Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 08:18 AM

17,531 posts, read 24,709,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
I think we should tax <insert that which I disapprove of>. This is the sum of many of the suggestions here. Sure, some might have drawn out reasoning, but in the end, it is simply taxing out of self interest.
What did you expect? Everything is done out of self interest.
Not that I can see how a tax on gasoline is in my self interest and I already have VA Health Care.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:19 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
$.50 a gallon on gas, no more Health Insurance.......two birds with one stone

Why are you taxing me in the first place?

Your solution makes cost of living sore. I causes the loss of jobs. It adds overhead cost to all aspects of American life.

Again, why are you taxing me in the first place and who was it that actually ratified the 16th amendment?

I expect a well thought out, short and sweet answer, to the serious question of the cost of the unconstitutional entitlement programs.

Old 03-10-2010, 08:29 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
$.50 a gallon on gas, no more Health Insurance.......two birds with one stone
all you will do is raise the cost of EVERYTHING......then really no more health CARE

Old 03-10-2010, 08:31 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,500,230 times
Quote:
What did you expect? Everything is done out of self interest.
Not that I can see how a tax on gasoline is in my self interest and I already have VA Health Care.
you va care is only good fro what is designated as "service connected" all else you PAY (the VA's first question they ask when you walk in is, "is it service connected, and do you have INSURANCE")

Old 03-14-2010, 06:10 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,048,996 times
Looks like the administration is getting ready to deal with the agriculture industry.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:31 PM

Look like the administration is going after Big Agri.

"He then went on to detail how the rising age of the average farmer, now 57 as reported in the 2007 Ag census, the higher and more prolonged rates of unemployment in rural America and the loss of economic opportunity in rural areas across the country were all issues that he planned to address by improving programs at the USDA."

I hope increased interest and opportunity in farming and other agricultural areas (along with unions and e-verify) can help revitalize rural America.

We need them strong and vibrant along with our manufacturing industry.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:35 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
The answer is TAX.

TAX is the only answer.

TAX means take from producers and give to non-producers.

TAX is not a good thing.

Old 03-16-2010, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
The answer is TAX.

TAX is the only answer.

TAX means take from producers and give to non-producers.

TAX is not a good thing.
Are you including the generous subsidies Big Agri receives in your little rant?

Old 03-16-2010, 05:31 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,921,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovert View Post
tax all products un-nutritiously high in processed sugar, sodium, fructose corn syrup; tax McDonald's, Dominoes, BK and all the fast food chains; slap a big fat juicy tax on the firearms industry; and for good measure the producers and users of pollutants in our environment.

Cost of universal health care solved.

There is another glaring example that the myth of capitalism and free markets is really a sham.

This industry is actually oligopoly that begs for and receives government bailouts. Why doesn't any scream and shout about these corporate welfare queens milking the system out of tax payer money?

There shenanigans have a direct impact on the nation's health.

Those that make statements about national security should investigate the posted links.
i have a simple question for you.

why would ANYONE want to pay more taxes to a government who bailed out the wall street elite and let them give themselves the biggest bonuses in their history, even with the PAY CZAR?

what is a sham is putting your faith in a government that would do that to you.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i have a simple question for you.

why would ANYONE want to pay more taxes to a government who bailed out the wall street elite and let them give themselves the biggest bonuses in their history, even with the PAY CZAR?

what is a sham is putting your faith in a government that would do that to you.
Did you check out the links?

Once you do I have a simple question for YOU.

Why would anyone want their tax dollars to subsidize and bailout an industry that is poisoning them with toxic food that impairs their health and adds to the biggest deficit contributor that both sides of the aisle agree on?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies