Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 09:06 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landobutter View Post
I think what's "pathetic" is the left's tired use of the race card all the freakin' time. Get over it; the rest of us have. You know, the conservatives who helped get the Civil Rights Act passed because you southern dems didn't want no uppity Negroes to have equal rights. You remember that Abe Lincoln fellow? You know, the republican president who signed something or other freeing the slaves. Sure you do.

But conservatives are desperate. OK.
What factsplease said. Plus, your examples are from a long time ago. Times change. Different ideas move from 'liberal' to 'conservative' and vice versa.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:10 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Perhaps if people would stop making a big deal out of everything the president does and making it seem as if he is the first or that everything he does is with mal intent, race wouldn't be brought into it. From putting his feet on the desk to showing his birth certificate, no other president has been called out for these things. What is the difference between him and others? How dare this boy try to act like the president. That is the mentality that some folks are working with. He is the president, get over that.
Good post.

Yup, when the repugs pick on where Obama puts his feet or whether or not he wears a jacket in the Oval Office, it is either complete stupidity or racism....their choice !

AND the repugs whine about playing the race card hoping to have free rein for their racism...NOPE! Not letting them off that easy....

Old 02-11-2010, 09:13 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,267,178 times
Quote:
I think what's "pathetic" is the left's tired use of the race card all the freakin' time. Get over it; the rest of us have. You know, the conservatives who helped get the Civil Rights Act passed because you southern dems didn't want no uppity Negroes to have equal rights. You remember that Abe Lincoln fellow? You know, the republican president who signed something or other freeing the slaves. Sure you do.

Color me surprised, you yourself just brought up race in your very own "stop screaming about race" post. Big fail for you. Next.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:17 PM

608 posts, read 924,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Perhaps if people would stop making a big deal out of everything the president does and making it seem as if he is the first or that everything he does is with mal intent, race wouldn't be brought into it. From putting his feet on the desk to showing his birth certificate, no other president has been called out for these things. What is the difference between him and others? How dare this boy try to act like the president. That is the mentality that some folks are working with. He is the president, get over that.
I'm with you on this. There's no need to pick on Obama about the little things. Now let's talk about him acting like a president...Does he listen to what the MAJORITY of the American people want? No. (See his joke of a healthcare bill him and his cronies tryed to ram down our throats.) Can Obama handle money well? No. (Like his predecessor, GWB, Obama's administration seems to enjoy wasting tax dollars on unwanted expenses such as cap and trade, and another stimulus package) Does he keep his promises? No. (Obama promised his voters that he'd close Gitmo and send our troops home from Iraq and Afganistan. Instead, he's increased troop levels and Gitmo remains open. He also promised millions of jobs by the end of 2009 during his election...where are these jobs?) In reality, Obama's race has very little to do with why he's widely criticised. Let's face the truth. He's the president. He'll be treated as such. His track record as president is questionable and at this point untrustworthy. People will see him for what he is and what he stands for, and they will treat him accordingly.

Old 02-11-2010, 09:19 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:

Only the totally uneducated would think that Republican of 150 years ago is the same as a Republican now.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:15 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,961,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Can't even find any full-size straws to grasp at?
What do we need with straws?

He has been a total failure and the polls confirm it.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:30 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,267,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What do we need with straws?

He has been a total failure and the polls confirm it.
Ya know, I'm gonna say it...I really don't understand your fascination w/underminding the president. I can understand being unsatisfied, I get that. But this constant hour by hour play by play is a little strange for even the most vehement. Eh, I guess some of us have fascinations...this just happens to be yours. I just only wished that I could spend so much time obsessing......ioooooooooooh.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:31 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,382,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Some of these are new, **All are from WH photographer Pete Souza**
This speaks volumes about the President of the United States

HotAirPundit: Remember When Other Presidents Had Respect For The Oval Office?
bentlebee, I can only dream of the ways your preferred leaders would treat the surfaces of desktops.

Do you really believe your leader have more deference for furniture than Obama????

RMAO!!!!!!!!

Old 02-11-2010, 10:34 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,229,680 times
Other presidents had respect for the oval office? Yes some did. What Obama is shown doing is nothing compared to what Clinton did.
This thread is a very weak attempt to hammer Obama. And no I am no big Obama fan.

Old 02-11-2010, 10:39 PM

1,313 posts, read 1,551,819 times
how many pages is this up to, by now????
I didn't vote for him, and I hate most of his policies, but GOOD GRIEF!!!! The guy can't do anything without being pounced on?????????????????????????????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies