Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 07:09 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,382,601 times

Advertisements

I think Jadex is just tremendously upset for other reasons than the feet on the desk. So many things to get riled about...so little time eh.

Old 02-13-2010, 07:16 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,145,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Some of these are new, **All are from WH photographer Pete Souza**
This speaks volumes about the President of the United States

HotAirPundit: Remember When Other Presidents Had Respect For The Oval Office?
Funny, we do these things where I work, and nobody thinks anything about it. It's just a room. It's not supernatural or something. It's a room where the president works. You don't RESPECT ROOMS, you respect people. Respect has to be earned. Rooms cannot earn respect.

Frankly, I'm surprised it wasn't a basketball though. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-13-2010, 09:30 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Funny, we do these things where I work, and nobody thinks anything about it. It's just a room. It's not supernatural or something. It's a room where the president works. You don't RESPECT ROOMS, you respect people. Respect has to be earned. Rooms cannot earn respect.

Frankly, I'm surprised it wasn't a basketball though. LOL

20yrsinBranson
Did you ever notice in those pictures that the furniture is a bit nicer than the desks most of you folks work at? How about the color and the fact that the dark colors scratch so much easier? The throwing of a football is ok but look at all the mirrors. Oh yeah, it won't cost anything but tax money to replace any of those things.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:10 AM

3 posts, read 2,969 times
Cool Obama/Bush feet propped on desk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
There it goes....playing the race card.....okay, if it makes you feel better...You are correct, yes, that is the only way...yaddy yaddy yaddy
I am not playing the race card, since I am not a minority. I am just saying that is seemed so many of the far right jumped on the band wagon complaining about it when all along, Bush did the same thing, as I am sure most past presidents have done while in the Oval Office meeting with advisors. It sends a message that the person is staking his territory; typical male body language.

I personally and sick of the holier-than-thou far right religious right, moral majority, Christian Coalition bashing Obama; and I am also tire of the far left liberals wanting to allow amnesty to those people who are here illegally in this country.

It's time that congress grew up and stopped bashing each others party and start trying to meet in the middle.

Regardless of the fact that there are two major political parties which most citizens seem to be swallowed up in them, instead of becoming an Independent and stand in the middle of the road making some concessions and trying to at least find a happy medium that everyone can live with instead of dividing the country.

So take your Yadda Yadda Yadda and put it on the BBQ!!!

Old 02-26-2010, 12:14 AM

3 posts, read 2,969 times
Cool Obama/Bush feet propped on desk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
There it goes....playing the race card.....okay, if it makes you feel better...You are correct, yes, that is the only way...yaddy yaddy yaddy

I am not playing the race card, since I am not a minority. I am just saying that is seemed so many of the far right jumped on the band wagon complaining about it when all along, Bush did the same thing. I am sure past presidents have all done this. It is male body language that says they have claimed that as their territory.

I personally and sick of the holier-than-thou far right religious right, moral majority, Christian Coalition bashing Obama; and I am also tire of the far left liberals wanting to allow amnesty to those people who are here illegally in this country.

]t's time that congress grew up and stopped bashing each others party and start trying to meet in the middle.

Regardless of the fact that there are two major political parties which most citizens seem to be swallowed up in them, instead of becoming an Independent and stand in the middle of the road making some concessions and trying to at least find a happy medium that everyone can live with instead of dividing the country.

So take your Yadda Yadda Yadda and put it on the BBQ!!!

Old 02-26-2010, 12:21 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,091,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Some of these are new, **All are from WH photographer Pete Souza**
This speaks volumes about the President of the United States

HotAirPundit: Remember When Other Presidents Had Respect For The Oval Office?

It doesn't take pictures to know this con man has no respect for his office.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:13 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It doesn't take pictures to know this con man has no respect for his office.

Nor does it take a genius to understand the agenda of some is to bash him, reason or none, justified or not, fact or fiction

Hardly surprising to see the FAUX outrrage expressed by those with more 'concern' for furniture than human beings.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:17 AM

172 posts, read 298,384 times
It's extremely hard for me to take threads like this seriously. Some people will get upset over anything. I'm waiting for a video of Obama sneezing without covering his mouth and the accusations that he is trying to get people sick. Grow up people.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:32 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonepalmhc View Post
It's extremely hard for me to take threads like this seriously. Some people will get upset over anything. I'm waiting for a video of Obama sneezing without covering his mouth and the accusations that he is trying to get people sick. Grow up people.

I'm just waiting for any of the tighty-righty-whineys to show where they've been just as 'outraged' in the past over Bush's feet on the desk as they allegedly are now with Obama's. Otherwise I'll just chalk it uo to the normal NeoConfused hypocrisy.

Old 02-26-2010, 04:55 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,741,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
He doesnt have any business putting his feet up there either

Bush doing something doesnt make it ok for Obama to do. Neither 1 needs to be putting their feet on that desk
nice backpeddle ...

at least Obama isn't on his hands and knees looking for WMD's under the furnitue. At least nobody has been killed when Obama puts his feet on the furniture or tosses a football around the office. How many people were killed in Iraq because of Bush's lies about WMD's AND HE JOKES ABOUT IT.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies