Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should GLBT History Be Taught in Public Schools?
Yes 55 30.90%
No 123 69.10%
Voters: 178. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 04:24 PM

981 posts, read 806,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvin View Post
I respect your opinion though disagree. I did look back at #327 and you present your views well.
Thank-you
There's no reason disagree. Absolutely none, other than prejudice.

You are just wrong, then.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:32 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
You're wrong and do not have the right perspective on this, at all. See post #327.
Meet the Vito Corleone of political correctness.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Meet the Vito Corleone of political correctness.
That makes no sense. I was being specific, not PC.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:41 PM

1,688 posts, read 4,299,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
There's no reason disagree. Absolutely none, other than prejudice.

You are just wrong, then.
Please, tell me how you reallly feel. I understand you started the thread, I don't understand the rigid rhetoric. I thumb through the threads and with the larger ones come out on the end, with only having read the original post. If the language in your original question has changed, start a new thread. I believe you were asking for pro or con relplies. You shouldn't throw the "prejudice card" out there as a convincing argument. We have gone from GLBT history lessons in public school to impatient comments. In a nation of civility we need to agree to disagree. You have debased the argument sir: Aloha.

Last edited by tyvin; 01-12-2010 at 08:50 PM..

Old 01-12-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyvin View Post
Please, tell me how you reallly feel. I understand you started the thread, I don't understand the rigid rhetoric. I thumb through the threads and with the larger ones come out on the end, with only having read the original post. If the language in your original question has changed, start a new thread. I believe you were asking for pro or con relplies. You shouldn't throw the "prejudice card" out there as a convincing argument. We have gone from GLBT history lessons in public school to impatient comments. In a nation of civility we need to agree to disagree. You have debased the argument sir: Aloha.
Give me a break. You're just mad because I called you out on your prejudice, and saying that you "disagree" without providing any substantial argument only confirms it.

Anyway, good (and convenient) riddance.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:10 PM

119 posts, read 197,153 times
This thread is at page 42 or so. Was the intent to make this thread a freaking history book? Holy crap.

While some people like me wish GLBT or whatever they call it WAS history, along with dwarfism, deafness, and blindess and other disorders it isn't going to happen. I am obese despite my physical profession and I wish there wasn't a fat person left on earth.

However, the tv show Modern Family wouldn't be the same without Cameron and what's his name so PARTY ON GAYS!

On a personal note my sister is a lesbian and it has been tough for me to deal with because I truly don't remember ever even knowing what gay was until I was a teenager and nobody taught me anything about it. It just seemed wrong to me but I guess that was because I liked girls when I was in kindergarten. Oh well.

I am sure others have said this but until our schools are the best in the world we shouldn't add trivial lessons to further detract from their already minimal educations.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:00 AM

1,688 posts, read 4,299,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyman5001 View Post
This thread is at page 42 or so. Was the intent to make this thread a freaking history book? Holy crap.

While some people like me wish GLBT or whatever they call it WAS history, along with dwarfism, deafness, and blindess and other disorders it isn't going to happen. I am obese despite my physical profession and I wish there wasn't a fat person left on earth.

However, the tv show Modern Family wouldn't be the same without Cameron and what's his name so PARTY ON GAYS!

On a personal note my sister is a lesbian and it has been tough for me to deal with because I truly don't remember ever even knowing what gay was until I was a teenager and nobody taught me anything about it. It just seemed wrong to me but I guess that was because I liked girls when I was in kindergarten. Oh well.

I am sure others have said this but until our schools are the best in the world we shouldn't add trivial lessons to further detract from their already minimal educations.

Old 01-13-2010, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyman5001 View Post

Absolutely pathetic, non sequitur argument.

But, I'm used to it, at this point.

Old 01-13-2010, 07:53 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,319,763 times
At first I thought I agreed with the OP, but I do think people have the right to disagree. Isn't that the point of the whole thread? Also, why do they have to prove anything to anyone. It doesn't mean they are prejudiced if they decide school is not the place for this lesson. It is just their opinion. I personally think school could do without a lot of the things we try to teach. I have students that can't read in middle school. Shouldn't that come before electives and sports? See what I mean, I shouldn't have to prove it. It is just my opinion. Let everyone have their own opinion.

Old 01-13-2010, 08:01 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
At first I thought I agreed with the OP, but I do think people have the right to disagree. Isn't that the point of the whole thread? Also, why do they have to prove anything to anyone. It doesn't mean they are prejudiced if they decide school is not the place for this lesson. It is just their opinion. I personally think school could do without a lot of the things we try to teach. I have students that can't read in middle school. Shouldn't that come before electives and sports? See what I mean, I shouldn't have to prove it. It is just my opinion. Let everyone have their own opinion.
Yes, if you don't want someones personal opinion one should not start a thread with a poll that has only Yes or No as your options.

If serious debate is the goal, a better defined question would be in order. I say that after 42 pages so something must be working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies