Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 10:59 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,201,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
A golden retriever can out-debate Palin as another poster put it. The only way she can stay in the news and gain any attention nowadays is by taking gimmicky jabs at the President and millions others with her "hopey, changey" line. The only reason I want Palin around is so i can LMAO at how stupid she is and to see Tina Fey make a mockery out of her.

If McCain hadn't chosen her as vice-president, the election would have been much, much closer. I thought McCain had his act together, I wouldn't mind him being president either.
The reason why she stays in the news is because of people like the OP, you and others. In fact, nobody would respond to posts about Palin if there weren't any posted in this forum.

In relation to McCain, he would have never won against Obama. He could not even beat Bush (not as liberal) in the primaries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 11:01 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,748,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
The reason why she stays in the news is because of people like the OP, you and others. In fact, nobody would respond to posts about Palin if there weren't any posted in this forum.
Ray, this forum isn't the news. She'd still be yapping at whatever camera she can stick her face in front of even if this forum and others didn't even exist.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Ray, this forum isn't the news. She'd still be yapping at whatever camera she can stick her face in front of even if this forum and others didn't even exist.
I understand that, but in this forum she will never go away for the reasons I told above. The same goes for anywhere else. She does not own the news media, nor SNL for example, but they keep on bringing her up.

Now, if you really want to see who is on TV and radio each day of the week, look at The Messiah.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:13 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,214,605 times
The sad part about Palin is she seems like your next door neighbor, someone you can have a good time with, laugh at her stupid jokes, etc. But as a politician, she is a trainwreck. Matt Damon obliterated her and put it best saying it seems like a really bad Disney movie if she and McCain won.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6urw_PWHYk

I'm sure Palin is a nice woman, good-willing, but to have a good chance at potentially being THE PRESIDENT is terrifying. If she ever became Pres. (which her chances are basically ZERO) I would leave the country, no joke.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by **NoodLes** View Post
The sad part about Palin is she seems like your next door neighbor, someone you can have a good time with, laugh at her stupid jokes, etc. But as a politician, she is a trainwreck. Matt Damon obliterated her and put it best saying it seems like a really bad Disney movie if she and McCain won.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6urw_PWHYk

I'm sure Palin is a nice woman, good-willing, but to have a good chance at potentially being THE PRESIDENT is terrifying. If she ever became Pres. (which her chances are basically ZERO) I would leave the country, no joke.
Keep in mind that Matt Damon is not a genius himself. A lot of of actors and actresses are school dropouts. They can act and read, but a lot can sound quite stupid when speaking.

And talking about dummies: did you heard Sean Penn talking in Haiti? And how about...Danny Glover (?). These two top them all, including Palin.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:48 PM

Many school dropouts are millionaires, once they realize the US school system isn't about education, but an ever-revolving door of raising tuition to teach most of the re-hashed topics from high school. Technical schools are a different story, though. And, Damon represents what most Americans think of a "hockey Mom" potentially becoming the President of many Americans, most from the middle America.

Must I remind you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrzXL...eature=related

Old 02-11-2010, 12:09 AM

560 posts, read 1,715,696 times
I just don't get why she is so polarizing. She is a less-than one term Governor from Alaska. Big deal. Now she is just a citizen.

I really don't get why so many people absolutely hate and belittle her all the time. Regardless of what the far left my say, she is obviously not stupid. Otherwise, they wouldn't be trying so hard to destroy this "stupid" woman unless they were actually afraid of her.

On the flip side... why do so many people love her? I don't get that either. I get that she reflects a lot of values that the right likes, but that's about it. To my knowledge she has never written any ground-breaking legislation or suggested any policies that will get us out of our current mess. To be fair though, Obama never wrote any meaningful legislation either and the left was falling over themselves to go vote for him... so if the right wants their version of "Obama" I guess she fits the bill, but other than that I have no idea why so many are chanting Palin 2012.

I'm not saying I would or would not vote for her. I'd have to hear more... for all I know she might make a fine President. All I'm saying is that I don't know why she is so picked on by the left and so revered by the right. What's she done aside from campaigning with McCain?

In case anyone is wondering and in the interest of full disclosure, I am an Independent. I have no agenda when it comes to Palin, I just find everyone's obsession with her strange. I don't care for Obama these days, but I am not ready to jump on this current Republican bandwagon either.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:12 AM

301 posts, read 283,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
I understand that, but in this forum she will never go away for the reasons I told above. The same goes for anywhere else. She does not own the news media, nor SNL for example, but they keep on bringing her up.

Now, if you really want to see who is on TV and radio each day of the week, look at The Messiah.
Are you a believer in that idea that any publicity is good publicity?Sarah is in the news so often because she make a fool of herself for the MAJORITY of AMERICANS. People, unfortunately, like to laugh when other people make stupid statements and make fools of themselves most of the time.Sarah *sells* because so many people find it amazing and humorous that she just keeps on going out there over and over and over and makes such hard right, fascist-leaning statements (being clueless all the while) and that there is a small group of right wing ultra extremists who like *stupid.* It's dark humor. And I don't consider someone who just makes money necessarily *smart*

Old 02-11-2010, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmagana View Post
I just don't get why she is so polarizing. She is a less-than one term Governor from Alaska. Big deal. Now she is just a citizen.

I really don't get why so many people absolutely hate and belittle her all the time. Regardless of what the far left my say, she is obviously not stupid. Otherwise, they wouldn't be trying so hard to destroy this "stupid" woman unless they were actually afraid of her.

On the flip side... why do so many people love her? I don't get that either. I get that she reflects a lot of values that the right likes, but that's about it. To my knowledge she has never written any ground-breaking legislation or suggested any policies that will get us out of our current mess. To be fair though, Obama never wrote any meaningful legislation either and the left was falling over themselves to go vote for him... so if the right wants their version of "Obama" I guess she fits the bill, but other than that I have no idea why so many are chanting Palin 2012.

I'm not saying I would or would not vote for her. I'd have to hear more... for all I know she might make a fine President. All I'm saying is that I don't know why she is so picked on by the left and so revered by the right. What's she done aside from campaigning with McCain?

In case anyone is wondering and in the interest of full disclosure, I am an Independent. I have no agenda when it comes to Palin, I just find everyone's obsession with her strange. I don't care for Obama these days, but I am not ready to jump on this current Republican bandwagon either.
Simple, but short, she's a MILF and the Republicans were trying to capitalize on the women voters since Hillary Clinton lost. And their plan BLEW UP in their face. I truly feel sorry for McCain.

Old 02-11-2010, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworking View Post
Are you a believer in that idea that any publicity is good publicity?Sarah is in the news so often because she make a fool of herself for the MAJORITY of AMERICANS. People, unfortunately, like to laugh when other people make stupid statements and make fools of themselves most of the time.Sarah *sells* because so many people find it amazing and humorous that she just keeps on going out there over and over and over and makes such hard right, fascist-leaning statements (being clueless all the while) and that there is a small group of right wing ultra extremists who like *stupid.* It's dark humor. And I don't consider someone who just makes money necessarily *smart*
It seems that you din't read my previous posts. I said the following: the reason why she does not go away is because people in this forum, the news media, etc., do not let her go away. Does she own the US news media? Lets say that nobody in this forum mentions or posts about Palin. In this case, who is going to respond to a question or statement that is not being made? But all one primarily sees in this forum are posts about Palin, and issues relating to homosexuality, therefore these two subjects will never go away.

There are stupid and fascist people, extreme left wingers, etc. on both sides. Some are Obamabots, some are Palinators. And don't believe for a minute that only your side is the right one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies