 22In fact, none of the seven left any children. Last of all, the woman died too. 23At the resurrection[a] whose wife will she be, since the seven were married to her?"
24Jesus replied, "Are you not in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God? 25When the dead rise, they will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven. 26Now about the dead rising—have you not read in the book of Moses, in the account of the bush, how God said to him, 'I am the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob'[b]? 27He is not the God of the dead, but of the living. You are badly mistaken!"

Don't you read? That was exactly my point. That is exactly what people do in support of their views. I was simply pointing out exactly how you could twist the bible by picking out small parts. Just as people do to defend the death penalty, eye for an eye etc etc.

You just helped my point.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Well you mentioned illegal immigrants in your op. By this inclusion I can only assume that if someone broke into your home in the middle of the night that you would bake him cookies and declare him a part of the family?

I await, but do not expect, your reply.

your connection is faint at best but either way I would not hate someone down enough on life that they need to steal.

Old 11-24-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Not believe in or disapprove is hardly hate.

banish to hell is

Old 11-24-2009, 11:16 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,511,838 times
I hope you don't smoke seeing as how you're around all that straw...

Old 11-24-2009, 03:15 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,096,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
they are not invalid its a question a question is not valid or invalid. It was asked based on what I see and for the last freaking time i did not say all did not say all did not say all I said many.........
Okay fine: we'll use your word 'many'. A question can certainly be invalid, and yours still are.

You asked, why do so 'many' C.C.'s hate gays etc., you ask this as if it is a widely accepted fact that C.C.'s hate gays and such. But then you turn around and say it was: based on what you see.\

So what you're really asking is: does everyone else here think that C.C.'s hate gays, etc., the way the OP thinks they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies