Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 12:20 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
She graduated from Harvard Law School in 1988! She met Barack while working at a law firm. So I would want Michelle Obama to represent me over Todd Palin in a court of law.

If I was going to skin a reindeer, then I would choose Todd. So he's not completely worthless.

What exact qualifications do you think Todd Palin has to govern a state? Not that Sarah was qualified.
I guess that the original poster doesn't realize how many people choose undergrad work in English prior to a law degree. They will spend a great part of their careers writing and a bit of education probably wouldn't hurt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 12:40 PM

5,407 posts, read 7,797,311 times
Sarah deseves a good spanking.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:42 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I guess that the original poster doesn't realize how many people choose undergrad work in English prior to a law degree. They will spend a great part of their careers writing and a bit of education probably wouldn't hurt.
Actually I do but if it makes you feel better to pretend I dont.. feel free. Considering we are discussing Mr Palins involvment as a "consultant", tell me what a "law" degree has to do with being a consultant..

Old 02-06-2010, 04:55 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,835,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Do you want to provide a source for this, or should we just take your word for it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn
You might want to do some research on this assumption of yours. Almost all of the ethics complaints and lawsuits against Palin were initiated by Republicans or Conservatives.

I guess Fox News forgets to include this tidbit in their fair and balanced reporting!
palingates: Sarah Palin - ethics complaints and lawsuits (lists)

Meet Andree McLeod, Sarah Palin's Worst Nightmare: Christopher Bateman | Vanity Fair (http://www.vanityfair.com/online/politics/2009/07/meet-sarah-palins-worst-nightmare.html - broken link)

Quote:
McLeod is a Republican, and she was once a Palin ally. In fact, she was integral to Palin’s effort to oust state Republican party chairman Randy Ruedrich from Alaska’s Oil and Gas Conservation Commission in 2003 after it emerged that he had used his state email account for political purpos
es.

Alaska Politics Blog : Ethics complaint: Palin should keep campaign talk off state property | adn.com

Quote:
Henning said he worked for Conoco Phillips until 2005 and now works on the North Slope as an environmental coordinator for Pioneer Natural Resources. He is a member of a Valley conservative group called the Last Frontier Foundation –- tax hawk and property rights activist Penny Nixon is the chairman, he said -- but filed the complaint on his own behalf.
This is interesting!

Quote:
The lawsuit was brought by Gregory Charles Royal, a musician who met Sarah Palin in 1991 when The Duke Ellington Orchestra toured Alaska. On that occasion, Sarah Palin told Royal that she does not "talk" or "mess with" Black men.
palingates: Sarah Palin: another day, another lawsuit

Where did you get the impression that these lawsuits and ethics complaints were from liberals?

Old 02-06-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You are aware, I'm sure that Andrée McLeod is the "reuplican" you are referring to. Do you also know Andree applied for a job in the Palin admin, and was turnrd down.

And I'm sure you know Palin bucked the reuplican party when she ran for Governor. You don't think they might bo out for revenge, do you?

You might want to check out the why of things before posting.
She is still a Republican! We can't help it Republicans eat their own!

Old 02-06-2010, 05:12 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,966,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
palingates: Sarah Palin - ethics complaints and lawsuits (lists)

Meet Andree McLeod, Sarah Palin's Worst Nightmare: Christopher Bateman | Vanity Fair (http://www.vanityfair.com/online/politics/2009/07/meet-sarah-palins-worst-nightmare.html - broken link)

es.

Alaska Politics Blog : Ethics complaint: Palin should keep campaign talk off state property | adn.com

This is interesting!

palingates: Sarah Palin: another day, another lawsuit

Where did you get the impression that these lawsuits and ethics complaints were from liberals?
All dismissed, right? All frivolous.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:30 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Thanks for the info.. now do you want to tell me what was exposed in the emails?

Old 02-07-2010, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
All dismissed, right? All frivolous.
The point is that almost all of the ethic complaints and lawsuits were initiated by Republicans/Conservatives.

It is the Republicans/Conservatives who bring on frivolous money and time wasting complaints for political agendas as your question,
Quote:
"All dismissed, right? All frivolous."
points out.

Old 02-07-2010, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Thanks for the info.. now do you want to tell me what was exposed in the emails?
Sure!

Quote:
Nearly 3,000 pages of e-mails that Todd Palin exchanged with state officials, which were released to msnbc.com and NBC News by the state of Alaska under its public records law, draw a picture of a Palin administration where the governor's husband got involved in a judicial appointment, monitored contract negotiations with public employee unions, received background checks on a corporate CEO, added his approval or disapproval to state board appointments and passed financial information marked "confidential" from his oil company employer to a state attorney.
Quote:
You can read all those e-mails in msnbc.com's searchable online archive, created in cooperation with a legal services company, Crivella West.
Palin e-mails reveal a powerful ‘first dude’ - Politics- msnbc.com

Old 02-07-2010, 09:02 AM

59,138 posts, read 27,349,464 times
I think it ironic how the dems always say the repubs do not have minds of their own. That they march lock step in line to any thing the paerty says. Then Palin comes along and demonstrates individual thinking and bucks the party. Beats the part entrenched politicals and now they want to bloat about the ethics complaints are from reups, all of them were not. You can't have it both ways.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies