Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2010, 11:03 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,601,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I never argued that. I believe you (or another poster) was saying just take the general ed classes and then you can decide. Which is not true. thanks for supporting my initial argument
Your initial statements were totally different yet with each of my posts you changed your argument.

I stood my ground but you didn't...I'm done with you.
If you have to win each time then there is no point debating with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2010, 11:03 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,769,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Is there an amount over $50 million that earns one a spot in the top 400? If yes, then that person is part of the 7% that "inherited more than $50 million."

Do you not understand mathematical limits?

ok you are right forbes just meant that 7 plus 6 equals 43.

Seriously please increase your ability to at least read what is written before interjecting your math into it:smack :

Old 01-23-2010, 11:06 PM

I just give up with people who run in circles trying to point out different things each time. every time getting further and further away from any reasonable point

Old 01-23-2010, 11:06 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,337,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Your initial statements were totally different yet with each of my posts you changed your argument.

I stood my ground but you didn't...I'm done with you.
If you have to win each time then there is no point debating with you.
I'll second that motion. There is no point in debating someone so intent on not accepting fact. Not sure why I even came back to this thread, but I know why I'm now leaving it, again.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
I'll second that motion. There is no point in debating someone so intent on not accepting fact. Not sure why I even came back to this thread, but I know why I'm now leaving it, again.

because you both run in circles and come up with new arguments everytime I point out that you are isolating arguments to prove your view of a larger picture

Old 01-23-2010, 11:15 PM

89,243 posts, read 44,992,944 times
Quote:
ok you are right forbes just meant that 7 plus 6 equals 43.

Seriously please increase your ability to at least read what is written before interjecting your math into it:smack :
I read EXACTLY what was written:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluskyz View Post
My info. on this aspect follows.

Looking at the Forbes 400 list--the 400 richest people in the US--it found that approx. 43% of the people on the list had inherited enough money outright to qualify for inclusion.

7% had origionally inherited more than $50 million, which they used to build more wealth (thereby gaining inclusion to the top 400)
6% had inherited more than $1 million but less than $50 million
"more than $50 million" would most certainly include any amount between $50 million and infinity, and would therefore include the amount inherited by those who had "inherited enough money outright to qualify for inclusion" on the top 400 list. Ask any mathematician.

Old 01-23-2010, 11:26 PM

980 posts, read 1,149,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Yep, "Free Trade" stinks! All those good jobs are now somewhere else and most of us get these low paying service sector jobs. We've been betrayed. Truly nationalistic parties, would not do that to their own people. That is not how patriots behave.

Oh but never mind that, because we've all been brainwashed by our high school teachers (desperately clinging to some of the few good jobs left in America and willing to sell out their students for a fist full of dollars) into believing that Trade Tariffs caused The Great Depression and our good buddy FDR saved us all from that, with Free Trade! Once The Republicans were soundly humiliated by The Democrats on that issue, they never brought it up again and its been Free Trade "Consensus" ever since.

Would you like to be taken seriously in Economics? Well, you'd better see the "wisdom" in Free Trade and the terrible suffering that Protectionism would inflict on America and, no doubt, on every child in The World

"keep sending us your jobs, you rich and fat Americans!!!"

Old 01-23-2010, 11:58 PM

1,040 posts, read 1,336,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
What does the spread matter? Wouldn't a more interesting metric be the (inflation adjusted) average income of the lower quartile of salaries? My bet it that it's gone up over the last hundred years.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:21 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,891,070 times
Quote:
really? really? kids in detroit ghettos have the same shot and education as the kids of multi-millionaires paying for them to attend high end private schools from age 4 through law school? wow you have no grasp on reality.
Maybe they could stop murdering their teachers.

Maybe they could stop destroying local businesses by not making the neighborhood a war zone.

Maybe since they are unemployed, they could spend their time fixing up the neighborhood in order to increase property values.

Kids in Detroit neighborhoods are the product of parents in Detroit. Kids of multi-millionaires are the product of their parents' hard work and values.

Stop blubbering and whining about injustices. It got old about 50 years ago.

Old 01-24-2010, 12:32 AM

3,004 posts, read 3,891,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
The irony is that those who "complain" about the wealthy are some of its biggest supporters... CEO's can't be rich if you don't buy their product (which you do), celebrities can't be rich if you don't reject the notion they deserved millions for saying a few lines (which liberals love), athletes can't be rich if you stop idolizing them, and business owners can't be rich if they don't take the risks and have public support behind them... its ironic that liberals "hate" these people and then go on to punish anyone BUT these people... it is ironic that 30% of the wealthy did not come from wealthy backgrounds and the liberals seek to kill them off so that they can save the other 70% who just "inherit" their money because the liberals love the Kennedy's, Rockfeller's, etc... its ironic... punishing success so that liberals can feel better about their own limited skills/talent/whatever...
Good points. Can't rep you any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies