Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 05:17 PM

301 posts, read 282,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureBrennanDad View Post
So Palin jotted down a few notes. When has our current president held a Q&A with anyone. He needs to have a teleprompter feed someone else's words to him. He has not done any press conferences since he said that the police acted stupidly then had to have that beer summit. That is scary to me, and I do not support Palin for President, but need to get people to realize that we have a sitting President who is not perfect either.
As surely you must know by now, President Obama gave a press conference *quite recently*, actually I think just a matter of hours after your post. Did you watch it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It's really to see the fear of Palin as they watch their messiah fall in the polls and one Democrat after the othe being flushed down the toilet. Go Palin Go! Watch the left squirm!
Palin is a sneaky cheat. That's the real issue with her trying to *hide* her notes in the palm of her hand. Cheating. Everybody uses teleprompters and note cards. Everybody. But Palin *cheats*. She's apparently not even smart enough to realize that taking note cards would not only have been fine, but admirable. Instead she *cheats* so she can make more snarky remarks about Obama and a teleprompter because he is so much smarter than she is and he has such a very large factual knowledge base.

Last edited by Clockworking; 02-10-2010 at 05:45 PM..

Old 02-10-2010, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
When I listen to the obsessive hysterics of the Left over Palin it reminds me of the attacks that were made on Reagan. He, too, was deemed a dunce by the leftwing elites. But the people were not swayed by that snobbery. The second point I'd make is that these attacks are actually benefitting Palin. They are making her battle-hardened. So if and when she runs for president she'll be prepared for the sliming she'll face as a conservative. Palin is growing in poise, polish and knowledge. In three years' time she'll be a formidable candidate should she choose to run.
Palin doesn't need to be *hardened*... clearly she has no shame at this point.

Old 02-10-2010, 06:57 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh, we don't want her to go away.

She is in the perfect position to pound away on obama's policies and highlight to the public his lies, scandals, empty rhetoric, broken promises and more lies.
Actually she does just the opposite, the woman is a walking contradiction and she does more harm than good to the Republican Party. If you are really serious about going after Obama you better get a real candidate. Her star appeal does not attract the main rank and file repubs, truth be known I really don't think Big Daddy Rush cares too much for her either

Old 02-10-2010, 06:59 PM

Quote:
As long as Palin has the leftist wallowing in Palin Derangement Syndrome, I live her! Their fear of her ability to bring the people ut scares the h*ll out of them. It's a beautiful thing

BOO!
I think that they are wallowing in laughter, she does not provoke fear in anyone but she is getting major bucks for talking about things that she knows little about

Old 02-10-2010, 07:04 PM

6 posts, read 16,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh, we don't want her to go away.

She is in the perfect position to pound away on obama's policies and highlight to the public his lies, scandals, empty rhetoric, broken promises and more lies.

are you serious she doesnt even know where to begin!!! i thk you would be a better canadate than her frankly,, or did you read your palm before writing this?

Old 02-10-2010, 07:08 PM

4,027 posts, read 7,292,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotomleeron View Post
are you serious she doesnt even know where to begin!!! i thk you would be a better canadate than her frankly,, or did you read your palm before writing this?
Don't worry about sanrene, it's like Fox News jr. with the constant love towards Republicans and lies.

Old 02-10-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
A terrorist is much better than alot of things I have heard Palin called though (especially on this site )
ok, I'll bite: lets see, fool, idoit, clueless, airhead, loser, bad mother, inconsiderate, liar, confused, uneducated, stupid, money hungry, caribou barbie, joke, manipulator and this is just on City Data I proably could come up with more but I'm too tired

Old 02-10-2010, 07:10 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
It's really to see the fear of Palin as they watch their messiah fall in the polls and one Democrat after the othe being flushed down the toilet. Go Palin Go! Watch the left squirm!
Ramblings from the far side, but very entertaining.
Casper

Old 02-10-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorhugo View Post
Why do you want her to go away?
What are you guys afraid of?
You guys should consider her free entertainment.
Finally you have someone to make sport of besides Limbaugh and the Party of No!

If she's so irrelevant why does the White House pay SO MUCH attention to and react to every little thing she says? I think the President of No is runnin' scared!

Could it be for the same reason that the Oba-meister continues bad-mouthing the one news outlet that is "fair and balanced" and calls him on the TRUTH?

It's very bad strategy to use continued whining as a diversionary tactic from reality. It creates another thing to criticize him and you guys for, by extension. Bad move...don't you think? Or do you...think, that is!

For example, on this topic thread someone said this...

...referencing Palin making notes on her hand to remind her of her high points. My view, based upon performance and behavior is this.

The three biggest things on his agenda are:
1. Somehow, by hook or by crook, seducing the Republican leadership to agree to go along with 'modifications' of provisions of Oba Care to enable his #1 agenda item getting through to save face for his egoistic self. He should instead, be willing to openly state to the American public, utiliizing his "bully pulpit", that he is... willing to throw his ObaCare bill aside in favor of a much more cost efficient and serious agreement on changes to improve what we have that is broken, because BOTH parties are responsible for the current mess and it's past-due time for BOTH parties to fix it. That would be the REFRESHING TRUTH. That, I submit, is the general attitude of the so-called teabaggers that this administration ges into overtime to discredit.
2. The second item on his agenda in importance was his Cap and Trade initiative, which he has all but consigned to being dead in the water. It's important to recognize that THIS is the primary reason for his tenaciously hanging on to ObaCare. His personal and very huge ego.
3. His third initiative has been the appeasement of the world wide Muslim population by the actual performance he has demonstrated in weakening our national security and image among other nations. (Hasan/Ft. Hood, Christmas bomber, etc. ad nauseum)

Note: You'll notice that "jobs" is not listed as it only came to be an issue as a defense mechanism against criticism of high unemployment after his outrageous budget proposals calculated to put us over the edge and increase REAL unemployment over 20% caught so much public heat. "REAL unemployment" takes into account the approximately additional 8 to 10% of uemployed who have exhausted all benefits and fallen out of the "unemployment" statistical pool category. You can check the Bureau of Labor Statistics on that. Table A-12.Unemployed persons by duration of unemployment I'm actually being conservative as many estimate REAL unemployment at over 20% now. Referencing and navigating from table A-12 Alternative Measures of Labor Underutilization, we find this... “U-6 Total unemployed, plus all marginally attached workers, plus total employed part time for economic reasons, as a percent of the civilian labor force plus all marginally attached workers (not seasonally adjusted) was 7.9% in April of 2007 and 8.9% in April of 2008. (The latest example THEY use, not me.) Defining the italcized group above “Marginally attached workers are persons who currently are neither working nor looking for work but indicate that they want and are available for a job and have looked for work sometime in the recent past. Discouraged workers, a subset of the marginally attached, have given a job-market related reason for not looking currently for a job. Persons employed part time for economic reasons are those who want and are available for full-time work but have had to settle for a part-time schedule.” Then..., if we navigate to the “Persons Not in the Labor Force” (Household Survey Data) page: “About 1.4 million persons (not seasonally adjusted) were marginally attached to the labor force in April. These individuals wanted and were available for work and had looked for a job sometime in the prior 12 months. They were not counted as unemployed because they had not searched for work in the 4 weeks pre-ceding the survey. Among the marginally attached, there were 412,000 discouraged workers in April, about the same as a year earlier. Discouraged workers were not currently looking for work specifically because they believed no jobs were available for them. The other 1.0 million persons classified as marginally attached to the labor force in April cited reasons such as school attendance or family. If we examine the BLS data and add up the number of self employed persons who are not working, the number of persons who are working part time because they can not find a permanent full time job, and the number of persons the BLS classifies as unemployed, the total number of people who are either unemployed or underemployed equals 12,395,000 workers.

Now, it took much time and effort to extrapolate the effect of including the long-term, off-the-stats counter unemployed. And I still wasn't able to make it CURRENT (by GOOOBERMENT standards). Why am not surprised? The truth is often buried by politicians (BOTH parties again) and bureaucrats in the government employ dependent upon those same politicians for their continued existence.

As to actually CREATING JOBS simetime, the Oba-meister hasn't a clue! That's why his big proposal is a tax-credit to businesses to hire new employees. How can those same businesses add that when what he gives with the left hand he taketh away with the right? Shall I list the additional punitive tax increases he's proposed for businesses? Please to step back from the Oba-Aid refreshment stand, close that open window and take a deep breath of reality all you Oba-supporters.
I think that you mistake fear for annoyance, her nonsensical rantings ignore the hell out of folks (especially me) and it is almost as bad as that jack ass Beck's constant crying. For you die hard repubs, truthfully I could honestly listen to someone who has SOLUTIONS for issues instead of pointing out the probelms. Her latest: The audacity to suggest that a senator resign b/c he referred to someone as "retarded". Even after "leader" Rush used the word she quickly backtracked and said that it was "ok if used in humor" (paraphasing). I mean do you really want someone like that in the W.H?

Oh yeah Doc, In case you did not realize it you went from the original question "why does'nt she go away to bashing Obama's policy. The sad thing about it is that YOU know more about policy then she does!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies