Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2009, 08:28 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
With the middle east so unstable I have to wonder if there will be a war between Iran & the U.S.

What is your opinion of this possible war that could be the start of WWIII.
Israel will take out the nuclear facilities.Obama will say its not our war and will not put us in the fight. That will make things much worse if we change presidents in 2012. America will be seen as weak as long as Obama is president
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2009, 08:54 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,922 times
No, and this is because our international stance never changes. Perhaps you missed him saying the same old line of protecting our interests.

Old 12-23-2009, 09:03 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,859,732 times
The US has a history of drumming up untrue stories in order to start a war. Gulf of Tomin incident, WMD's and so on. The other day the first story came out with Iran, that they had attacked an Iraqi oil well..... I wouldn't believe it unless I have 3'rd party verification. Now all you hear about is all this weapons grade radio active material. Our media is setting the stage to lead us down a path with their lies. We will be at war as long as the US continues to allow these liars to direct us towards things that don't benefit us. What do these politicians care if your kids are killed in the service? theirs are safe. Their portfolios have contributions from the war manufacturers. Americans won't protest so why not? They get rich, our service people die, and America does nothing what could be better?

Old 12-23-2009, 09:16 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,226,922 times
I agree, AONE.
One of the biggest kicks I get is when there is a documentary on PBS that of course is shown to enlighten. Then you look at the funding like Pew or US Army. Considering that the media conglomerate also owns other companies there is absolutely no room for accurate reporting.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:46 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tightwad View Post
With the middle east so unstable I have to wonder if there will be a war between Iran & the U.S.

What is your opinion of this possible war that could be the start of WWIII.
Why have they done something to us? Interesting that we talk of Iran and war, how short our memories are, you do know that they were once one of our best friends in the middle-east. The people of Iran will deal with their own nation and the days of the religous leaders running Iran are coming to an end, let them deal with their own issues and until they do something to change the situation we have no business interferring in theirs. Fun part is there are some here that believe we should nuke em so they do not get nukes, the term crazy comes to mind.
Casper

Old 12-23-2009, 11:22 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,681,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhang Fei View Post
There's really no need for a war. The Israelis destroyed Iraq's Osirak nuclear facility without invading. The reason for the US invasion of Iraq was to demonstrate to Middle Eastern countries that they can't play the game of financing terrorists to attack the US at home while pretending that they had nothing to do with it.

Because the US has significant air assets in the area, it can hit many more targets on a more sustained basis than Israel could in its single attack in 1981. American munitions are also much more accurate than what Israel could muster in 1981. Ultimately, the only way an invasion might occur is if Iran invaded Afghanistan or Iraq as punishment for American air strikes on the Iranian nuclear program.
Iran is now a player in the ME wars. They have seized an oil field in Iraq by military force. Now the U.S. ,and the world, must decide what's next.

BBC News - US alarm after Iran troops seize Iraq Fakkah oil field

Wars have been started over much less..........

Old 12-23-2009, 11:32 AM

2,312 posts, read 3,665,184 times
Iran will be our 51st State

Old 12-28-2009, 10:22 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
The US has a history of drumming up untrue stories in order to start a war. Gulf of Tomin incident, WMD's and so on. The other day the first story came out with Iran, that they had attacked an Iraqi oil well..... I wouldn't believe it unless I have 3'rd party verification. Now all you hear about is all this weapons grade radio active material. Our media is setting the stage to lead us down a path with their lies. We will be at war as long as the US continues to allow these liars to direct us towards things that don't benefit us. What do these politicians care if your kids are killed in the service? theirs are safe. Their portfolios have contributions from the war manufacturers. Americans won't protest so why not? They get rich, our service people die, and America does nothing what could be better?
You made one valid point in your post - WMD's. It's not just the US concerned with countries such as Iran, Syria, Pakistan, DPRK, Sudan, etc etc. The entire world is watching these corrupt and lawless countries murder millions of people, taking thousands of political prisoners and developing nuclear weapons with delivery systems capable of reaching US and Western assets across an entire continent.

If the country was run by people like you, we would be asleep at the proverbial wheel.

Old 12-28-2009, 10:24 PM

3,284 posts, read 3,525,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Iran will be our 51st State
If their government keeps murdering it's citizens, you can bet it won't last. I predict the fall of Iran's government before any military action is necessary. At least I hope so, if not, obviously you will see some strikes from the Israelis.

Old 12-29-2009, 03:00 PM

8,954 posts, read 20,681,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
If their government keeps murdering it's citizens, you can bet it won't last. I predict the fall of Iran's government before any military action is necessary. At least I hope so, if not, obviously you will see some strikes from the Israelis.
Yes, an internal revolt to give the Iran population is the best by far. Let them choose what they want and I'll bet it won't be a radical Islamic nut job for a leader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies