Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2010, 10:07 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
But the factors you brought in are wrong,while poverty plays a part,yes.But again,more whites are on welfare so why are there not more whites in prison.It is a mindset,mentality in many black youth,not their economic status.But I can see why this only gets worse in urban areas,because people like you get defensive and refuse to accept the facts.I am not arguing about it no more,until the parents in the black community starts to raise their kids with a more positive mentality we will continue to witness these types of incidents.It is time for the elder blacks to do their job and chande this destructive mindset.Your name is factsplease,you have been given that,but you will not listen.When the parents tell them not that they are being held down by the man,but that they can become,hmmm president
No, just because the factors that I brought up do not support your theory that blacks are bad and genetically inferior as a race does not make them wrong. It was you yourself who brought up the fact that blacks make up a dispropotionate amount of the prison population so I felt the need to also point out that blacks make up a disproportionate amount of the population that is living below the poverty level and also that racial disparaties in sentencing do exist. Nothing I said was wrong.

I am not defensive, just pointing out that you don't know what you're talking about and clearly you have an agenda. The story you started this thread with has nothing to do with black leaders and USDOJ stats. Contrary to what you would like to believe, there are plenty of black kids with a positive mentality. I was one of them and my sons are two more. I don't need to listen to you, again, you are far from an authority on the black community yet you seem to be borderline obsessed with it.

Stop trying to make everything that involves a black person a race issue that involves some deep-seated hatred of White people. You really don't know what you're talking about. You talk about white women getting raped and how there is a hatred of anything white when I have pointed out several times that most victims of violent crime done by blacks is against blacks. I have never denied that there are issues that need to be dealt with within the black community but it is internal and not due to hating white people and again, you would be the last person I would take advice from if I was looking for some way to do something positive within the black community.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2010, 10:09 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,830,455 times
i thought that was what security(secure the premises) was for, so i guess i can go rob a store in that area and all they can do is call the police and by then i be gone with the money while they are filing their report

they could have broken it up..the people in the area could have also broken it up. theres more to it that whats displayed...a fight over someone cause she has a ipod, who the hell doesnt have one they're cheap lol the attackers must have been living like the orphan kids the appear on the simpsons every now and then...

i believe some pieces are missing

Old 02-12-2010, 10:13 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,324,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtinChicago View Post
Black guards watching a black girl getting beaten and robbed by black thugs.
The one guard was practically pushed out of the way by the black girl doing the attacking!
You see someone getting kicked in the head and being brutally attacked and you don't try to stop it???

No Humanity in Seattle!

Guards should be jailed, tried in court, found guilty and sent to prison along with the thugs.

Somebody has a lot of "soul" searching to do!
The whole lot of them should be required to take a year of etiquette training.

But, is there anyone in America left who would qualify as the instructor?

Old 02-12-2010, 10:13 AM

3,359 posts, read 7,326,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostInTheShell View Post
So you "toured" a jail once, whatever that means, and there were a lot of white people there. So apparently your conclusion is that all over the country blacks must not commit most of the crime and that we should ignore statistics from respected sources and instead listen to you.
Exactly...I'm glad you got my point...your correct...in a state like Oregon where the population is just 3% black...the jails and prisons are still stuffed with inmates...

Correct, blacks are not commiting most of the crimes, they simply get watched or pulled over more by cops, scrutinized more...

I driving once in N carlina on I-40...and through out that whole state...every single person who got pulled over and searched was 'black' or had brown skin....even a white guy who had a dark tan, got stopped...

It was sickning to watch....and meanwhile all the 'whites' who I guess the state troopers presumed were 'innocent'...were allowed to drive by, with their kilos of drugs in the trunks...

Do you really believe a few inner city blacks control a Billion dollor american drug trade?
Do tooth fairies exist?

Old 02-12-2010, 10:16 AM

Blacks really are genius if they alone are able to run and control a multi billion dollar drug enterprise within every american community from Idaho to miami, and inspite of locking up half the adult black population and criminals, the drugs continue to flow and increase...hmmm....these blacks really are smart and very rich...

Has anyone ever seen a pig fly?

Old 02-12-2010, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
There is no 'crisis' in the black community....another myth....

Why do people like analyzing the 'black' community so much? Like scientist of old, of the Darwin mindset, who would spend hours and hours in the lab trying to proove to themselves that blcks were 'flawed'....they would get government grant money to measure skull thickness and other stuff...

Always trying to justify their 'superiority' or 'ill treatment' of the blck population...one test after another...
I use to read some of the notes left behind by these scientist of the 1940's and 50's...and they would spend hours on end always trying to convince themselves, through science, that somehow people of color were just 'less'....

And that same mindset pervails even today through hundreds of useless stats and gibits...
All the while ignoring their own kids, and their own issues, and drug abuse and this and that....and then one day, they wake up...and realize that they now, are the ones being studied by others...
I disagree with you. There is a crisis in the black community. The violence, gangs, drugs, crime, poor parenting, poverty and lack of education are part of the problem. However, this does not prove all blacks are bad and is not some genetic issue, it is an issue of class and socio-economic status. The history of blacks in the US is very different than that of any other race here. You can deny this if you want but there is a problem, however, I don't see Mary Phagan's bringing the USDOJ stats and making generalizations as a solution. She is on a mission to prove that the problem in the black community is being perpetuated by some deep-seated hatred of anything white wich is far from the issue. This was a school girl fight gone wrong, not a race issue.

Last edited by Factsplease; 02-12-2010 at 10:53 AM..

Old 02-12-2010, 10:25 AM

558 posts, read 818,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Exactly...I'm glad you got my point...your correct...in a state like Oregon where the population is just 3% black...the jails and prisons are still stuffed with inmates...

Correct, blacks are not commiting most of the crimes, they simply get watched or pulled over more by cops, scrutinized more...

I driving once in N carlina on I-40...and through out that whole state...every single person who got pulled over and searched was 'black' or had brown skin....even a white guy who had a dark tan, got stopped...

It was sickning to watch....and meanwhile all the 'whites' who I guess the state troopers presumed were 'innocent'...were allowed to drive by, with their kilos of drugs in the trunks...

Do you really believe a few inner city blacks control a Billion dollor american drug trade?
Do tooth fairies exist?
And every time I drive through a poor (i.e. black) neighborhood I notice many more stores with bars on the windows, cages/plexi glass, etc. than I do in the better neighborhoods. These affluent white people must be pretty clever to drive over to the black neighborhoods and commit most of the armed robberies. Heck they've done such a great job at it that they even look black on the video footage usually.

...the point being you can play these silly, anecdotal games all day. Please provide some stats to support your case.

Old 02-12-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
And every time I drive through a poor (i.e. black) neighborhood I notice many more stores with bars on the windows, cages/plexi glass, etc. than I do in the better neighborhoods. These affluent white people must be pretty clever to drive over to the black neighborhoods and commit most of the armed robberies. Heck they've done such a great job at it that they even look black on the video footage usually.

...the point being you can play these silly, anecdotal games all day. Please provide some stats to support your case.
Oh, so you've driven through a black neighborhood without being assaulted?

Old 02-12-2010, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
I disagree with you. There is a crisis in the black community. The violence, gangs, drugs, crime, poor parenting, poverty and lack of education are part of the problem. However, this does not prove all blacks are bad and is not some genetic issue, it is an issue of class and socio-economic status. The history of blacks in the US is very different than that of any other race here. You can deny this if you want but there is a problem, however, I think Mary Phagan's bringing the USDOJ stats and making generalizations as a solution. She is on a mission to prove that the problem in the black community is being perpetuated by some deep-seated hatred of anything white wich is far from the issue. This was a school girl fight gone wrong, not a race issue.
I can tell you've never been raised up around 'whites'....

Only blacks, or other people of color, who were never raised up and around whites or in white communities, would believe that the things mentioned above only exist in the black community...

Old 02-12-2010, 10:39 AM

Quote:

Come on guy, you make this to easy....

People like Burny Maidoff...the billionare ponzie scammer, who scammed billions of money out of people, don't need to climb through windows to get at your money...
Their 'white'...that's the only weapon they need...people presume their innocent and are 'incapable' of deviant behavior...and so willingly hand over their lifes saving to him and others who routinly rob people blind...but not of $5.00 like some poor dunce street kid, but rather of $5 million dollors...

Do you know how many other Burney Madoffs are out there?

Corporate criminals make street criminals seem like rank in file amatuers...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies