Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 05:47 PM

59,255 posts, read 27,446,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
That's often the way DC works. I recall Cheney's still-secret closed door sessions with the oil barons early in 2001...
Do you still recall Hilary's closed door meetings with health care people?

More to the point. The Vice President, an elected official, is not the same as ALL of the democrat congress locking out other elected members of congress.

If you don't see the difference, there is no hope for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 05:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,913,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Whenever I see the term "common sense", I pretty much immediately dismiss whatever it is in reference to. I hate that term. It generally means "this is what I agree with".

Old 01-19-2010, 06:08 PM

4,156 posts, read 11,018,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
How do you expect the Republican Party to work with the Democrats when they have been locked out of everything and the bill is being crafted behind locked doors in the dead of night? hussein obama, his criminal administration along with the Democrat Party NEVER had any intention of being bipartisan. Don't believe the lies liberal media is feeding you. The Democrats have the majority and never needed Republicans to begin with. They know this health care con job is going to destroy what is left of our economy and they want to make sure the republicans are held responsible too, hense the lying propaganda that Republicans are not working with them.
To what end then?

Old 01-19-2010, 06:23 PM

8,276 posts, read 11,940,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Can you tell me a time when Republicans have had closed door meetings and shut out Democrats? Can you tell me a time when Republicans have not allowed open debate?

I cannot remember such a time. Perhaps you can refresh my memory.

I seem to recall Republicans and their "power sharing", which, thanks to Trent Lott, worked to their disadvantage.

Republicans have been all too fair. They have not learned that when they are the majority party, they must act like it, and wield their power (like the Democrats do).
"Republicans have been all too fair."

Let the laughter begin...but be careful, because it may never end..

Old 01-19-2010, 06:50 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,541,243 times
Quote:
You really have to wonder what is wrong with the liberals fighting for this health care bill. The people fighting against it arefighting against a bill that must be so bad the Democrats and hussein obama are hiding it from view. It makes perfect sense to fight against something like that and then we have the left fighting tooth and nail for something that have not seen, cannot see and have no idea what they are fighting for. Is that just plain nuts or what?
Im so tired of this. Everyone just about in my family has HC but if scott the joke wins and the republicans are allowed to maintain status quo I have already discussed that we should drop our HC and pocket that money every pay period. When we need any type of coverage we should just go to the ER and when they send the bill dont even open it straight to the trash can. The ins wont be there when you need it anyway.If you guys are allowed to do this we are doomed anyway and so why not enjoy the time we have. Free HC all the way to the ER

Old 01-19-2010, 06:52 PM

24,515 posts, read 33,352,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassVt View Post
"Republicans have been all too fair."

Let the laughter begin...but be careful, because it may never end..
I notice you didn't provide an example of Republicans having closed door meetings and shutting out Democrats.

Old 01-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Bub

235 posts, read 380,951 times
I dont put anyone down for their party..unless they always talk the "party line"...mainly cause I dont like sheep.

I say let the tea partiers...go for it.

If you and "your party", politicians, and canidate is so great, everyone will vote FOR them... ignorance says "if you think I'm bad...look at them"

Old 01-19-2010, 07:03 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,351,628 times
Quote:
You know that would work if the Democrats included the Republicans and they were able to show they were working against everything. As it is the Democrats are saying the Republicans are working against everything when they are included in nothing. Anyone with half a brain should demand their representitive fight against something that is being crafted behind closed doors because it is so bad.
Republicans let the public know they wanted to "break the president" months ago. I'm not saying it would be any different if Republicans were in power. I think the Dems would be doing the same thing.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:22 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,099,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
Republicans let the public know they wanted to "break the president" months ago. I'm not saying it would be any different if Republicans were in power. I think the Dems would be doing the same thing.

The country should want to break this president. He thinks he is a king. He is going behind the backs of congress to further his agenda with no respect or regard for the people he was elected to work for. He openly lies which is no different than spitting right in our faces. The Democrat congress is no better declaring they will get health care one way or the other even when they see the majority of the citizens are against this bill being written behind closed doors. So far the only invite has been SEIU, union thugs that is the biggest employer of illegal immigrants.

There are so many things he could do to drive down the cost of heath insurance but that is not the agenda, the agenda is more control over our lives and to tax us like in Europe. The Democrats and this president think we (that includes you too) have no say in our lives and are too stupid to know what we want.

This health care bill should be debated openly with everything open to the public. Our health care is too important to be done in a sneaky under-handed way behind closed doors.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:38 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,351,628 times
Quote:
The country should want to break this president. He thinks he is a king. He is going behind the backs of congress to further his agenda with no respect or regard for the people he was elected to work for. He openly lies which is no different than spitting right in our faces. The Democrat congress is no better declaring they will get health care one way or the other even when they see the majority of the citizens are against this bill being written behind closed doors. So far the only invite has been SEIU, union thugs that is the biggest employer of illegal immigrants.

There are so many things he could do to drive down the cost of heath insurance but that is not the agenda, the agenda is more control over our lives and to tax us like in Europe. The Democrats and this president think we (that includes you too) have no say in our lives and are too stupid to know what we want.

This health care bill should be debated openly with everything open to the public. Our health care is too important to be done in a sneaky under-handed way behind closed doors.
I hate to tell you this, but our tax rates are approaching that of Europe and all we get are rifle scopes with Bible verses engraved on them. Canadians average take home pay is a equal percentage to ours and their health insurance premiums are included! We spend twice as much on health insurance than they do anywhere else. The system is broken and is hurting small business!

I understand your poing on transparancy. But so what if we get to watch it on TV? Is screaming at the television set going to change anything? The bill is a handout to insurance and drug companies anyway. It's a sham!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies