Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 09:32 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Typical left-wing tactics. Don't address the actual issue. Instead, discredit the persons that brought the issue to light. And the more you are called out, the louder you shriek. Saul would be proud.
So you would discount the evidence that their backgrounds give them a biased view from the onset and that their 'journalistic' endeavors were designed to prove an existing agenda. If they had nothing to hide, i.e. none of their 'data' were manipulated, they should happily release all of the video to prove and support their findings.

Funny how so many are ready to castigate the CRU guy, but these two get a pass for essentially doing the same thing.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:34 AM

1,878 posts, read 2,064,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
So you would discount the evidence that their backgrounds give them a biased view from the onset and that their 'journalistic' endeavors were designed to prove an existing agenda. If they had nothing to hide, i.e. none of their 'data' were manipulated, they should happily release all of the video to prove and support their findings.

Funny how so many are ready to castigate the CRU guy, but these two get a pass for essentially doing the same thing.
You nor anyone else cannot prove 1 single bit of what you are saying.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:35 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:

What legal moves has ACORN done to supposedly clear their name of all these false videos ?

Old 12-08-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What legal moves has ACORN done to supposedly clear their name of all these false videos ?
Seems to me that they are suing the perpetrators of this little play, which is apparently a serious enough challenge that Miss Giles actually has a defense fund set up. I do have to say that I find it interesting how quickly she/her dad got that thing up and running. Almost like they knew there would be grounds for a lawsuit

Old 12-08-2009, 09:39 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Funny, you sure put a lot of faith in this independent report. You talk about how others don't have the credibility to disprove your new found evidence, but why should I or anyone else take your post seriously? What, in your mind, gives this independent report so much credibility? Could it be because it makes your chosen side of this mess look better? How you can sit back and insult others for acting the same way you act is beyond me. So what if you dug up a report that makes ACORN look better. You can find info. on the computer that makes Hitler and Manson seem like OK guys. Doesn't mean they were. And this report proves nothing other than the fact that ACORN is still very well connected. Or maybe it proves they did nothing wrong. Truth is, none of us really know, and we are all being played off one another anyway. Conflict, oh how we love it. The people in control of this country sure know how to play the game. And me and you ida, we play right into their hands. But what are we to do, all we have to go on is what they will tell us. We are both Americans, and should both be in the pursuit of basically the same things. So why is it so easy for us to be divided?
I don't actually put a lot of faith in that independent report. I put a lot of faith in my understanding of the issue, which from the very beginning supported ACORN's case.

It's very similar to the current CRU email nonsense. You can tell right away that the scientists were speaking informally. You can tell right away that the deniers are making a huge stink without very much evidence. You can tell right away that nothing will come from it.

And the same thing was true about the ACORN videos. You can see two very shady characters trying to make a hit-piece. They planned to create a situation that no volunteer or staffer should ever even plan to encounter. And they based their entire attack on the responses of decent people to a very strange situation.

It's easy to see, in both cases, who the instigators are, and who the regular, decent people are. Some are trying to do their best to improve the lives of others. Some are using scummy tactics (email theft, cheap theatrics - and now faked videos) to do hit-pieces.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
I don't actually put a lot of faith in that independent report. I put a lot of faith in my understanding of the issue, which from the very beginning supported ACORN's case.

It's very similar to the current CRU email nonsense. You can tell right away that the scientists were speaking informally. You can tell right away that the deniers are making a huge stink without very much evidence. You can tell right away that nothing will come from it.

And the same thing was true about the ACORN videos. You can see two very shady characters trying to make a hit-piece. They planned to create a situation that no volunteer or staffer should ever even plan to encounter. And they based their entire attack on the responses of decent people to a very strange situation.

It's easy to see, in both cases, who the instigators are, and who the regular, decent people are. Some are trying to do their best to improve the lives of others. Some are using scummy tactics (email theft, cheap theatrics - and now faked videos) to do hit-pieces.
You put faith in your understanding? Man, you're in for a bumpy ride, your understanding is agenda based and nothing else.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:42 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
An independent report by former Massachusetts Attorney General Scott Harshbarger concluded that ACORN didn't commit any crimes in those stupid videos that conservatives went crazy about. He did find that ACORN employees should have behaved better.

But this was interesting:

Who would have thought that wingnuts would fake it?
it was not an independent report. It was Acorns Internal report.
So your claim that it was independent is not correct.
ACORN prober: No illegal conduct on videos - Politics- msnbc.com

The videos "feed the impression that ACORN believes it is above the law," stated the Harshbarger report, intended as an independent examination of the issues.
We did not find a pattern of intentional, illegal conduct by ACORN staff involved; in fact, no action, illegal or otherwise, was ever taken by any ACORN employee on behalf of the videographers," Harshbarger said in a statement. "Instead, the videos represent the byproduct of ACORN's longstanding management weaknesses, including a lack of training, a lack of procedures and a lack of on site supervision."
In an interview with reporters, Harshbarger said some of the behavior was inappropriate, but said there is a difference between behaving unprofessionally and behaving illegally. The examination "did not find any illegal conduct by ACORN staff," Harshbarger said.

The claim in your link that Harshbarger said that videos were faked was also False

You should be careful about making claims that were just false and reading blogs that give false info.

So to Sum it up The report was not independent as you claimed and your link put out false information that the video was faked.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
You nor anyone else cannot prove 1 single bit of what you are saying.
Nor can you.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:46 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
The fact that defunding ACORN has been bipartisan should speak volumes.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Nor can you.
watch the videos..What do you have?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies