Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 12:35 AM

301 posts, read 282,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
It seems that you din't read my previous posts. I said the following: the reason why she does not go away is because people in this forum, the news media, etc., do not let her go away. Does she own the US news media? Lets say that nobody in this forum mentions or posts about Palin. In this case, who is going to respond to a question or statement that is not being made? But all one primarily sees in this forum are posts about Palin, and issues relating to homosexuality, therefore these two subjects will never go away.

There are stupid and fascist people, extreme left wingers, etc. on both sides. Some are Obamabots, some are Palinators. And don't believe for a minute that only your side is the right one.
Why would you assume that people who post in this forum have no sense of humor? The news media focuses on the amazingly funny things Palin says and does. They do that because people like to laugh. The name Palin could disappear from this forum forever and her name would not disappear from the *news media* because, like Dan Quayle, Sarah does and says dumb and funny things. Should we all put on blinders?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2010, 08:43 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
A golden retriever can out-debate Palin as another poster put it. The only way she can stay in the news and gain any attention nowadays is by taking gimmicky jabs at the President and millions others with her "hopey, changey" line. The only reason I want Palin around is so i can LMAO at how stupid she is and to see Tina Fey make a mockery out of her.

If McCain hadn't chosen her as vice-president, the election would have been much, much closer. I thought McCain had his act together, I wouldn't mind him being president either.
I agreed, I proably could have dealt with McCain providing that the repubs would let him be who he is instead of what they tried to make him be. Oh and have a real running mate

Old 02-11-2010, 08:52 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmagana View Post
I just don't get why she is so polarizing. She is a less-than one term Governor from Alaska. Big deal. Now she is just a citizen.

I really don't get why so many people absolutely hate and belittle her all the time. Regardless of what the far left my say, she is obviously not stupid. Otherwise, they wouldn't be trying so hard to destroy this "stupid" woman unless they were actually afraid of her.

On the flip side... why do so many people love her? I don't get that either. I get that she reflects a lot of values that the right likes, but that's about it. To my knowledge she has never written any ground-breaking legislation or suggested any policies that will get us out of our current mess. To be fair though, Obama never wrote any meaningful legislation either and the left was falling over themselves to go vote for him... so if the right wants their version of "Obama" I guess she fits the bill, but other than that I have no idea why so many are chanting Palin 2012.

I'm not saying I would or would not vote for her. I'd have to hear more... for all I know she might make a fine President. All I'm saying is that I don't know why she is so picked on by the left and so revered by the right. What's she done aside from campaigning with McCain?

In case anyone is wondering and in the interest of full disclosure, I am an Independent. I have no agenda when it comes to Palin, I just find everyone's obsession with her strange. I don't care for Obama these days, but I am not ready to jump on this current Republican bandwagon either.
To be truthful the REAL republicans can't stomach her either and that is including Big Daddy Rush. I think that they just just tolerate her for now.
Think about it, she is a constant contradiction. This woman does not strike fear in anyone all that she does is strike a nerve to the intelligence of the (thinking) American people. When was the last time that a president was elected without either a degree from a reputable college, served in the military or completed a full term in office (governship, senate, or house)

Old 02-12-2010, 06:25 AM

45,422 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Now there are disreputable colleges? And you guys wonder why the elitist label is thrown at you.
Reagan-Eureka College
Nixon-Whittier College
Johnson-Southwest Texas Teacher's College
Truman-none

Old 02-12-2010, 07:05 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,116,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh, we don't want her to go away.

She is in the perfect position to pound away on obama's policies and highlight to the public his lies, scandals, empty rhetoric, broken promises and more lies.

She won't go away because she gets paid more now than the elected office she quit.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:30 PM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
She will go away, but not without making a lot of noise and raising as much money for herself as she can.

Today's WaPo has one of the best pieces yet I've seen on her; well worth reading.

Excerpts:

- Sarah Palin's best quality is that she has none at all. She exists for both her friends and enemies as a fantasy figure.

- for both the right and the left, Palin is not a leader. She neither founded nor leads a movement and has no ideas of her own. She's a validator, satisfying her audience's narcissistic urge to be told they are correct in their thinking. They look at her and see themselves.

- The lady from Alaska is a phony. She has sold out for money, quitting office so that she could cash in. ... She was neither a threat to the left nor an opportunity for the right, but just a fantasy -- until the American people turned the lights on.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 02-16-2010, 01:37 PM

2,016 posts, read 5,206,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh, we don't want her to go away.
She is in the perfect position to pound away on obama's policies and highlight to the public his lies, scandals, empty rhetoric, broken promises and more lies.

Wait a minute, who exactly are you talking about?'

Lies
Scandals
Empty rhetoric
Broken promises
More Lies

Sounds like you're describing Palin to the "t". So, how is she in any position to judge anyone else when she herself sucks to the nth degree?????

Old 02-16-2010, 01:51 PM

918 posts, read 817,228 times
Default jojajn

Originally Posted by jojajn
Palin can give good speeches mocking others. It does not require intelligence or knowledge to criticize. Sarah demonstrates a severe lack of knowledge about policy issues, foreign affairs, or economic matters. Her speeches are lacking any policy ideas of her own.

Anyone who thinks she would make a good president obviously has little knowledge themselves about these issues. If one is ignorant about the issues, one cannot recognize this ignorance in others.

If Palin were to be elected, our country would become a idiocracy!
----------------------------------------------------------------------
With this statement you have erred. It DOES require intelligence and knowledge to criticize. It doesn't require intelligence and knowledge to rant. The succeeding comments on "Sarah" actually do have some merit. The final conclusion is flawed though jojajn, as you are espousing a situation wherein you affirm the current status quo under Obama! A new President cannot replicate what a current President has already wrought.

Old 02-16-2010, 06:45 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Palin is a stupid bimbo who can't even raise her kids properly. Why would anyone want to trust her with government when she can't even take care of her household??? She neglects her kids, her daughter even went off and got pregnant, seeking love and affirmation from her boyfriend when it should have come from her mom, but her mom couldn't be bothered to be a mother because she was out playing "maverick" and "conservative mouthpiece".
I'm not quite caught up on SP, but how does she neglect her kids?

So if SP was a working mother at a menial job making minimum wage and her daughter "went off and got pregnant" (it was on purpose?) and not involved in politics would you see her in the same light?

Quote:
She is a true idiot who has no morals, and she is no Christian if her behavior is any reflection of her values and beliefs.
How so?

Old 02-16-2010, 06:49 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,487,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Can someone PLEASE explain to me why would you want someone to run for presidency if they would not even finish their term as governor? So I guess if the going gets tough in the White House she will just get up and quit. Do you Palinites find solace in this or can you explain it to the rest of us......perferably in a sentence or paragraph that makes sense and does not mention Obama?
Nope. So:

Did Obama finish his term as Senator?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies