Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2009, 10:45 PM

1,956 posts, read 3,637,546 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
I do not believe with the current president that we will go to war with Iran, even though they show no regard to the international community. We need to take care of Afghanistan first and then just be ready in case Iran steps up and forces our hand into action. Right now our military is spread to thin and starting somewhere else would just leave us vulnerable at home. I do believe that Iran will do something to Isreal but we can not be the main player in stopping this, the world finally needs to help police and not rely on us for everyhting.
You mean like the US does? As I recall, the international community was more or less unanimously against invading Iraq, and we did it anyway. We all know how that turned out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2009, 10:46 PM

8,292 posts, read 26,687,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
FYI, I have never ascribed to the theory that Israel has a right to Palistine because they were there 2000 years ago. But then again, Might has always made right in the middle east.
Right.

And by the same token, Palestinians have no right to land they claim they possessed thousands of years ago.

Everybody goes back to a point in time that is beneficial to them personally, and claiming that is THE point in history we MUST abide by.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Oh garbage.
How's that working for the Native Americans?

The country of my ancestors doesn't exist any more - does that mean we can all go back and have land.
Look at maps from the last several decades, not even centuries and you will see that countries and borders change.
You're really not as naive as you're presenting.

In 1948, land was stolen from the middle eastern countries for Israel. Israel had no claim until that time
WHICH Native Americans? The ones who were there when the White Man decided to take the land? Or the Native Americans that had recently been run off that same land?

And by the way, I'm not naive at all. I'm simply blowing holes in your terrorist-supporting ideology. Why do you keep going back to 1948 - other than the fact that that date suits YOU? Why not go back farther than that?

The fact is, you are pointing to a point in history YOU like. Too bad that's a totally fallacious and inane practice.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:50 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Right.

And by the same token, Palestinians have no right to land they claim they possessed thousands of years ago.

Everybody goes back to a point in time that is beneficial to them personally, and claiming that is THE point in history we MUST abide by.
Problem with your assesment is that nobody from 2000 years ago is alive today. Whereas there are many palistinians alive who remember the state of palistine in 1947.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:51 PM

Quote:
What does this have to do with you, number 1; number 2, they're not the only ones.
You're grasping at straws here.
LOL! I'm grasping at straws?

YOU are blindly supporting idiot, savage terrorists who intentionally and relentlessly try to kill civilians! Then you claim some moral high ground. How cute.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Problem with your assesment is that nobody from 2000 years ago is alive today. Whereas there are many palistinians alive who remember the state of palistine in 1947.
I understand that, but it's irrelevant. By that token, can we just wait until those people die off, and everything is fine?

Who gets to arbitrarily decide what point in history we return to? You? Me?

Old 12-22-2009, 10:54 PM

1,329 posts, read 3,546,327 times
Quote:
Garbage.
Iraq had nothing to do with the 9/11 terrorists.
Most were from Saudi, but the Saud's are US puppets and Bush family friends.
Get your facts straight.
Bin Laden picked Saudis to carry out the 9/11 attacks because he thought the US reaction would be to blame the Saudi Arabian government, much as you have done, and cause the US to invade Saudi Arabia, also known as the land of the two holy places, Mecca and Medina, thereby touching a global war between the US and Islam. Now, if you thought Iraq was a difficult war, I can assure you that a war against the dozens of countries (and 1 billion people) that comprise Islam would have been a much more difficult endeavor. There are plenty of Muslims who dislike America. It was bin Laden who channeled that dislike, shaped it into a burning hatred, organized the financing and provided both the training and weaponry to carry out the series of jihadist attacks that started with the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.

Old 12-22-2009, 10:56 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
I understand that, but it's irrelevant. By that token, can we just wait until those people die off, and everything is fine?

Who gets to arbitrarily decide what point in history we return to? You? Me?
Well obviously the ones with the best weapons and most might. That doesn't make it just or right. Exactly the reason the palistinians won't give up. They believe in what they are doing because they perceive a injustice has been done to them. Why should they give a rat's ass over some european jews coming along to take their country away from them, based on some book they probably never read?

Old 12-22-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Well obviously the ones with the best weapons and most might. That doesn't make it just or right.
I didn't say it made it right. But that is the way it has always been - and not just in the United States, or the Middle East.

Shoot, one of Hitler's big arguments was that he was only taking back land that rightfully belonged to Germany - at least at some point in history.

NOBODY can solve ANY "whose land is it, anyway?" argument. Ultimately, the ONLY thing to be done is for people to stop shooting.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:03 PM

946 posts, read 2,605,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhang Fei View Post
Bin Laden picked Saudis to carry out the 9/11 attacks because he thought the US reaction would be to blame the Saudi Arabian government, much as you have done, and cause the US to invade Saudi Arabia, also known as the land of the two holy places, Mecca and Medina, thereby touching a global war between the US and Islam. Now, if you thought Iraq was a difficult war, I can assure you that a war against the dozens of countries (and 1 billion people) that comprise Islam would have been a much more difficult endeavor. There are plenty of Muslims who dislike America. It was bin Laden who channeled that dislike, shaped it into a burning hatred, organized the financing and provided both the training and weaponry to carry out the series of jihadist attacks that started with the 1993 World Trade Center bombing.
Good points rarely heard. Bin Laden also picked Saudis because their government funnels money to radical Islamic mosques, creating an angry and indoctrinated class of citizen. We did the opposite of invade Saudi Arabia--both before and after 9/11, Saudi citizens were given privileged positions when applying for US visas, American law enforcement was not allowed to interview suspected terrorists (including 4 Saudis executed for the Khobar Towers bombing--some organizations allege the Saudi government picked undesirable political actors, but since the FBI was never allowed to talk to them, we'll never know). And we sure don't need to sell them our jets and missiles--it's only a matter of time before we find those things pointing back at us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies