Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 10:10 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times

Advertisements

Actually I just took a poll and Obama has a 87% approval rating. Go figure?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 10:13 AM

3,565 posts, read 4,869,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMichele View Post
After 1,5 yrs in office Obama wins award for lowest approval rate EVER!!!

What?

Ugh.

Americans say 1.5 and most of the other countries say 1,5. One should know this.

Old 12-08-2009, 10:17 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,229,470 times
However, the Gallup poll shows Obama at 47%:

Although Obama continues to enjoy strong support from fellow Democrats by an 8-1 margin with an 83 percent approval rating, he has lost significant ground among Republicans and independents.

His approval among them has slid by 20 points since Inauguration Day, and now stands at 14 percent among Republicans and 42 percent among independents.

Obama Approval Rating Hits New Low (http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/obama_gallup_poll/2009/12/08/295846.html - broken link)

Old 12-08-2009, 10:27 AM

484 posts, read 1,217,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
My bet, he'll leave office with MUCH higher approval than Bush did.
That won't be much of an accomplishment. Even Nixon had a higher approval rating while being kicked out.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:39 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,578,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Barrack Obama 47%

George W. Bush 86%

Bill Clinton 52%

George H.W. Bush 71%

Jimmy Carter 57%

Harry Truman 49%

Wow Obama got another accomplishment!
Forget Obamas accomplishments for a moment and look at your accomplishments. 1.5 years?

This is such a WONDERFUL thread. Know why? Because it shows that the right cannot even count the MONTHS Obama was in office which is SOOO LAUGHABLE.

You guys are so eager to try to ruin him and his name that you guys even get the months wrong. This thread will be my favorite one for a long time because it shows the stupidity of some on the right.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:43 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigmaingr View Post
That won't be much of an accomplishment. Even Nixon had a higher approval rating while being kicked out.

Well, the conservos are crowing about Bush. Context doesn't seem to register with them.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:45 PM

3,169 posts, read 5,167,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post

Ugh.

Americans say 1.5 and most of the other countries say 1,5. One should know this.
Not when one has only lived in America.

In America, 1.5 means one and one half year aka 18 months. Please tell me the exactly number he is trying to relay.

Please and thank you.

Old 12-08-2009, 01:06 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Well, the conservos are crowing about Bush. Context doesn't seem to register with them.
Actually the only people that seem to be crowing about Bush, are liberals.. Who by your own admission have set the standards for Obama to follow. Thats pretty low standards you have for him there bud!!!

Old 12-08-2009, 01:15 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,851,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Forget Obamas accomplishments for a moment and look at your accomplishments. 1.5 years?

This is such a WONDERFUL thread. Know why? Because it shows that the right cannot even count the MONTHS Obama was in office which is SOOO LAUGHABLE.

You guys are so eager to try to ruin him and his name that you guys even get the months wrong. This thread will be my favorite one for a long time because it shows the stupidity of some on the right.
Ok now that you've got that out do you have anything to say about Obama having the lowest approval rating of all past presidents?

Just wondering because I see you as the most honest liberal on this board

You dont find it a bit concerning that his approval rating is the lowest of them all? You arent concerned that maybe the country doesnt want what Obama is doing? Yes I know they voted for him but maybe now that they've seen him in action they arent happy?

I know if I were a democrat / progressive this would concern me

Old 12-08-2009, 01:30 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,578,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
Ok now that you've got that out do you have anything to say about Obama having the lowest approval rating of all past presidents?

Just wondering because I see you as the most honest liberal on this board

You dont find it a bit concerning that his approval rating is the lowest of them all? You arent concerned that maybe the country doesnt want what Obama is doing? Yes I know they voted for him but maybe now that they've seen him in action they arent happy?

I know if I were a democrat / progressive this would concern me
Thank you for asking me very politely. I am going to give you a rep point for this after I am done replying.

I do not find it a bit concerning about his approval rating because:
1) this country has never been so bitterly divided

2) He is the president who has to deal with 2 wars, rising unemployment

3) there are some on the right who would criticize him if he breathed the wrong way. Don't get me wrong here. I know some liberals do the same to Palin and I hope you see my posts defending Palin too. It is JUST so ODD to pick on someone like that.

4) Race and religion-NOT SAYING that it is everyone but I do know two people who simply hate him for being black. One of them trained his dog 30 years ago to attack black people and tells to my face that if he had a chance to shoot Obama, he would. Some people still think he is a Muslim and hate him for that. Even if he is, what does it matter?

5) The right will never approve of him and some Democrats (including me) do not agree with all that is doing. Some of us feel he is too catering to the right. Some of us feel he is not living up to the lefts expectations.

6) Honeymoon period being over-"Ahhh the first black president! OMG OMG!" HOPE AND CHANGE! When reality sunk in that all politicians promise the world but do not deliver, it shows in approval ratings.

7) It has not been a year yet. So I am not too concerned as of right now. If things do not get better within 2-3 years, I will have to see what I think.

I am sure you don't want to hear some more Time to rep you.

+1!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies