Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 09:55 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,232,791 times

Advertisements

Republicans Spying on Democrats - Another Watergate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
4 charged in phone scheme at La. senator's office - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100126/ap_on_re_us/us_senator_s_office_arrests - broken link)
So, how's that Spy vs Spy thing coming for ya?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 09:57 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,399,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
I was depending on the liberal media, who got it all wrong.
Should I even ask what makes AP and the local paper "liberal media"? Naw, that'd be another string, 'sides you couldn't show anything anyway.

Gosh darn, lookie here, FOX news has turned to the liberal media for news! What a scandal.

FOXNews.com - ACORN 'Pimp' Touted 'Project' Before Phone Tampering Charges

Old 01-28-2010, 10:04 PM

301 posts, read 282,940 times
Do you remember this? 31 (Thirty-One) REPUBLICANS supported this resolution. Ahhh, such good judges of *intelligence* those 31 Republican were. lol As Dave Weigel notes, O'Keefe had become a conservative media star since the ACORN sting. Rep. Pete Olson (R-TX) even introduced a resolution praising O'Keefe and his partner, would-be prostitute Hannah Giles, for their diligent investigative journalism. In a statement announcing the resolution, Olson said, Hannah and James should be applauded for their efforts to root out corruption and abuse of federal tax dollars. He also claimed O'Keefe was setting an example for concerned citizens across America.The following 31 House Republicans cosponsored Olson's measure, which declared that O'Keefe was owed a debt of gratitude by the people of the United States.FLASHBACK: 31 House Republicans Supported Resolution Honoring Alleged Felon James O'Keefe | Media Matters Action Network

Old 01-28-2010, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworking View Post
Do you remember this? 31 (Thirty-One) REPUBLICANS supported this resolution. Ahhh, such good judges of *intelligence* those 31 Republican were. lol As Dave Weigel notes, O'Keefe had become a conservative media star since the ACORN sting. Rep. Pete Olson (R-TX) even introduced a resolution praising O'Keefe and his partner, would-be prostitute Hannah Giles, for their diligent investigative journalism. In a statement announcing the resolution, Olson said, Hannah and James should be applauded for their efforts to root out corruption and abuse of federal tax dollars. He also claimed O'Keefe was setting an example for concerned citizens across America.The following 31 House Republicans cosponsored Olson's measure, which declared that O'Keefe was owed a debt of gratitude by the people of the United States.FLASHBACK: 31 House Republicans Supported Resolution Honoring Alleged Felon James O'Keefe | Media Matters Action Network
He'll end up getting a job as a commentator with FOX news.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:25 PM

301 posts, read 282,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theolsarge View Post
He'll end up getting a job as a commentator with FOX news.
Hopefully after spending some time in a federal prison.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworking View Post
Hopefully after spending some time in a federal prison.
Not if the judge is a republican . . . hopefully the U.S. Attorney down there isn't. I can see 'em letting them go if the US Marshals didn't cross their Ts and dot their Is when reading their rights as the gang was arrested.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:43 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre57 View Post
He was paid by a right winger Breitbart. People might wonder, who else is involved?
FreakOutNation » James O’Keefe Is Paid By Breitbart (whoops!)
Just because someone in the media reports or investigates a story that is positive for the GOP (or negative for the democrats), it doesn't mean they speak for or represent all of or any part of the GOP. Maybe if the worked for a republican senator or rep (or the RNC), that could be said. Many people feel MSNBC has a liberal bias but, is doesn't mean speak for the democratic party in any way.

Being paid by Breitbart doesn't mean he or Breitbart represent or speak for the GOP. Technically, he's a freelance journalist....which makes him self-employed. A media outlet may pay him to use a story he has but, that doesn't make him an employee.....he gets 1099 for taxes....he doesn't fill out a W-2 to get paid for a story. A W-2 is what you fill out when someone hires you and puts you on their payroll as an employee so among other things they can withhold federal and state taxes as well as social security from your paycheck (they must also match your social security payment). Even if he was an employee though, as I already said, that doesn't mean he speaks for the GOP.

This wouldn't change that either but, did you read this part of the article you linked me to:

Quote:
Breitbart also said that O’Keefe “was not involved in anything that was related to Big Government, or Breitbart.com” when he was arrested.”

Old 01-28-2010, 10:49 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,436,354 times
I can't watch what you linked me to because my computer won't let me. Judging by what the link says though, I don't care if he even worked for FOX full-time, that doesn't mean he speaks or represents the GOP in any way. FOX may favor conservatives but, it doesn't turm them into the GOP.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:27 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,053,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
Hardly. This story is yet another example of the GOP going too far to try and "prove" something. In this case they are willing to break the law in order to do it. Here, on this forum, the same type of behavior is seen. The same group who scream about Acorn all day, and make ridiculous assertions about "voter fraud" also create fake user accounts to vote in polls. The irony is obviously lost on them, and you.

You mean like the Dumnocrats do here in Louisiana, like busing in the voters and paying them with fried chicken to vote for them. Heck, even dead people, dogs and cats vote here for the Dumnocrats.

busta

Old 01-29-2010, 05:19 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,235,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danno3314 View Post
Just because someone in the media reports or investigates a story that is positive for the GOP (or negative for the democrats), it doesn't mean they speak for or represent all of or any part of the GOP. Maybe if the worked for a republican senator or rep (or the RNC), that could be said. Many people feel MSNBC has a liberal bias but, is doesn't mean speak for the democratic party in any way.

Being paid by Breitbart doesn't mean he or Breitbart represent or speak for the GOP. Technically, he's a freelance journalist....which makes him self-employed. A media outlet may pay him to use a story he has but, that doesn't make him an employee.....he gets 1099 for taxes....he doesn't fill out a W-2 to get paid for a story. A W-2 is what you fill out when someone hires you and puts you on their payroll as an employee so among other things they can withhold federal and state taxes as well as social security from your paycheck (they must also match your social security payment). Even if he was an employee though, as I already said, that doesn't mean he speaks for the GOP.

This wouldn't change that either but, did you read this part of the article you linked me to:
You call an attempt to impersonate a telephone tech POSITIVE? Houston, we have a problem with this poster, doesn't know right from wrong, only RIGHT.
And, Rush Limpbag, Hannity, O'Reilly, or the rest of the right wing media does not represent the views of REPUGS?
I do believe you have perception problems or are delusional.
Nice drivel, now onto bigger and better things, W-2's and paying taxes, very good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies