Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 07:26 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,326,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
When I listen to the obsessive hysterics of the Left over Palin it reminds me of the attacks that were made on Reagan. He, too, was deemed a dunce by the leftwing elites. But the people were not swayed by that snobbery. The second point I'd make is that these attacks are actually benefitting Palin. They are making her battle-hardened. So if and when she runs for president she'll be prepared for the sliming she'll face as a conservative. Palin is growing in poise, polish and knowledge. In three years' time she'll be a formidable candidate should she choose to run.
HAHH HAHAHHH HAHAHAH HAHAHA HHAHA oops! I'm sorry you made me laugh so hard that all of the water that I was drinking came out of my nose!

Reagan had an excuse he was old and almost senile, but at some point he knew (or at least thought he knew) what he was talking about
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by checking out View Post
Why don't all the anti-Palin and anti-Obama nutts go somewhere and have a big Kumbya Party? The media-informed public it makes me sick. Half of the stories on the news are mere propaganda.

I'd guess that about 80 percent of the American public couldn't name 20 Presidents.

....and the other 20 percent really does not care

Old 02-10-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Gonna be alot more than popcorn cracking when it comes to paying back the debt. I don't want to hear that leftist bull crap about O and he inherited the problems. He ran for office and chose to do so, now the job is his. Enough already.

I think Al Gore quit his job to make money!
People like you slay me! Where you the last 8 years when the rich got richer on the American's peoples dime? The Illegal war cost how much? and how much disapeared? How many government contracts (which by the way is paid for by the American poeple) were given to cronies of the administration when in reality they should have went to the lowest bidder? Yet you complain about a debt that for some reason did not exist a mere 4 years ago! I think that it is mighty funny that under Bush no one mentioned anything about the future debt of the country......I wonder why is that?

Why did he run for office? hmmmm maybe he thought that he could be instrumental in turning this country around or even (Gasp!) working with the republicans and make this country a better place to live in.

If Mccain and Numbnut had won would you ask the same question?

Old 02-10-2010, 07:44 PM

Quote:
What I don't understand is why we vote for such pathetic loosers.

NE1 have a clue?
I guess the same reason why we listen to pathetic losers like Palin

Old 02-10-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Were you just as embarrassed by the commander-in-chief of the armed forces mispronoucing the word 'corpsman', not once but three times in the same speech? I'll bet the 3 million or so men and women in uniform are still rolling their eyes over that display of ignorance. Do you think they might be embarrassed to have Obama as their commander-in-chief?
....Like Bush attempting to pronounce nuclear or taliban? Or Palin making a sentence that actually makes sense

Old 02-10-2010, 07:56 PM

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why would you want someone to run for presidency if they would not even finish their term as governor? So I guess if the going gets tough in the White House she will just get up and quit. Do you Palinites find solace in this or can you explain it to the rest of us......perferably in a sentence or paragraph that makes sense and does not mention Obama?

Old 02-10-2010, 08:19 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,790,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockworking View Post
Palin is a sneaky cheat. That's the real issue with her trying to *hide* her notes in the palm of her hand. Cheating. Everybody uses teleprompters and note cards. Everybody. But Palin *cheats*. She's apparently not even smart enough to realize that taking note cards would not only have been fine, but admirable. Instead she *cheats* so she can make more snarky remarks about Obama and a teleprompter because he is so much smarter than she is and he has such a very large factual knowledge base.
I agree, but it's bigger than being a "cheat", she's a fraud.

It's one thing to not be incredibly bright, educated, well-read, articulate, etc. People may or may not select such a person for a job. However, someone who does not admit her limitations and tries to cover it with lies, or distractions (such as blaming the media or "liberals" for attacking her) is a fraud and someone you don't want to work for you in any capacity.

It reminds me of Bush. He made mistakes, and that's bad enough. But, people make mistakes, that he made mistakes could have been accepted and even forgiven. The problem is that rather than admit mistakes, he'd lie more and pretend to have made no mistakes. That was worse than the original mistake itself, because it shows that he's willing to allow harm to our nation in order to guard his own ego.

And that's what I see in Palin. She will lie and do anything necessary to protect her own ego, and if given the power she would protect her ego at the expense of the nation. She's a piece of political garbage. When Oprah asked her about the Katie Couric question that she botched ("what publications do you read?" - that question), instead of just saying that she was tired or whatever and made a mistake and botched the answer to that question, she instead blamed Katie Couric and the liberal media for "attacking" her with such a question. What a stupid, stupid woman.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:34 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,755,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Can someone PLEASE explain to me why would you want someone to run for presidency if they would not even finish their term as governor? So I guess if the going gets tough in the White House she will just get up and quit. Do you Palinites find solace in this or can you explain it to the rest of us......perferably in a sentence or paragraph that makes sense and does not mention Obama?
I think this is a salient point, simetime.

If Palin quit on us up here in Alaska simply because a lot of folks were filing ethics complaints against her, complaints that staffers were handling on their regular salaries, how could she possibly handle the logarithmically more stressful situations of potential suicide bombers filing planes at government buildings? Or the decision to send in more troops? Or handle a Katrina if she couldn't even act when our fellow Alaskans were starving and freezing in Emmonak? Or negotiate with world leaders when she couldn't even communicate with Republicans in Juneau? Oh that's right... she could just write down the 3 key negotiation points on her hand.

Old 02-10-2010, 09:40 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,755,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
I agree, but it's bigger than being a "cheat", she's a fraud.

It's one thing to not be incredibly bright, educated, well-read, articulate, etc. People may or may not select such a person for a job. However, someone who does not admit her limitations and tries to cover it with lies, or distractions (such as blaming the media or "liberals" for attacking her) is a fraud and someone you don't want to work for you in any capacity.

It reminds me of Bush. He made mistakes, and that's bad enough. But, people make mistakes, that he made mistakes could have been accepted and even forgiven. The problem is that rather than admit mistakes, he'd lie more and pretend to have made no mistakes. That was worse than the original mistake itself, because it shows that he's willing to allow harm to our nation in order to guard his own ego.

And that's what I see in Palin. She will lie and do anything necessary to protect her own ego, and if given the power she would protect her ego at the expense of the nation. She's a piece of political garbage. When Oprah asked her about the Katie Couric question that she botched ("what publications do you read?" - that question), instead of just saying that she was tired or whatever and made a mistake and botched the answer to that question, she instead blamed Katie Couric and the liberal media for "attacking" her with such a question. What a stupid, stupid woman.
Great post here, BCJ. Very well put.

Old 02-10-2010, 10:56 PM

1,377 posts, read 4,214,605 times
A golden retriever can out-debate Palin as another poster put it. The only way she can stay in the news and gain any attention nowadays is by taking gimmicky jabs at the President and millions others with her "hopey, changey" line. The only reason I want Palin around is so i can LMAO at how stupid she is and to see Tina Fey make a mockery out of her.

If McCain hadn't chosen her as vice-president, the election would have been much, much closer. I thought McCain had his act together, I wouldn't mind him being president either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies