Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 03:39 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Has anyone seen Palin's latest Snafu on the Daily Show?
There are many people I would like to see go away before Palin... the Kardashians, Brittany Spears, Perez (and Paris) Hilton, Pelosi, the entire Jersey Shore cast, Kayne West etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 03:43 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
You lefties are desperately grasping at straws. Palin has what it takes to pull people to the polls, people that have given up even voting because they felt it did not matter and the Dems have been falling like a house of cards, one right after the other. The lefts fear of her is most enjoyable. I love anything that can get under their shallow skin.

I was not the least bit impressed with hussein obama at the retreat. Anyone can remember to say "I" every other word and his spew is the same over and over.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:45 AM

258 posts, read 448,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
There are many people I would like to see go away before Palin... the Kardashians, Brittany Spears, Perez (and Paris) Hilton, Pelosi, the entire Jersey Shore cast, Kayne West etc.

Why?? I haven't heard one of them label their president as a Terrorist.

Palin does not deserve to breathe the same air as the rest of us.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:46 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post

A terrorist is much better than alot of things I have heard Palin called though (especially on this site )

Old 02-10-2010, 03:50 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlover View Post

You are correct. Palin does not deserve to breath the foul air of the left. She deserves to breath the fresh air of freedom on the right.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:57 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Let's see, Palin has four words written on her hand and hussein obama reads an entire speech written by someone else and you think it's Palin that is the dunce?

The guy is an idiot when he does not have his speech writers. Stammers, stutters, hems and haws. Geeeze he is painful to listen to.
I'm actually embarrassed for you.

Old 02-10-2010, 03:58 AM

258 posts, read 448,317 times
Quote:
You are correct. Palin does not deserve to breath the foul air of the left. She deserves to breath the fresh air of freedom on the right.

She can breathe all the fresh air she wants.. back up there in Alaska while she is shooting Moose and planning her dinner menu with them as the main course... as she looks at Russia.

Freedom belongs to everyone. It is not a right of passage for those who THINK they are elite because they belong to a non tolerant party who cannot stomach the fact their leader is a man of color.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:09 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,671,195 times
Quote:
you are correct. Palin does not deserve to breath the foul air of the left. She deserves to breath the fresh air of freedom on the right.
lol. Maybe some of that different air will get you to use correct English.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:56 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Let's see, Palin has four words written on her hand and hussein obama reads an entire speech written by someone else and you think it's Palin that is the dunce?

The guy is an idiot when he does not have his speech writers. Stammers, stutters, hems and haws. Geeeze he is painful to listen to.

Can't remember an entire speech vs. can't remember four words.

YEP! She's the dunce here!

Old 02-10-2010, 05:55 AM

918 posts, read 816,969 times
Default simetime

Why do you want her to go away?
What are you guys afraid of?
You guys should consider her free entertainment.
Finally you have someone to make sport of besides Limbaugh and the Party of No!

If she's so irrelevant why does the White House pay SO MUCH attention to and react to every little thing she says? I think the President of No is runnin' scared!

Could it be for the same reason that the Oba-meister continues bad-mouthing the one news outlet that is "fair and balanced" and calls him on the TRUTH?

It's very bad strategy to use continued whining as a diversionary tactic from reality. It creates another thing to criticize him and you guys for, by extension. Bad move...don't you think? Or do you...think, that is!

For example, on this topic thread someone said this...
Quote:
I know the President knows the three biggest things on his agenda.

Jobs, Healthcare, and securing the nation.
...referencing Palin making notes on her hand to remind her of her high points. My view, based upon performance and behavior is this.

The three biggest things on his agenda are:
1. Somehow, by hook or by crook, seducing the Republican leadership to agree to go along with 'modifications' of provisions of Oba Care to enable his #1 agenda item getting through to save face for his egoistic self. He should instead, be willing to openly state to the American public, utiliizing his "bully pulpit", that he is... willing to throw his ObaCare bill aside in favor of a much more cost efficient and serious agreement on changes to improve what we have that is broken, because BOTH parties are responsible for the current mess and it's past-due time for BOTH parties to fix it. That would be the REFRESHING TRUTH. That, I submit, is the general attitude of the so-called teabaggers that this administration ges into overtime to discredit.
2. The second item on his agenda in importance was his Cap and Trade initiative, which he has all but consigned to being dead in the water. It's important to recognize that THIS is the primary reason for his tenaciously hanging on to ObaCare. His personal and very huge ego.
3. His third initiative has been the appeasement of the world wide Muslim population by the actual performance he has demonstrated in weakening our national security and image among other nations. (Hasan/Ft. Hood, Christmas bomber, etc. ad nauseum)

Note: You'll notice that "jobs" is not listed as it only came to be an issue as a defense mechanism against criticism of high unemployment after his outrageous budget proposals calculated to put us over the edge and increase REAL unemployment over 20% caught so much public heat. "REAL unemployment" takes into account the approximately additional 8 to 10% of uemployed who have exhausted all benefits and fallen out of the "unemployment" statistical pool category. You can check the Bureau of Labor Statistics on that. Table A-12.Unemployed persons by duration of unemployment I'm actually being conservative as many estimate REAL unemployment at over 20% now. Referencing and navigating from table A-12 Alternative Measures of Labor Underutilization, we find this... “U-6 Total unemployed, plus all marginally attached workers, plus total employed part time for economic reasons, as a percent of the civilian labor force plus all marginally attached workers (not seasonally adjusted) was 7.9% in April of 2007 and 8.9% in April of 2008. (The latest example THEY use, not me.) Defining the italcized group above “Marginally attached workers are persons who currently are neither working nor looking for work but indicate that they want and are available for a job and have looked for work sometime in the recent past. Discouraged workers, a subset of the marginally attached, have given a job-market related reason for not looking currently for a job. Persons employed part time for economic reasons are those who want and are available for full-time work but have had to settle for a part-time schedule.” Then..., if we navigate to the “Persons Not in the Labor Force” (Household Survey Data) page: “About 1.4 million persons (not seasonally adjusted) were marginally attached to the labor force in April. These individuals wanted and were available for work and had looked for a job sometime in the prior 12 months. They were not counted as unemployed because they had not searched for work in the 4 weeks pre-ceding the survey. Among the marginally attached, there were 412,000 discouraged workers in April, about the same as a year earlier. Discouraged workers were not currently looking for work specifically because they believed no jobs were available for them. The other 1.0 million persons classified as marginally attached to the labor force in April cited reasons such as school attendance or family. If we examine the BLS data and add up the number of self employed persons who are not working, the number of persons who are working part time because they can not find a permanent full time job, and the number of persons the BLS classifies as unemployed, the total number of people who are either unemployed or underemployed equals 12,395,000 workers.

Now, it took much time and effort to extrapolate the effect of including the long-term, off-the-stats counter unemployed. And I still wasn't able to make it CURRENT (by GOOOBERMENT standards). Why am not surprised? The truth is often buried by politicians (BOTH parties again) and bureaucrats in the government employ dependent upon those same politicians for their continued existence.

As to actually CREATING JOBS simetime, the Oba-meister hasn't a clue! That's why his big proposal is a tax-credit to businesses to hire new employees. How can those same businesses add that when what he gives with the left hand he taketh away with the right? Shall I list the additional punitive tax increases he's proposed for businesses? Please to step back from the Oba-Aid refreshment stand, close that open window and take a deep breath of reality all you Oba-supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies