Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 09:51 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
You are spot on with your suggestion of simply DISENGAGING. We do a lot to aggravate other countries by forcing our way of life on them. The media cons us into thinking we are being generous by "saving" people in other countries from their evil ways. Who are WE to think that is our place to do that? How would WE like it if some other country's military took up residence here?
You will NEVER, EVER get an answer to those questions.

It's nice of you to at least ask them though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2010, 09:51 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
All i'm reading here is one big collective memory-loss of the events of 9/11. Perhaps you folks need to re-watch the footage of that day to remind you what this is all about. Yes, even grandmas need to be screened. Get over yourselves, your perpetuating the "me, me, me" of this society instead of the "us and ours" that you should be advocating.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:02 AM

757 posts, read 802,949 times
I bet I speak for most people when I say that I don't mind extra security if it helps deter terrorism. It's probably also worth mentioning that it was the Bush Adm who wanted security screenings to be done by the airlines.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
You are spot on with your suggestion of simply DISENGAGING. We do a lot to aggravate other countries by forcing our way of life on them. The media cons us into thinking we are being generous by "saving" people in other countries from their evil ways. Who are WE to think that is our place to do that? How would WE like it if some other country's military took up residence here?

If we simply LEFT OTHER COUNTRIES ALONE brought our troops home and kept them here on our soil, this country's borders would not only be 100,000 times better protected but we'd save a TON of money implementing a non-interventionist strategy (which is what Republicans USED to be in favor of in the old days before the Bushes and now Obama) and other countries might not resent us so much.

These unnecessary wars are all about the $$$ the payola for the government and corporate elites. In many cases the businesses in one country being attacked help the government of the opposing country by supplying arms to subsidize the country or what have you.

I was stunned to learn that our own IBM (International Business Machines) provided the punch card system to Hitler to help him keep track of everyone----a forunner to the radio/ gps chips they want to put on our license plates so the government can know where we are at every moment.

Things are getting PRETTY BAD and we can't afford to be passive any more. I hope we clean house in 2010 and all republicans and democrats up for re-election are replaced by independent outsiders ---and we institute TERM LIMITS. We need to take back control of our country the way the Founding Fathers wanted and intended for us in the Constitution.
Your collective misunderstanding of the the role of the United States of America in the past 200+ years is mindboggling. You dismiss this country's contribution to the world as if its non-existent.

I'm glad there are forums like this for you to get such ignorance off your chest. Because no one in the "real" world will accept it as anything more than the tripe that it is.

If I were a betting man, i'd bet that you are too young to even remember Ronald Reagan, but yet we're supposed to take your opinion as some sort of educated opinion? And if you're an older individual, you should be ashamed of being so ignorant of history. People like you, absent of the facts and full of unsubstantiated assertions, make me fear for this country more than our foreign policy does.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 01-08-2010 at 10:21 AM..

Old 01-08-2010, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
I bet I speak for most people when I say that I don't mind extra security if it helps deter terrorism. It's probably also worth mentioning that it was the Bush Adm who wanted security screenings to be done by the airlines.
Inaccurate to the core. Do you forget who created TSA? The bill he signed left open the "option" of a privatized screening force. When's the last time you were screened by someone other than TSA at a major airport?

Old 01-08-2010, 10:16 AM

146 posts, read 149,511 times
If you do not like the security checks just simply get back in that car that took you to the airport and drive to where you have to go. Flying is not a right, it is a privilege.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:20 AM

Aeroguy, unfortuantely more and more youngsters are stating that America is a terrorist country and we force ourselves on them and invade countries on our own for no reason. This is the garbage that the braindead liberal teachers and professors are teaching them. Kruschev said in the 50's that Communism will topple America without spilling a drop of blood, they will do it through our youth.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortified View Post
If you do not like the security checks just simply get back in that car that took you to the airport and drive to where you have to go. Flying is not a right, it is a privilege.
Bingo.

The OP is misguided beyond misguided.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:25 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
All i'm reading here is one big collective memory-loss of the events of 9/11. Perhaps you folks need to re-watch the footage of that day to remind you what this is all about. Yes, even grandmas need to be screened. Get over yourselves, your perpetuating the "me, me, me" of this society instead of the "us and ours" that you should be advocating.
Memory loss?

Based on the drivel you're filling this thread with, it is clear that many of us have forgotten more than you ever learned about the foundation of The United States of America. Individual liberty is the cornerstone of our Constitution and clearly the OP understands that much better than you do.

To my ignore list you go as I will not waste another moment on your pompous stupidity.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Memory loss?

Based on the drivel you're filling this thread with, it is clear that many of us have forgotten more than you ever learned about the foundation of The United States of America. Individual liberty is the cornerstone of our Constitution and clearly the OP understands that much better than you do.

To my ignore list you go as I will not waste another moment on your pompous stupidity.
individual liberty does not apply when it is a privilege. You have a choice not to fly, it is not a right. Why the arrogance and pompous stupidity?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies