Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Confederate Flag is a symbol of:
Racism, slavery, and segregation 129 49.62%
Southern culture, history, and freedom 131 50.38%
Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 05:42 PM

392 posts, read 559,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
May I inquire as to what school you learned the above statement??

Or, is it that you did not attend school - any school - whatsoever? Is this it?

For, I do not believe you learned the above statement in any school in the United States -
Evidently the question is not what school I went to but rather what school you went to. As I said, it is inevitable, strangely you selectively omitted that part; it is inevitable and government will eventually lose control over its masses and must hence forcefully eventually rule the herds of people by force and through more control; that is the job of government, whether we like it or not. It is a historical fact. No government will be perfect until Christ rules. For such a reason the NWO will come into play and government will be forced on people. you take the mark or die. It is that simple. So for one to blame the social ills of government on the north and the direction it took is just plain old stupidity.All governments will fail eventually except for Christ's. We are all in this fallen pardine together. So you are still suggesting, quite obviously that we fly the confederate flag and overthrow the one and only US government, because the southern pride is right and they were correct 150 years ago when they got their butts kicked, correct? In turn you are supporting the statement made in this post that it was the north's fault for the social ills of America; now that sounds identical to what you hear at KKK rallies and at other neo Natzi meetings. It displays extreme stupidity and igonoracne and a state of rebellion to satisfy one's need for social control over various cultures and races. I am so glad the south got slaughered, I could not imagine what state we would be in if they were in control. We woiuld have segregation, linchings, persecution against people of color, slavery, and a nasty ugly confederate flag flying in place of red, white and blue.

Praise GOd that vulgar symbol of racism has been banned from any Government institution flying it. The reason being our government has recognized it as being a seperatist group's symbol of racism.

Last edited by Gideon7620; 02-19-2010 at 05:54 PM..

Old 02-19-2010, 06:03 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,032,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon7620 View Post
That is very inaccurate. As a matter of fact we can generalize while most people whom fly the confederate flag are racist and backwards, most whom fly the American flag are not.
Maybe you should tell that to these guys:

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy226/rfg8069rep/Garbage/DB38A069E4A84F38BA778EA4D2EBFDA5.jpg (broken link)

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy226/rfg8069rep/Garbage/kkk-1920s.jpg (broken link)

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy226/rfg8069rep/Garbage/kkk-1960-al.jpg (broken link)

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy226/rfg8069rep/Garbage/kkk-float.jpg (broken link)

The name escapes me at the moment, but there was a group in the 30s and 40s that lobbied for peaceful relations between the US and Nazi Germany, they also flew the American flag right next to the Nazi flag.

Old 02-19-2010, 07:31 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,148,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
The name escapes me at the moment, but there was a group in the 30s and 40s that lobbied for peaceful relations between the US and Nazi Germany, they also flew the American flag right next to the Nazi flag.
And where did that group originate, again?

Vermont, was it?

Old 02-19-2010, 08:08 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon7620 View Post
That is very inaccurate. As a matter of fact we can generalize while most people whom fly the confederate flag are racist and backwards, most whom fly the American flag are not. Truly the confederate flag is a symbol of racism, backward red-neck, inbread hillbillies whom are stuck in the past. Most confederate flag flying communities are not only stuck in the past but know nothing about the current status and culture of the US. As I said, they are a bunch of retards stuck in the past.
Within the past year, there was an arrest of a man who headed a local financial investment company. This man was responsible for handling 10's of Millions of Dollars of clients monies - he was a very bright, articulate, intelligent man. He was no hillbilly. He was not a "red neck". But, he was a member - the head actually, of a Neo Nazi group. He is now in jail.

He was / is no "retard"

Old 02-19-2010, 08:09 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,521,234 times
Quote:
That was with the possible exception of flying the German Flag next to the US Flag, the Republican Party, they fought Roosevelt hard against the US entering the war.

The Conservatives have been on the wrong side of history as long as there has been history.

Old 02-20-2010, 05:16 AM

17 posts, read 12,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpt757100 View Post
Thanks for your response! Really thank you! Believe it or not I do have black friends, my neighbor is black and when we talk social issues I tell him the same thing! The funny thing is that he agrees with me most of the time! This man makes six figures and he has stated he would never be in this position if he would have blamed the white man for all of his downfalls. When ever a door slammed in his face he blamed himself and said that he has to better himself! He did not sit back and blame the white man for not getting a job or promotion. He looked at himself and stated what do I need to do to better myself and guess what? It worked for him! As it probably worked for you!!!!

I think the black community that constantly blames the white man for their downfalls does a huge disservice to people like you and my neighbor (professional African Americans)! The black community has to look themselves in the mirror and take ownership of the problems in their community and as long as they blame others the problems will never go away! One can not blame others and expect to fix their problems!

I'm glad to hear you are not offended over the Confederate Flag because as I stated earlier the only flag to fly on top of slave ships was the American Flag and not the Confederate Flag. Plus we can not go around banning our outlawing everything that we find offensive because every single American has something that offends them. Could you imagine if we banned or outlawed every single thing we found offensive???? We would have no freedoms left!
I agree with you that certain things like Affirmative action is no longer needed. People should be accepted into jobs and schools based on their skill, not they're race. If a company doesn't want to hire me based solely on my race, then that is okay. There are plenty of other employers and plenty of other ways to better myself so that the next time I go in for an interview, I will leave a good impression and get hired.

It is true, some people in the black community do blame the white man for all their problems. This one teacher I've met encouraged his students to go to a "black school" because the "white schools" don't want blacks in there anyway. I was just appalled at that statement. Certainely most white people aren't racist or have this hatred for blacks. Sorry, but I just won''t believe that.

Was that because the confederate flag wasn't even made up in that time? I don't really have a problem with the flag. One of my exes (an Alabama native) even had a confederate flag on his truck and in his yard. He was actually one of the nicest white people that I ever met. He treated me well and was raised to not hate anyone because of their skin color. Go figure.

Old 02-20-2010, 06:08 AM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
If a man died fighting against the United States of America, he was an enemy of the United States of America, it is impossible to see that in any other context. If he renounced his nation and fought against her, he was a traitor, and deserved the usual punishment for traitors.

If you display the flag of the traitors, what do you expect rational people to think of you?

Please name one Confederate soldier convicted of treason after the war?

Old 02-20-2010, 06:16 AM

177 posts, read 266,077 times
Southern party wagon......

Old 02-20-2010, 06:41 AM

177 posts, read 266,077 times

Old 02-20-2010, 07:21 AM

4,469 posts, read 7,194,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanGurl View Post
It just that of course the SCV will get negative remarks just because of what they stand for. So it's obvious that a lot of people feel the same way about the flag that I do.
Almost. The SCV garners negative remarks because of what people think they stand for. A small but salient difference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.