Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 08:53 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
You clearly did not read it. It specifically says something about reducing the cost of care. Nice try though.
you clearly didnot read it.....its said reduce cost...but never EXPLAINED HOW

are you 16 ?????

I have been for the last hour ASKING HOW

dont you get it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 08:54 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,867,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
you clearly didnot read it.....its said reduce cost...but never EXPLAINED HOW

are you 16 ?????

I have been for the last hour ASKING HOW

dont you get it
Read the link. Looks like you just didn't get what you read? It was written in English.

Old 02-05-2010, 08:55 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
No. There was an index. But you would't know.

They sum it up pretty nicely.

House-Passed and Senate Health Bills Reduce Deficit, Slow Health Care Costs, and Include Realistic Medicare Savings — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

I did. I told him he's spreading liues. Clear enough, even for you.
Your link is crap. Any headline that uses the word "Realistic" is intrinsically biased.

Why didn't you catch that Mr. Healthcare Bill? Could it be that you read only sources of information that agree with your ideals?

Old 02-05-2010, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Your link is crap. Any headline that uses the word "Realistic" is intrinsically biased.

Why didn't you catch that Mr. Healthcare Bill? Could it be that you read only sources of information that agree with your ideals?
Prove it to me that the link is crap. You can't? I thought so. Since I read it myself, I know the link is correct anyway.
And no, the link sums everything up, not jsut what I agree with. Again, you need to start reading it. But I got a life, I don't have much time to explain every little detail to me. Feel free to shoot me a PM, then I'll try my best to explain everything to you in as much detail as possibile. Perhaps even you will understand.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:01 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,328,091 times
From your link:
Quote:
If given the appropriate financial incentives, providers will find ways to strengthen the delivery of primary care, use the results of comparative effectiveness research to select high-value treatments, employ electronic health records (for which the February 2009 stimulus bill provides substantial funding) to manage and coordinate care, and make other needed improvements in the health care delivery system.
Allow me to translate for you: Doctors will be forced to work more for less pay.

Awesome plan you got there.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:02 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,488,320 times
Quote:
No. There was an index. But you would't know.

They sum it up pretty nicely.

House-Passed and Senate Health Bills Reduce Deficit, Slow Health Care Costs, and Include Realistic Medicare Savings — Center on Budget and Policy Priorities

I did. I told him he's spreading liues. Clear enough, even for you.
so you just PROVED yourself a LIAR

multiple times in it it says """""Slow Health Care Costs,"""""............it says NOTHING about lowering....slowing is not LOWERING

it (the article (which is not the bill)) talks about INSURANCE COSTS....""""In Medicare, the biggest savings in the bills stem from reducing or eliminating overpayments to private insurance companies that participate in Medicare Advantage, reducing annual payment updates """""

you dont get it....it(the article and the bills)(btw this article was writen just after the house bill passed but before the senate billl) all it talks about is INSURANCE costs and the administrative costs of INSURANCE

if a case of gauze rolls costs $10, it will still cost $10..plus it will go up with inflation....these bill do NOTHING to LOWER the costs

Old 02-05-2010, 09:02 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Prove it to me that the link is crap. You can't? I thought so. Since I read it myself, I know the link is correct anyway.
And no, the link sums everything up, not jsut what I agree with. Again, you need to start reading it. But I got a life, I don't have much time to explain every little detail to me. Feel free to shoot me a PM, then I'll try my best to explain everything to you in as much detail as possibile. Perhaps even you will understand.
Exactly what I expected. A principally biased link is used to sum up your "proof" that you know the healthcare bill inside and out. This couldn't be any more falacious. For this to pass the laugh test, you yourself would need to be able to compare and contrast the "realistic" data provided by your link to that of the opposition, which believes that the Healthcare Bill does NOT have the propogated healthcare savings.

And the nail in the coffin? None other than this braggadocio from the website you linked:

“Among the alphabet soup of think tanks and partisan advocacy groups covering tax and budget issues, the CBPP has carved out a niche as being socially liberal, fiscally conservative, and academically rigorous.”

In other words, their own stated agenda is to push socially liberal programs, and are doing so by claiming it has a fiscally conservative angle.

Are you with me so far?

Old 02-05-2010, 09:10 PM
CSG

201 posts, read 383,128 times
Just who is the CPBB? Well, let's see who supports them:

"What Others Say About the Center

* “The invaluable Center on Budget and Policy Priorities … [has] been the go-to resource for consistently reliable analysis on matters of budgets and fiscal policy at every level of government.”
- Vice President Biden
* “[i]n a political environment rife with ideological warfare and poisoned by partisanship, the Center’s knack for getting things done sets it apart from . . . well, from just about everybody else in Washington.”
- Steven Pearlstein, Pulitzer Prize-winning columnist for the Washington Post
* “The Center is one of the nation’s premier policy organizations. Its analysis is used by policymakers and nonprofit organizations across the political spectrum.”
- Independent Sector
* “Among the alphabet soup of think tanks and partisan advocacy groups covering tax and budget issues, the CBPP has carved out a niche as being socially liberal, fiscally conservative, and academically rigorous.”
- CQ Today
* “[F]or more than 20 years [the Center] has established itself as the premier authority on budgetary issues … because its record for scrupulous accuracy is unblemished and because the Center’s work is as carefully consumed by the government officials it watches as by the activists it serves.”
- Tom Oliphant of the Boston Globe
* “[The Center’s] statistical work is absolutely impeccable. If you care about [fiscal issues], check CBPP’s site regularly for updates.”
- New York Times columnist Paul Krugman
* “[The Center's] experience — focusing on the production of rigorous, high-quality work that is organized around a commitment to low-income citizens — suggests that it is possible to exhibit both commitment and rigor.”
- Beryl Radin, Beyond Machiavelli: Policy Analysis Comes of Age"

Why, it seems to be a lefty biased non-profit!! Color me surprised.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
so you just PROVED yourself a LIAR

multiple times in it it says """""Slow Health Care Costs,"""""............it says NOTHING about lowering....slowing is not LOWERING

it (the article (which is not the bill)) talks about INSURANCE COSTS....""""In Medicare, the biggest savings in the bills stem from reducing or eliminating overpayments to private insurance companies that participate in Medicare Advantage, reducing annual payment updates """""

you dont get it....it(the article and the bills)(btw this article was writen just after the house bill passed but before the senate billl) all it talks about is INSURANCE costs and the administrative costs of INSURANCE

if a case of gauze rolls costs $10, it will still cost $10..plus it will go up with inflation....these bill do NOTHING to LOWER the costs
Didn't they teach you how to read in elementary school? Open the link and read it.

Quote:
First, despite charges to the contrary, the health bills approved by the House and pending in the Senate contain a wide range of measures to reform the nation’s health care system and moderate the growth of health care costs over time
It's really a shame that you Republicans are not able to read even simple English. I even said that this website sums it up. You need to read the actual bill to understand where they lower the cost.
Read all of the paragraphs. It also says something about lowering. Btw, does the bill of the Repubs says lowering also? Oh wait, they don't have one.
Again, you just need to read. It's easy, trust me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Exactly what I expected. A principally biased link is used to sum up your "proof" that you know the healthcare bill inside and out. This couldn't be any more falacious. For this to pass the laugh test, you yourself would need to be able to compare and contrast the "realistic" data provided by your link to that of the opposition, which believes that the Healthcare Bill does NOT have the propogated healthcare savings.

And the nail in the coffin? None other than this braggadocio from the website you linked:

“Among the alphabet soup of think tanks and partisan advocacy groups covering tax and budget issues, the CBPP has carved out a niche as being socially liberal, fiscally conservative, and academically rigorous.”

In other words, their own stated agenda is to push socially liberal programs, and are doing so by claiming it has a fiscally conservative angle.

Are you with me so far?
You don't like the link I provided? Fine, that's ok with me. Feel free to fact check and come back. That sounds fair, doesn't it? Go through the bill and prove it wrong.

Old 02-05-2010, 09:45 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puglywump View Post
He is not just "big Al." He happens to be a senator from the Great State of Minnesota who is trying to do something to improve this country!
Your improvement is my detriment..

Tell me your sob story about how you cant afford medical costs or something so we can all weap for you..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies