Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 09:24 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,884,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
I believe it's because Israel refuses to withdraw from territory they agreed to from the 67 war. Also, they keep expanding on the west bank in defiance of UN resolutions forbidding them to do so. Palistinians have a point but certainly not justification to lob rockets at women and children.
Why do people think that peace depends upon Israel withdrawing to the pre 1967 borders, when those SAME borders weren't good enough for the Arabs in 1967???

Israel will not commit suicide and will not let Iran annhilate her either (despite Chielgirl's most fervent "peaceful" wishes).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 09:27 PM

3,004 posts, read 3,884,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Israel needs to sit on its hands and quit playing their games, too.

Again, go join up, take your jingoistic attitude and volunteer for the military' make sure your kids and all of their friends join as well.
See what war is really like, not some silly movie or vague impression that you have.

Look at the photos of the 4,500 or so young citizens who have given their lives in this folly.
Look at the photos of the 30k+ who have been wounded, lost their families, friends and clarity.
Don't you dare minimize or glorify war.
And don't you dare minimize the consequences of sitting idly by while evil regimes take over the world and rape, torture, and murder their victims, or glorify pacifism, which is merely cowardice masquerading as nobility.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:04 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
So let them.

Or better yet, prove them wrong by all the good deeds done in the name of Allah. Isn't that the way it's supposed to work? You don't win friends and influence people by beheading reporters on TV.

Yes Omaha Rocks, you can say that again and again, those savage cowards, and their cowardly deeds. What is it with her.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:06 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
cant say, we dodged it bek we elected obama. that was my point of voting for him.
however if GOP gets back in its WWIII for sure.
i saw the posts about wanting israel to withdraw. why should they, the deal was land for peace. hammas broke the deal. time for the repo man.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:21 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
Israel was NOT created in 1948 (you even have that date wrong, actually).

The nation of Israel has existed for thousands of years. Alas, you miss the OBVIOUS point. Your hateful political ideology simply won't allow you to see that.

So again, WHOSE LAND IS IT? Those who have lived there for 60 years? Those who were living there 60 years ago? Those who were living there 600 years ago?

You just DON'T get it, do you?

Omaha Rocks I really like you. But hate to admit this she is right.
The declaration of establishment of the State of Israel was sign by members of the National Council on Friday May 14, 1948. But i like you and most of the time, agree with you and not her.

Old 12-31-2009, 01:52 AM

3,948 posts, read 4,304,292 times
Let's just pray that the answer to this question is "No." The US needs a break, but that break needs to start with our government giving us a break. Do you sense a war, economical weariness in the country? Imagine if we were in another war - that wouldn't be so good. Things would be evenworse here, people would really start feeling the stress of all of this. It really hurts a nation mental and social health when all these conflicts and ills are going on.

Old 12-31-2009, 02:05 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,473,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Omaha Rocks I really like you. But hate to admit this she is right.
The declaration of establishment of the State of Israel was sign by members of the National Council on Friday May 14, 1948. But i like you and most of the time, agree with you and not her.
And Israel was not admitted to the UN until May, 1949, and only then under the condition that it accepted UN Resolution 194, requiring the REPATRIATION OF ARAB REFUGEES. You may have noticed that the Israelis haven't gotten around to that yet.

So much for the fanciful claim by some that "the UN created Israel."

Old 12-31-2009, 06:16 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,573,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chattypatty View Post
And don't you dare minimize the consequences of sitting idly by while evil regimes take over the world and rape, torture, and murder their victims, or glorify pacifism, which is merely cowardice masquerading as nobility.
well said, it is cowardice that cause thousends more deaths in world warII.The europee,ons sat and watch while one crazy lunatic took over one country after another there by causing the warld war

Old 12-31-2009, 07:05 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Also
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDogX99x View Post
For the ones that are pro-war with Iran, I'm assuming that your the realistic type. The ones that don't believe a war with Iran is necessary, you appear to be the optimistic bunch. I'm not trying to put your beliefs down but when it happens are you going to support your own country or say F*** the U.S. were a bunch of idiots and move to Canada? You cant ignore the inevitable. As far as posing sanctions, "The economic hardship will fall mostly on the poor and middle class, but it won’t do much to hurt the intended targets. As a recent Brookings report notes, sanctions mean that more people will turn to smugglers for their daily supplies and occasional luxuries. And since the Guards (Iranian Revolutionary Guard) control the black markets, their power will only grow." The way things seem is that when we do pose sanctions, it'll make the Iranian government stronger to a certain extent. Then you add in propaganda and bang, the Iranian people who are uneducated and ill informed who will believe anything they hear. That's one of the main problems with Iraq and Afghanistan is that uneducated people are lead the wrong way by "tyrants", "terrorists" or what ever you like to call the bad guy. Whatever Hitler did back in WWII to gain such support was smart cause the Germans I wouldnt categorize as being uneducated. I by no means, support what he did but if he didn't have such F***ed views, he could have easily been one of the greatest world leaders of all time. To the genius who said that if we do go to war with Iran, they'll have millions of people who would die for their country. Armed civilians w.barely any training vs U.S. Army let alone the Marine Corps? Thats if there is any major ground fighting to begin with if we leave out the fact we'd probably bomb them to hell from the air. . . Irans problem is that apparently they dont know how to co-exist with the rest of the world, their lucky they got the oil to back themselves up or else they would be no where near where they are now. Point is there's no reason to argue something that will inevitably happen. We can argue ways to prevent it but I would be more concerned about arguing what to do when the day comes.
Oh great, a pro war viewpoint. Look, dude, the reason we are at WAR with Iraq is because WE STARTED IT.

If we start a war with Iran it will be because WE OR ISRAEL STARTED IT.

There are MILLIONS of innocent Iranians who will SUFFER if we start bombing their country. We also will strengthen their illegitimate government and give them cover for their crimes against the "Green Wave" (pro-Mousavi supporters who oppose the Iranian dictatorship)

And if I could take my job with me to Canada, and they'd allow me to work there, I'd leave tomorrow. This country is turning fascist and poses a greater threat to innocent civilians than all the terrorists have been able to accomplish because they do not have an ARSENAL OF HIGH PRICED WEAPONS at their disposal.

Oh, and one more thing: During WWII, we were on the RIGHT side of history. As we end the first decade of 2000, we are on the WRONG side if history.

Old 12-31-2009, 07:24 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badhornet View Post
Iran will be our 51st State
53rd. Iraq is 51, Afghanistan 52
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies